Merz02 - Emperor Island Empire

Wow you guys have time for yet another computer strategy game between Civ4 and RL? :eek:

If it is, what I think it is, RL is pretty buggy.
I'm waiting for a patch.

Not sure if you can chop rush, but I do know Mrs. Muffin thinks I am low on :hammers:'s, and sometimes has to use the :whipped: to get some production out of me.
Reminds me, I should offer her a flower resource for +1:) on my next trade.

preturn: the utter lack of metal is disturbing. I agree with the push to chemistry as grens are really our only option for attack as for settler, a modified red dot is in order, need to see more of that land to make sure.

casting in 14 so no momentus tech choices for liq.

move groo out of Antium to load up with settler in one.

IBT:
Antium finishes: Settler

[1]125 BC
Antium begins: Archer
need to start pumping out some garrisons.

moving galley down to pick up settler + groo skippy moves further east and see's the next land mass to hop over to for "more better" circum push.

Not too much to do. Market for rome will start next turn.

IBT:
Rome finishes: Confucian Temple
Merit Ptah (Great Scientist) born in Rome
Antium grows: 5

[2]100 BC
ug ug ug... well great scientist and the tech he has is philo... that gives tao AND trade bait major
as useful as the acadimy sounds we have a minimum +10 GP points for another GP in 19 turns with major chance of getting another great scientist...

As much as I want to go I'm letting us all decide as this is a major choice.. liq votes go for philo. as it's

1.free 1344 tech points

20 turns of academy at rome is about much less than 500 so lets say 500 =p

2. free taoism gg it's NOT discovered yet

3. a safe tech to trade for after getting.

4. allows pacifism for a major cut in time for next gp since we not going to war on purpose anytime soon.

appears a no brainer to be honest.

SOOOOOO?

Cheers!
-Liq

nope, liq is not stalling on turns!

liq DOES need help on gal civ 2 though people..... not too much time this week to play civ and gal and eq.

Cheers!
-Liq

I like the idea of grabbing that tech, we can build the academy later.
Tao & Confushu? Goody goody. More +'s for culture if needed.
And... monestaries will nicely add to our beaker output.
Just my opinion. Usually, I'd say go with your gut instinct.
The AI doesn't have innards, so that's our advantage.

As for Gal Civ (part deux), what kinda help do you need?
I'm totally smushing them aliens with the weird, thingy's.
And them aliens that look like me, but aren't really me at all, they are huge but are getting my flagship treatment on their homeworlds.
Just takes a while to send in the marines, that's all I'm waiting for, really.

They keep choosing missles, and I excell at anti-missle defense.
My custom ships are looking groovy too.
What a swell game, very stable.

More tech fast is always good. I can't see another priority for it yet, and more religion is always good.

WTH is GalCiv2? Is it fun? How could it be more fun that Civ 4?

I concur. I also disagree that this message is too short.

ok I scribblied that down and the more I thought about it, the more GET PHILO NOW LIQ screamed at me. I had already posted for the vote so instead of just editing out the post I let it sit as is... as I respect this SG's idiots far too much to just backtrack like that.

Looking like philo was one of the best the best free techs for us but well almost a no brainer in most games to use the first great scientist for academy.

Will play rest tonight.

Cheers!
-Liq

S.ilver said:
WTH is GalCiv2? Is it fun? How could it be more fun that Civ 4?
It is similar to Civ4, turn based strategy...
It's not better than Civ4, it's... different.
It's like having a girlfriend who is really friendly, as well as having a warm and loving wife. Hee hee.
*looks over shoulder to check for Mrs. Muffin's incoming slaps.* ;)

On the other hand, here is my latest generation of my custom created "Locust class battlecruiser".
This puppy is loaded, comes with air and cruise control.

Hurry up Liq! (Longest 10 turns... ever!) :lol:
Heh heh. Just kidding...

just woke up (yah my schedule is completely torn to shreads) and think ok CIV4 SG with idiots + merz god OR.......

