Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Sweet

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Not too shabby

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Not of interest

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
Well... I was trying to capture the essence of infantry's ability to take a beating. Tanks took one unlucky shot and were disabled whereas infantry good withstand punishment.

As far as gov and civs go I can't force a civ to use 1 government and they already favour those that are historically accurate.

I keep having a problem. Each time after I create my 1st city, the game crashes. I run XP and have the 1.21 patch. Thanks.

Strange... Never had that problem but it is most likely the units that are messed up. Check that you have a militia unit set up in the /arts/units directory. The install works fine but maybe it doesn't work well in NT. :confused:

I very much doubt that your OS is to blame. Most of the crashes would occur when the game tries to load something the mod points at that's not there (sounds, graphics, unit info). So, reinstall the mod and make sure that you're decompressing the files into the right places.
First, if you haven't already, backup the files as described in the instructions. Then, if you have WinAce installed, just right-click on the archive (Meinkampfww2mod4civ3.ace) and, holding the right mouse button, drag it into your Civilization 3 directory. You'll get a menu popup (I think - I don't have XP but it shouldn't be too different from win2K) so just pick 'extract to here'. There will be some prompts to override stuff, to which you should answer 'yes' and then you're set.
I don't see any other reasons for the mod to be crashing if Civ3 works fine on its own.

Is this suppose to be a joke?? Sorry but you HAVE TO use a world or european map if you are making a ww2 scenario.

Otherwise it looks great, looks like the first well-done, thorough ww2 scenario for civ3 :goodjob: .But it has to be on a world map, or else it is not of interest.

I have not played it, but looked at the screenies on your site. If it was on a world map, I would love to play it.:)

The scenario looks very promising - I may go ahead and try it when I've finished my current game.

A few obvious omisions (or maybe I didn't see them):

Germany: V1/V2 - how could you not include these?

Britain: Home Guard. These (cheap almost obsolete - no offense!) units were a large contribution to Britain's success since they allowed more troops to be freed up for front-line duties.

And where are France and Italy? - fairly essential I would have thought. Although I'm sure even Switzerland could be included (as the only 'neutral'). Maybe you should consider focussing on just the European theatre (i.e. ignore the Asian conflicts) and play on a Europe only map (with USA represented as a smaller island to the West so you don't have to show the whole world)?

A very good start though - hope you are able to continue to develop it.

Well to start:

I agree a world map would be good, but the scenario is far from "a joke" without it. I have played it maybe 10 times in full games and always find it interesting.

Lack of France and Italy will most likely be dealt with in the future. Unfortunately, France didn't last long and hardly holds a candle to the power of the 5 main powers. Italy though it lasted longer was mainly a quick land grab while the going was good and lacked the will and ability to sustain any real losses.

Home Guard is an interesting idea. I might use it in the next version which will come after the new editor.

V1/V2 were excluded because I was trying to focus on getting the basics to work first. The next version should have this included.

As a general note, I am interested in finding anyone who would like to help me continue the development of this mod. I feel that after the XP we can make a truly great model to crank out some good scenarios.

Let me know if interested:

Jesuiscanadien@hotmail.com :king:

Later

:sniper:

Originally posted by Exile_Ian
Maybe you should consider focussing on just the European theatre (i.e. ignore the Asian conflicts) and play on a Europe only map (with USA represented as a smaller island to the West so you don't have to show the whole world)?

why?

that wouldn't be realistic

Originally posted by NoS
Lack of France and Italy will most likely be dealt with in the future. Unfortunately, France didn't last long and hardly holds a candle to the power of the 5 main powers.

yeah but you could also give it its colonial bases that could let it last longer, like Mid East possesions

or maybe change it Vichy or something

I have just downloaded the mod today and I think it's great. There are few things that I've only noticed and think should be tweaked.
1. At the beginning of the game, it takes a rather long time to get technology going (I've only played one game so maybe it is just this game) but one suggestion is to make the technology a little easier for the beginning ones. Also to simulate each part of the military/culture advancing, it would be cool if you could research a single part of each of the 5 or 6 major research areas at a time. This is probably impossible but would be incredibly cool.
2. Get rid of the horrible unrealistic battles! The original had a problem with this too, such as a Pikeman defending off a Tank. I mean, c'mon. That is so unrealistic. I can understand infantry holding off a tank (if they have a good supply of rockets) but they should be hurting bad at the end of the battle if they do defend them.
3. The computer AI seems to have been fooled with some. I would tweak it some, unless you purposely meant for them to make many alliances and be very aggressive.
That's all the complaints/suggestions I have for now. In the mean time, I'll continue playing the game as it is. I'm hoping an update will be coming shortly.
PS: The idea about more civs, I think that you could add one or two more but I think it's pretty good otherwise.

Tried to download at your site, ftp server port com:37 had been shutdown for security reasons was all I could get in several tries. Would like to try this one.

I've noticed you have the Enterprise Carrier in this mod. Is this just the same graphics to the normal carrier, or did you make this one yourself? If so where can I download this carrier?

Thanks, I've been looking for a carrier for a while.

Are you working on converting this mod onto a world map with cities and units using 1.29 editor? I you are i would certainly be interested.

I would have the following suggestions though. Find a world map that actually represents Europe correctly...Britian is only capable of holding one good city in the ones i have seen.

I would agree to have colonial assests but would make the population 'neutral' and often unhappy....of course this would mean the creation of a 'neutral' civ, for the scenario with cities, parts of africa, south and central america.

As for other civs i would leave out Canada, although for some of the vain canadians this would be a bitter pill. This is because Britian would need as much terrritory as possible to fight the war considering how small UK is in world map...Canada, Austrailia, Middle East must be under thier direct control

I would leave out Austria, Finland and Poland, as part of the 1939 Reich, and only include Italy so it can be a security risk to the germans and a general liability of an ally needing to be constantly bailed out

Crucial is the inclusion of China as their presence would provide a buffer to Japanese expansion, however it would need to have a comminst insurgance after the war....keeping in mind both factions united under the threat of Japan.

I dont know how you have handled the nuclear race but it there are two ways...one be historically correct and have Germany someway off nuclear capacity, or allow them to change strategic priority away from advanced rocketry and jet planes toward nukes

There should be some compensation for Germany's fascism in that her science should not be penalised for military advances

Russia and USA must have strongest industrial base...of course

Leaders must be created with correct locations.(is it possible to edit the leader properties and create and disband armies more than once?)

If you are not working on this I wouldnt mind helping by perhaps creating the cities, even add the units in correct number and position starting in 1939.

Give us a shout

Hey Nos just a thought, did you think about putting stuka dive bombers in for germany? THey played a big part early in the war

hey NoS, I got a wee problem. When I install your scenario and try to run it I get an error message on starting

Missing entry in "text/PediaIcons.txt" : ICON_

I have 1.29f installed. What's missing in the pediaIcons file cos I sure as heck can't find it

Tried running it in just ver. 1.21F - only get "3.02 not compatible" at startup load screen. According to their website they will not be updating this mod any longer. Was the mod made under a German ver of Civ III? To bad, our loss... would have liked to try it out (considering all the work that probably went into it).
Maybe next time, S!
DasBuck

Top Bottom