MEGA-GIGA ICBM is possible

SuperSloth said:
:eek:

wonder what the max number of nukes is before the whole screen is filled?
I wonder what it would look like with 10000 nukes. Your computer would most likely explode. :p

Anyway, got the thread 5 stars. :)

Thats what I call Nuclear Saturation.

So can you view these nukes going off from a bird eye view of from a real far out zoom? If so then it might be cool to pause, launcha lod of nukes, puase, again, etc and watch as the planet resembles the end scene from Terminator 3. :cool:

I tried this too. Seems like diplomatic penalty is immense. I got up to

"-80 You nuked us!"

hate to burst the bubble, but as an EFX artist i realized what's going on here. There is no super or seperate animation for more than one nuke, what you are seeing is several single nuke animations superimposed on top of each other, thus having a cumulative effect. That is why the light is so much brighter and bigger (lights are additive in 3d engines), but the mushroom cloud animation (while brighter) is the same size, since it is an animation, not a light. But i have to admit, it does look cool :)

and grouping them does SIGNIFICANTLY more damage. 8 nukes will take a size 18 city to size 1 and kill every unit in it, as well as flatten any improvement in the tiles around the city. ;)

LogicSequence said:
hate to burst the bubble, but as an EFX artist i realized what's going on here. There is no super or seperate animation for more than one nuke, what you are seeing is several single nuke animations superimposed on top of each other, thus having a cumulative effect. That is why the light is so much brighter and bigger (lights are additive in 3d engines), but the mushroom cloud animation (while brighter) is the same size, since it is an animation, not a light. But i have to admit, it does look cool :)

and grouping them does SIGNIFICANTLY more damage. 8 nukes will take a size 18 city to size 1 and kill every unit in it, as well as flatten any improvement in the tiles around the city. ;)

I just tried it (a few times :D) and the mushroom cloud itself definitely looks alot bigger. Maybe I'm just crazy :D

Do you think the Firaxis guys didn't tell us about this on purpose? Maybe wanted to really surprise us? Or could it be that they don't know themselves? :groucho:

I agree with LogicSequence in stating that upon dropping a 250, 500, 750, and 1000 "Mega-Giga" nuke there was no immediate diffference except that they were even bigger and took even longer to explode. Furthermore, I should state that no matter what the game said the fallout did not exceed the traditional radius of nine squares which really sucked cuz it took forever for me to get up to a thousand nukes and then watch it explode which again took another eternity because it took up so much of my computer's performance and bare witness to nothing changing.

In addition, how do you post pictures in forums?

SWEET!!!

Whow, mad idea, with pause you could create a chinese roll :p
First carpet nuke a continent finishing it off with one of these, now that would make one insane movie :)

Gotta try that one day :) (as soon as i have the game that is...)

Chieftess said:
Here's what you can do (and it's even better, too!).

1 - Pause the game.
2 - Launch every nuke you have!

-- Or --

For better effects, launch a couple, unpause/repause, launch a few more, and repeat. Unpause, and watch the fireworks. (I believe you can hold shift and scroll the mousewheel to pivot the map? That's an even better view). Just make sure you have unit cycle and build popups disabled.

I guess this means I can target all my nukes, then zoom out and watch them all hit at the same time? If so, this is exactly what I was hoping for. :goodjob:

Well, considered how you look at the cities the pic with only 1 nuke looks to me actually as realistic explosion. The one with the many nukes, looks more after a H-Bomb explosion.

Chayton said:
Well, considered how you look at the cities the pic with only 1 nuke looks to me actually as realistic explosion. The one with the many nukes, looks more after a H-Bomb explosion.

You mean a hydrogen bomb based on fission? BTW I think after you discovered fission all fusion based ICBMs should change to fissional missiles. Like in reality, none of the advanced countires has been making nuclear bombs since the 60s, they are obsolete now, just no one knows it...:/

Mwahahahaha now Peter is gonna be in real trouble... mwhahahahaha

haha! there should be a maximum number of nukes that'll automatically end the game. after 200 nukes, a pop-up screen should come up - congradulations! you just destroyed all life on earth! but at least you took down everyone with you! either that, or half the world becomes a giant crater. haha.

Top Bottom