Pick navel lint and reflect on how Mrs' muffins puts up with muf....

mmmmm lint.

Cheers!
-Liq

preturn: the utter lack of metal is disturbing. I agree with the push to chemistry as grens are really our only option for attack as for settler, a modified red dot is in order, need to see more of that land to make sure.

casting in 14 so no momentus tech choices for liq.

move groo out of Antium to load up with settler in one.

IBT:
Antium finishes: Settler

[1]125 BC
Antium begins: Archer
need to start pumping out some garrisons.

moving galley down to pick up settler + groo skippy moves further east and see's the next land mass to hop over to for "more better" circum push.

Not too much to do. Market for rome will start next turn.

IBT:
Rome finishes: Confucian Temple
Merit Ptah (Great Scientist) born in Rome
Antium grows: 5

[2]1260 AD
ug ug ug... well great scientist and the tech he has is philo... that gives tao AND trade bait major
as useful as the acadimy sounds we have a minimum +10 GP points for another GP in 19 turns with major chance of getting another great scientist...

As much as I want to go I'm letting you all decideas this is major.. liq votes go for philo.

Philo it is!!!!!!!!!

Tech learned: Philosophy
Taoism founded in Antium
Taoism has spread: Antium
Rome begins: Market

And I revolt to pacifism now. The great peeps are good. tempted to go caste system but desist.

ANARCHY oh noes!

Pick up the settler+ groo and head to red dot.

rome somehow is working a grass tile now after the GP, fix that bad and get the extra commerce from the coastal square.

IBT:
HC asks for open borders, I say sure.

[3]75 BC
the free tao missonary fails to convert rome... sigh.

we are cooking on the GP's +20 a turn in rome!!!! 75% scientist 25% profit

Red dot lands and looking like red dot stays as red dot and doesn;t move inland... will see if there's a resource behind one more tile of fog. Can stand to lose an ocean tile as well...

IBT:

Mansa wants to trade theo and 20 piddly gold for philo, I tell him no thanks.. quin has metal casting now doesn;t want to trade with us.
Rome grows: 7
Taoism has spread: Arbela (Persian Empire) huh interesting

[4]50 BC AD
Ok well see red dot island fully. Am moving red dot onto the plains hill nets us another plains hill to the south, loses an ocean tile and nets us clams + costal still.. will plop town on hill. The innate 2 hammers on hill is schweet!

I bump up science to 90% to knock a turn off metal casting to 7. losing only 1 gold a turn and have 14 saved, lets see if I can maintain 90%

nice the wine is done but then again whoever started the wine did so on the NON ROADED ONE!!!!! :smoke:

cottage next after road.

IBT:
Cumae's borders expand

[5]25 BC
Neapolis founded on plains hill

EDIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since the screen is hard to tell... there's a total of 3 plains hills in neapolis' city cross... by moving red dot west to the plains hill it added one in the SW. so win win win... we lost a workable plains but gained one and went from two ocean squares to one. Plus neap is founded on it's own plainshill giving it 2 hammers and innate defensive bonus. The little fortress town that could!

Neapolis begins: Work Boat in only 8 turns thanks to the hammers from hill... imo this town makes the workboats for cumae as well. this is a sweet city btw.

ug - 4 gold at 90% now though... bad bad. parity at 80% rome has a market coming in 10 more turns

Using the galley to push west a bit for circum.

IBT:
Cumae grows: 2

[6]1 AD
cumae has 2 population and encompasses both sea resources now so change to worker in 12 turns instead of workboat in 20ish. Need more workers bad and we just got ourselves a worker factory.
Cumae begins: Worker

wine is all roaded. I'm going to start a river cottage now instead of working the other wine since we need that to grow and default 2 commerce isn;t bad.

SO close to circum..

IBT:
Antium finishes: Archer
Taoism has spread: Neapolis

hehe great taoism is on a rampage.

[7]25 AD
Antium begins: Worker 8 turns, NEED workers.

