Middle East Sim 1960-1990

well, it's not exactly worthless, as I intend to upload a new version of this set in 2003, and I didn't want to make the original creator (who in fact greatly lifted from El Justo's TCW) surprised when I released a new scenario that used his map as a basis.
It seems to me that your post was the worthless one, no offense.

I did'nt exactly understand how does "Jericho Contacts" help, or at least what does he do .

I just had passing turns because did'nt have much to do , later the AI's was asking me for money , I gave them money only when I was'nt ready . Later Iraq comes to me again and says the same , I said no and he declared war on me . I blocked his push on my cities and then he wanted to sign a peace treaty .

I thought about starting with capturing Lebanon and Cyprus since they're the lowest countries near me, tell me if I should'nt do it , because I've no action besides checking the new technologies I've discovering .

I forgot to add some bug that nuts me off :

When i'm getting into any city , I open the right menu and instead of Tanks I see air-units , or instead of Infatries I see Battleships ( for example ) .
The buildings are okay.

I played about 40 turns and noticed a few problems:

Why do Israelian Training Camps produce AK47 Infantry? Shouldn't they produce something like UZI Infantry?

Pollution is a real problem, because you have no Worker-Units to clear it up.

Tel Aviv istn't the Center of production that you said you wanted it to be.

What's this Jericho Contract all about? (In this scenario of course :D )

I think this might be interessting to you, because most of the terrain is desert: Desert Combat Pack

I guess the Creator of that scenario is currently N/A .

I've to say that it will be nice if you'll add a Civilopedia , then people will know what to build and what to not , I see many buildings and I don't know if it'll help me cuz all I see it's has only Maintence

The Jericho Contract generates nuclear weapons for Israel, but it (along with every other such WMD producing facility) generates unhappiness.

And there are worker units. You just can't build them. They're produced by the Civil Engineering Small Wonder. I forget which tech allows you to build it.

Israel can't build Nuclear weapons without the contract ? or it generates Nuclear every X-turns ?

is there any interest in playing my revised version of this?
I want to ask El Justo for his permission first, which the original creator of this scen did not do, but if he gives it, and 1 or 2 people would play it, I can upload it tommorow...

btw: mine is set in 2003-2012

goodsmell said:
Israel can't build Nuclear weapons without the contract ? or it generates Nuclear every X-turns ?

The latter. I'm not sure if anyone can build nukes of any kind. IIRC, there is a generic Nuke program that any country can build, but Israel can also build the Jericho Contract.

hello,

is there anyway to clear pollution?I´ve researched the tech for the Mirage, why can´t i build it?I´m playing as iraq

thx for your help

what is the goals for iraq ? just interesting .

i set it up with mainly VP locations contributing to the points, but some conquest. I haven't quite tweaked the VP limit, so that the US does win right after conquering Iraq, but also doesn't need to invade Iran in order to win... its a difficult balance. I also tried to remove pollution without adding workers (btw there is a building that makes workers) also, I think because of the way this takes from TCW, the pediaicons or something (what you see in the build cue) are all F____ up, even though they look okay in the game.

Vericitas said:
hello,

is there anyway to clear pollution?I´ve researched the tech for the Mirage, why can´t i build it?I´m playing as iraq

thx for your help

The Public Works is a small wonder that generates workers. They can clear pollution. You can also get slaves during wars.

Which Mirage is it -- the F1, the III, the V, or the 2000? The Mirage F1 FI is the only model you should be able to build as Iraq. The Civilopedia for this isn't very complete so it doesn't tell you which civs can build which units.

Ok here is my updated MEsim.

Remember: You need to have TCW mod installed.
and
you may need to add the folder in Art/Units called "Carrier" to the MeSim/Art/Units/ folder, but you may not. I can't tell if it's required.
I hope people enjoy this...again, its a rough draft, but I haven't changed it in the last week or so, so I thought I should give people a chance to play it.

Attachments

• IraqWar.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 133
hello jlocke,

i´ve downloaded your scenario.looks very interesting!!!

first of all i wanted to say that it took me a time to get it run.i´m not familiar with this:)
yes, you have to add the carrier folder to the art/units folder in the TCW folder.

the second is a little "bug report":the US are razing all iraqi cities!Why?can you change this and upload a new version?

Thank you

Vericitas

I did my best to stop the US from razing, but there is nothing really you can do to stop it. They hold the VPs though.
You can add the Carrier folder to either MESim or TCW.

I thought I had retain culture on. Feel free to change whatever you want, I'm plagerizing a plagerizm.

I'd suggest moving the volcanoes around Al Qaeda's city out a little further. If they erupt, so much for Osama.

And BTW, what's that Palestinian city in the Gaza strip? How come it isn't Gaza city?

Top Bottom