Military Discussion: Scout Movements

Falcon02

General
While Much of the scouting movements shall be the perogative of the Designated Player, we need to plan as much as possible in the Forums, taking the path that we know will expose the most and shed greater light upon areas we are interested in settling. As such I have come up with this preliminary plan for the movement of our scouts.

The Green Northern Path is that of the Next Warrior who shall soon be built and start exploring the northern territories.

Beyond the set paths, the Designated Player has the perogative to decide which way the scouts shall go. Also if the Designated Player spots an important resource (ie. Horses) he can forgo the designated path entirely in order to investigate the resources to help us plan our civilization's glorious expansion.

Fakcon02

I back you on this one 100 %, I also hope you follow the rim of the mountains iso we know how large the chain is.

This looks good as a preliminary plan. The DP will have to decide if changes are necessary as more info becomes available.

Mountains have good views. By going along them, we maximize our scouting capabilities. Plus you take just as long as if you were going on hills. The southern warrior should go to the top of the mountains south, and then southeast along them, rather than around the side.

I love the view from the mountains!
Just make sure our warrior doesn't take any naps along the way. ;)

Epimethius said:
Mountains have good views. By going along them, we maximize our scouting capabilities. Plus you take just as long as if you were going on hills. The southern warrior should go to the top of the mountains south, and then southeast along them, rather than around the side.

The point of having them go around the side was to try to expose as much of that river area which is partially exposed as possible without leaving the great view point of the hills and Mountains. I understand 1 tile movement is there regardless of hill or Mountain... I'm just trying to expose additional area.

FROM MILITARY OFFICIAL SUPERPELON:
I agree 100% with this plan... but id like to point out that we are avoiding coastline exploration. This is some (read ME) player style of exploration.

However... the view from the moutains means higher posibility of goody huts. And i like goody huts.

Agree, looks good. There appears to be a good spot NE for a future city, but the 'green' path should provide enough information for city planning.

I like this proposed path, well thought out I think.

Well done Falcon02! I entrusted instructions to you for this TC as I will be away and leaving in 8 hours. I leave it to you to continue our nation's path to victory for this TC. :)

DaveShack said:
I commend the practice of saying the route is suggested but may be changed according to what is revealed :D

:lol:

Yeah, well, ya know... it is a bit of a waste if we uncover an important tile before we're finished our "rounds" and don't investigate because "must follow instructions."

After new turnchat i suggest getting warrior back by first going NE and following east of capital, beyond desert. He already discovered there what he was sent for and he is now too far from the capital so we will not settle there yet because corruption would be too high. We should get him back and discover our closer neighbourhood, good lands after deserts could be to the east of capital.

Top Bottom