Contact made: Arabian Empire
We meet saladin, who is last in points.

Mansa has music now btw. rather NOT help him get more techs. everyone else is stalled still on techs.

IBT:

[8]50 AD
wooo skippy used HC's open border a few turns ago to hop east over the ocean and looks like clear sailing to circum

[9]75 AD
yup circum next turn! otherwise nothing going on.

IBT:

[10]100 AD

Completed circum!!!! will register next IBT.
cottage finishes I place rome to work cottage instead of coast for same commerce/food.

Tech choices for trade I'll leave to next player... cyrus is able to trade calendar but LEAVE THE OB in queues

Let Liq state this explictly, obolixs are a CHEAP form of culture. I placed one in the queue of every town. Even after calendar comes along AS LONG AS THAT OB IS IN THE QUEUE we can build it... take it off the queue and it's gone for good. they always provide culture once built.

Neapolis begins: Obelisk
Cumae begins: Obelisk
Antium begins: Obelisk
Rome begins: Obelisk

LEAVE the effing OB's IN THE QUEUE! doesn;t mean they have to be built right away or ever, just leave the option open as they are like 3 turn builds now, 1 turn later.

another GP in 3 turns.

metal casting in 2 turns so lower science to 70% and maintain same time on casting.

Our galley is over in the west heading back home. need to confuse neapolis.

Cheers!
-Liq

Deal with the tech trades liq stalled calendar until I could get neapolis up to queue an obolix.

got 2 workers in the mix and market soon on rome helping pump up the gold we get for each missing % of research.

May want to eventually chantge to taoism as it's spreading like wild fire!

Sorry for the sluggish turns, Liq is a loser.. sprechen die deutsche baby?

now to work on the screens!

number one reason why Liq needs a dual core athlon? so liq can run photoshop with CIV4!

Cheers!
-Liq

Nice!
We have to keep an eye out for GS to get our academy built in the future.
And building the temple of whathisface in Rome, and whatchamacallit in Antium should give those two cities a tailwind push for the rest of the game.

Circumnav, oh boy oh boy oh boy.
I haven't had that in ages! Too bad we can't upgrade that fishing boat to a galley. He's like the little engine that could!

Except he's a boat, not a train.
But besides that, he's exactly the same.
Makes you think, huh?

Neapolis is a nice city. Having a presence in the west makes me feel tons better! Now I think we have to work on our money, so we can afford to expland a little more without grinding our research into the dust.
Still looking for metal, it's doesn't even have to be the heavy variety.
I'd be happy if we even got the easy listening kind.

* The opinion above has been written prior to my first coffee of the day; The muffin family accepts no responsibility for the mental stress caused from attempting to understand it.

* This mornings first reply has been brought to you by the letter 2, and the avacado.

:lol:

yowsers muf!!! that's a boffo crispy paintjob on the little train... erm ... workboat that could!

is that cerillllllian blue?

oo just noticed, naepolis' new location allows us to travel through that island in the case we need to ship west. How they get the ships over the hill I have no idea!

Cheers!
-Liq@sleep

Pre-turn (341 left):

Well, the good news is that we're third in score out of eight civilizations. But we're sucking in most key demographics:

It turns out our score is being buoyed by our decent technology. We've done well trading. However, we won't be able to sustain a lead if we can't bump up commerce significantly. Our research times are atrocious for the next wave of techs, like 28 turns for CS.

Relations... Cathy is essentially our only friend. Let's stay in 'bed' :lol: with her in the hopes we can bribe her to war with somebody. That means we shouldn't trade with Mansa because Kathy hates him.

I take OB with Saladin and Qi. Why not?

Trades... nothing really important here. Just Calendar is available, which isn't important enough to grab (we just have an incense and that's it).

Cities... no MM needed. But we should have been building more settlers, there are still empty islands (CONTINENTS as it will turn out) out there a little bit to the west. :smoke:

Turn 1 (340 left):

:banana::

Farming the other winery now.

