Mighty Bulwark build queue

DaveMcW

Deity
Mighty Bulwark is already one of the most productive cities in the world, and its prodution is set to double in a few turns.

What do we want to do with all those hammers? Build wonders? Military? Spies?

Spies aren't all that expensive to produce... maybe we should put Scotland Yard somewhere that isn't such 'prime real estate'.

So if we build the Scotland Yard somewhere else, we still have 1 National Wonder slot there, perfect for: West Point :ar15:

Do we have a level 5 unit? :dunno:

Alternatively, building SY in MB will result in fielding spies quite a lot sooner than building it somewhere else.... :hmm:

I think we'd do fine to build Military there until certain wonders present themselves - Kremlin, Statue of Liberty, and Pentagon come to mind.

Kremlin for sure! (It now works, with the patch, correct?)

And in general, I like the idea of getting some wonders cranked out. Make good use of our Industrious trait again.

What about the Notre Dame – would offer some help in dealing with War Weariness?
And the Pentagon… totally.

After that, there's not much to do till Radio, Mass Media, Democracy & Plastics. Though if the game is still competitive at that point, Mighty Bulwark would be a great place to build all those wonders (Eiffel Tower, Rock & Roll, Hollywood, Statue of Liberty, 3 Gorges…)

After getting the Notre Dame, Kremlin, and Pentagon (if possible) – I think it might make sense to build Scotland Yard there, if we haven't wedged it in somewhere else already. Wouldn't we rather build WestPoint along with our Heroic Epic in Immortal Keep?

Wouldn't we rather build WestPoint along with our Heroic Epic in Immortal Keep?

Yes... and No.

Consider: Mighty Bulwark is an Industrial Powerhouse. It can build just about anything quickly. With WestPoint, MB can produce Level 3 units right out of the gate (10xp = +4 from WP + 2 Civics + 4 barracks), without slowing down the flow of units from Immortal Keep.

Putting WP in IK results in the same level unit, but we have to delay units for a while.

MB To me with that strong of production would have the primary focus of Wonders. However it will be a supportive role to IK for Military. That said we have other cities that are production cities as well (Scion City, Dune, Sunrise Citadel, Point defiance to an extent).

So again we should focus on snaging wonders. Ideally ones we have the resources for, and Loco does have some stone off to the far east. Unfortuantely the only source of Marble I see if with Innovia, but by the time we have that we'll be in the final stages of winning :evil:.

So my Vote is Wonders.

But we need to Prioritize which ones.

Won't it only gain +50% in the next few turns? don't we need coal for the other 50% bonus? (50% iron we get immediatley)

That is just crazy...

I really think the way to go is with strategic wonders. Because soon enough the only other industrious leader will be out of the game. (+50% bonus right there) From here every Wonder we get denies it to 3 other teams :).
With 100 :hammers: a turn (even more with Industrious :evil:) wonders can be cranked out pretty fast.

So That is my vote, but again as a strategic back up to IK for Military production. Obvious if our West coast ever came under attack it would go straight to military.

So again focus on the empire wide Wonders (Liberty, Eiffle tower, rock & roll, broadway, notre dame, hollywood, 3 gorges(most important IMO, i would even build factory and coal here first to ensure we get that one).

:agree: Wonders, Wonders, Wonders.

Military if we get invaded.
Military if we have a break and no wonders to build.

The Hagia Sophia is a great wonder… but we would have needed to build it quite a while ago. By the time even Mighty Bulwark finishes building it, it's likely to be obsolete, as Piffle is currently researching Steam Power. :sad:

So yeah – I'd start with Scotland Yard or the Notre Dame – with my first choice being the Notre Dame… it'll be helpful for War Weariness and will give us some extra whipping cover if Innovia decides to get fresh with us.

Spoiler Piffle Tech Plan :

Epsilon Gives:
1. Scientific Method (2400)
2. Communism (2800)
3. Constitution (2000)
4. Biology (3600)
5. Corporation (1600)
6. Assembly Line (5000)
= 17,400 total

Piffle Gives:
1. Steam Power (3200)
2. Physics (4000) + keep Great Scientist
3. Railroad (4500)
4. Electricity (4500)
= 16,200 total

Hi,

I'd vote for Notre Dame as well. We might need the extra happiness real soon.

Scotland Yard will be needed at one point or another, but we can go for that anytime we want without contention.

Kremlin or Hagia Sophia are so-so wonders in my book, and I'd say better build more units instead than wonders we don't really need.

-Kylearan

So we can potentially have stone in 4 turns...what is the plan for Mighty B? Notre Dame?

More Military?

Notre Dame 3 votes
Scotland Yard 2 votes

So it looks like Notre Dame wins.

Next question is: Should we use our 2nd wonder slot on Scotland Yard, or build it somewhere else?
Point Defiance could finish it equally fast, at the cost of 6 Frigates.

What would the other option be for a national wonder in that city? Logically West point will go into Immortal Keep.

6 Frigates on the east coast at this stage in the game is pretty curcial to me, to Keep Innovia at bay, especially as thier shelf life is vastly increased due to the fact that there is no inland oil....

Whoa - I forgot about the no inland oil thing! :eek:

Frigates must take priority.

But they wouldn't be able to prevent Innovia from landing (or marching) to our Locolands, would they... :hmm:

Although, on this map, Ironclads are going to rule. And they are coming soon, no?

But they wouldn't be able to prevent Innovia from landing (or marching) to our Locolands, would they... :hmm:

Yes enough frigates (6-8) would sink any force Innovia could try to send at us via sea. Thier only other option would be to march through the peninsula, but that is a easy bottleneck to defend agaisn't. As well as get other troops into place if that one city fell.

Although, on this map, Ironclads are going to rule. And they are coming soon, no?

I still take the frigate as it can sail in the open sea. The ironclad is terribly slow for how much of a coast we have to defend....

Top Bottom