Meiji Restoration

Mesix

The Allfather
Which districts count towards the Meiji Restoration? More specifically, do Neighborhoods and Government Plazas count, or should I avoid building these in the seven tiles for this achievement? How about the Aviation districts?

All districts count towards the Meiji Restoration achievement. It's just best to place districts that don't produce yields around the districts that do, to maximize yield output. Though I have heard that the city centre can't be the district in the center, so watch out for that.

Still having trouble with this one. Clearly not all of the districts count.

Here is a screenshot with a Cultural District surrounded by six unpillaged districts including a Government Plaza and a Spaceport. The achievement did not pop.
Spoiler :

I loaded an earlier save from the game and replaced the Government Plaza and Spaceport districts with an Encampment and a Holy Site. The achievement still did not pop.
Spoiler :

Perhaps the Entertainment District is not counting?

At the end of the game I unlocked the Captain of Industry achievement, so the game is unlocking other achievements properly.

Can someone who has finished the Meiji Restoration achievement please share their wisdom on how it can be done?

Still having trouble with this one. Clearly not all of the districts count.

Here is a screenshot with a Cultural District surrounded by six unpillaged districts including a Government Plaza and a Spaceport. The achievement did not pop.
Spoiler :

I loaded an earlier save from the game and replaced the Government Plaza and Spaceport districts with an Encampment and a Holy Site. The achievement still did not pop.
Spoiler :

Perhaps the Entertainment District is not counting?

At the end of the game I unlocked the Captain of Industry achievement, so the game is unlocking other achievements properly.

Can someone who has finished the Meiji Restoration achievement please share their wisdom on how it can be done?

I noticed while playing as Japan and trying to get that achiement that the district in middle (theater square in this case) must be last district to be built in that circle to be counted.
(Which in my opinion is very annoying...)

Really? That is a bit counter-intuitive. I'll give that a try and see if it works.

No worries. I will play Japan with a Modern Era start to get another achievement with that game.

One more question. Do the districts have to be in the same city, or can the seven districts be built in an area between 2-3 separate cities?

I did the achievement by having all districts in same city but I think it is possible by separate cities. Let me know if it works by latter one!

I will. When I make the attempt, I will have a city picked out with a good location for all seven districts just in case the 2-3 cities sharing the load doesn't work out.

p.s. Right now I am playing a Khermer game and I have founded 20+ cities across two continents, none of them named Angkor Wat (to build a Wat and Angkor Wat in Angkor Wat).

I got my achievement with separate cities iirc. I built more traditional early game districts like commercial hubs, campus, and theater squares. Obviously I had more than one of each.

Top Bottom