• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Minimum Requirements?

12padams

Prince
I can run this mod easily on my 2010 rocket desktop computer (its bloody awesome) but my 2009 macbook laptop (running windows 7 on boot camp) with only a 2ghtz core 2 duo and 2 gig of ram doesn't boot it up whatsoever... Open up beyond the sword... fine. Load a random mod... fine. Try selecting the latest SVN version of caveman2cosmos, loading xmls... BOOM! Error, "Has stoppped working" yada yada yada....

So what are the minimum specs and do you believe the win 8 pro tablet releasing next year will be able to run it? Note that it has 4 gig of ram, quad core i5 processor, 1080p resolution... see the rest here: http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-AU/surface-with-windows-8-pro/specifications

But seriously... it won't run on my 2009 macbook laptop running windows 7 so what is the lowest settings it will currently run on?

I can run this mod easily on my 2010 rocket desktop computer (its bloody awesome) but my 2009 macbook laptop (running windows 7 on boot camp) with only a 2ghtz core 2 duo and 2 gig of ram doesn't boot it up whatsoever... Open up beyond the sword... fine. Load a random mod... fine. Try selecting the latest SVN version of caveman2cosmos, loading xmls... BOOM! Error, "Has stoppped working" yada yada yada....

So what are the minimum specs and do you believe the win 8 pro tablet releasing next year will be able to run it? Note that it has 4 gig of ram, quad core i5 processor, 1080p resolution... see the rest here: http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-AU/surface-with-windows-8-pro/specifications

But seriously... it won't run on my 2009 macbook laptop running windows 7 so what is the lowest settings it will currently run on?

That's above what I run it on, so I suspect a quirk of MacBooks rather than a machine power issue. My current desktop is from 2009 and is a quad core from the generation before the i3/5/7 first came out.

That's above what I run it on, so I suspect a quirk of MacBooks rather than a machine power issue. My current desktop is from 2009 and is a quad core from the generation before the i3/5/7 first came out.

Note he said his macbook has 2 gigs of ram. ;) That would cause serious issues with C2C.

Note he said his macbook has 2 gigs of ram. ;) That would cause serious issues with C2C.

Ah so 4 gig ram minimum? good thing my destop has 12 gig of ram... but my laptop only has 2 :( At least the tablet will have 4!

I could run v26 (haven't tested v27) on a Pentium4 2.8Ghz with 3GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT. I ran a Huge map and made it to the early middle ages before having consistant memory issues.

AFAIK Apple computers are incompatible with new dll files.

Top Bottom