Microsoft Lists XP SP2 Problems

shadowdude said:
You can uninstall the SP from control panel right?
Yeah, it's what I've done. It seems problems with conquests are computer specific. Microsoft still haven't got back to me after I told them they're first fix didn't work... ah well - no SP2 for me then.

I'm still trying to get SP2 and when I went to enable automatic updates the automatic updates configuration screen changed for me, but I didn't dl SP2.
Weird

Attachments

• microsoft sp.jpg
    microsoft sp.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 74
That looks just like mine. Do you have a red x shield in the bottom right corner? If you do then you might have SP2 without knowing you installed it.

I'm assuming that I am still queuing for SP2...

Edit: Looking at installed programs I have quite a few updates with SP2 next to them.

Maybe automatic update was updated.

When Windows update first appeared with SP2, it took three days until the installation finally began.

My dad's comp downloaded it over the weekend and lost all internet access, was able to remove it and get the internet back thankfully.

shadowdude said:
I'm still trying to get SP2 and when I went to enable automatic updates the automatic updates configuration screen changed for me, but I didn't dl SP2.
Weird

AFAIK, windows first needs to update the update-software :crazyeye: to version 5 before it can download the SP. So you probably already have the new updater but not the SP.

Chukchi_Husky said:
That looks just like mine. Do you have a red x shield in the bottom right corner? If you do then you might have SP2 without knowing you installed it.

I'm on SP1 and that's the same screen I have.

Top Bottom