Members' Artwork

Do you like the general style/colors?

1676274475425.png

It's from a new horror game project :)

IMO the textures are too grainy. I dunno, but would a smoother sort of look be a better fit?
The problem with less grainy texture is that it typically would require a lot longer to render ^^ (yes, my computer is old).
And there are roughly 500 frames of animation, each of the size of that pic.

Good prospects for getting paid on this?
Only if it blows up. My previous two games didn't, despite one largish channel making a video playthrough of one ^^

Apart from the game itself being of note (which is the most crucial, obviously), you need large youtubers to pick it up.

Besides, up to now (and this will continue when the new game is released), paying to dl is voluntary, hosted at Itch. So the overall income from game-selling is trivial (in 2 years, maybe 300$, and a good part of that due to a paid pick-up of the above game by a paid collection). But if your indie game does blow up, you can always release new chapters, which can be mandatory paying. Still, even if that does, my first move will be to still leave paying as voluntary - people do support without having to.

Last edited:
I made a video about The Beatles in Memoriam, if anyone is interested in that kind of thing:

If you like it, and you know anyone else who likes The Beatles, please let them know it exists!

& feel free to let me know if you notice anything tragically wrong or glaringly missing!

I haven't found a better thread to post this in, so I'm posting it here for now.

If you are retro enough to remember:

- TradeWars 2002 the BBS door game
- Star Control II

This post might appeal to you.

Me and a friend put together a graphical mod for the TradeWars2002 BBS game that converts all spaceships to Star Control II versions, it changes the game dynamics to accommodate the changes and makes other modifications, it modifies other game graphics and elements, and basically gives you a new gaming experience.

We already have 4 sysops running our mod, even though this was only released yesterday. We also got the blessing of the TradeWars creator, who is still around. All around a fun project to have been a part of!

To see the rest of the art in the mod or to download it: visit the 16colo.rs archive

The INFOFILE contains easy to follow instructions on how to install the mod, if you happen to actually run a BBS of your own and want to install this.. or if you know a sysop who runs a BBS. which is probably not going to be the case, but you never know

Top Bottom