MEGA-GIGA ICBM is possible

I think this is the most important discovery in civ4 since that business with the railroads. They should give you a medal, SPQR!

Awwww Sheet. :) :) :)

So you only used the world builder to give yourself a bunch of nukes right? You haven't actually changed the ICBM unit values - you just stacked them a launched a meteoric fireball.

aahz_capone said:
I think this is the most important discovery in civ4 since that business with the railroads. They should give you a medal, SPQR!

What is the business with railroads?

Dagoth Ur said:
What is the business with railroads?
that they are no longer unlimmited movement. ;) biggest change in civ to date.

until now! MUAHHAAHAHAAAAAA!

:eek:

...Nukes have a new meaning right now. THAT'S what I call a nuclear strike!

Gosh Dang! Potrzebie! Hoo Boy! This is the most amazing Civ4 discovery of all time.

I wonder if there is some radius limit... because if not, theoreticly you could make enough nukes to destroy every unit and city on the entire planet. :lol:

Dagoth Ur said:
I wonder if there is some radius limit... because if not, theoreticly you could make enough nukes to destroy every unit and city on the entire planet. :lol:

I belive they call that M.A.D.

How are able to stack the nukes to do that?

Do you just fire them all really fast or is there a button that specifically allows you to stack nukes

Wow! What a find! Please tell us about the blast radius and after-effects.:eek:

The Condor said:

Do you just fire them all really fast or is there a button that specifically allows you to stack nukes
You just select all the nukes (I think shortcut is ALT+Click), then click the nuke button to select a target.

The Condor said:

Shift click a whole bunch of them, and then hit the red button. At least that was how I did it.

nice find, dont see it being practical though. Seeing as how 98 nukes can take out a continent, u could probably do the same launching one nuke at a time with less than half that many nukes.

wonder how much diplomatic penalty there is when u launch one of these. Will it be the same penalty as if u launched one nuke? or a hundred nukes?

Here's what you can do (and it's even better, too!).

1 - Pause the game.
2 - Launch every nuke you have!

-- Or --

For better effects, launch a couple, unpause/repause, launch a few more, and repeat. Unpause, and watch the fireworks. (I believe you can hold shift and scroll the mousewheel to pivot the map? That's an even better view). Just make sure you have unit cycle and build popups disabled.

The penalty adds up, I think. I just tested, dropped 33 nukes on the Greeks in an old save game. Got '-66 you nuked us' with Alexander, and '-33 you nuked our friend' with Napolean, who was obviously friendly with the Greeks.

Thanks for the info. In addition, I tried it 3 times with one hundred nukes each and the blast radius never exceeds the traditional 9 squares, but there is a almost 100 percent chance every square will be affected even if your opponent has SDI.

Top Bottom