Turn 2 (339 left):

I notice some more unsettled land in the west...

We research Metal Casting. What next? Although I do want Chemistry, we're never gonna get there if we don't increase our tech output. Civil Service looks to be a good choice here since it will get us Bureaucracy. With that and an academy we'll be almost doubling our tech output. It's 27 turns, but I don't see as we have a choice. And it doesn't look like any of the AIs have it yet either. And it will put us in the race to Liberalism, which we already have a good chance of winning due to Liq's awesome Philosophy gambit.

Turn 3 (338 left):

Scientist pops, academy built. Time for CS drops to 19 turns!

Liq, sorry but I gotta take some of these lix out of the queues... I think they are eating up overflow from earlier builds. We're not gonna have Calendar any time soon, so they can be put back next player if I'm wrong.

Antium: worker -> aqueduct

Neopolis: work boat -> lighthouse

Turn 4 (337 left):

Farm the fishies south of Cumae. Bump science up to 80% at -1 GPT.

Turn 5 (336 left):

ROFL, Mansa demands Philosophy. Eat me you beaker-sniffing space cadet. Hatty cancels OB.

Rome: market -> settler. I'm gonna chop it.

Turn 6 (335 left):

:sleep:

Turn 7 (334 left):

I trade our extra wine to Sally for a deer, giving us an additional health in our cities.

I decide not to chop the settler, it would only gain us a single turn.

Cumae: Worker -> Settler

I'm gonna take a risk here. Our intrepid fishing boat has revealed a BIG unsettled continent in the west. If we don't grab it now, we're toast. Our galley has almost returned home to Rome. Rome will pop a settler in 4. We will take that settler out west on the galley, plus an archer. Then I'll put Rome on another galley. Cumae will pop a settler around the same time that next galley is ready. Then that should go out to the west also, with Cumae's worker. Right now, Skippy is circling around the new continent giving us intelligence.

Turn 8 (333 left):

Dang, still no decent trades to make. I'm not gonna sustain Capac's and Mansa's tech leads by trading them Philosophy so they can go and grab Liberalism.

Turn 9 (332 left):

:sleep:

Turn 10 (331 left):

Capac demands we cancel our deals with the Malinese. I agree, because Capac is #1 in score, and Mansa is gonna be our first military target anyways, and already dislikes us.

Neopolis: lighthouse -> obelisk

To next player:

This is the still pristine continent that I'm having Skippy play guard over. It has some nice resources. One city in the south and one in the north should be sufficient to grab them all. Note that the continent to the left of that could be even bigger if it's still unsettled:

Follow the plan with the two settlers... there is a galley sitting in Rome with an archer on it. Put Rome's new settler in it (that will pop next turn) and head to this continent. I've already put an archer in it.

Then, notice that there is a another galley queued in Rome (which will take about 4 turns). Let it finish and put Cumae's settler (which will complete around the same time as the new galley) and worker in it (Cumae doesn't really need the worker). Then head to the same continent. Don't wait to build another unit, we only need one unit for the two new cities simply to head off barbs. We need to grab the land NOW. The worker is gonna be necessary almost immediately.

It's also important to build a forge and then the Colossus in Rome at some point.

After the 'duct finishes at Antium it should probably a couple archers. At least one more archer for Antium to make the 'duct worth building (for the extra hereditary rule happy).

After CS comes in revolt to Bureaucracy. It looks like we're probably in the lead for the race to Liberalism; screw Chemistry for now, get Liberalism first.

Also keep building settlers as long as there remains unsettled land out west.

http://nryan.com/Civ4/Merz02/Turn03/Merz02_AD-0350.Civ4SavedGame

just a an FYI merz, the HC open border allowed skippy to cross a problematic passage for circum..

It served it's purpose comepletely such that canceling it was not at all an issue.

in west hog the stone fosh and pigs for one town or split them up? MUF get on the dot map you slack ass!

Cheers!
-Liq

Top Bottom