Minor Leaders

I love a good reference, even to a game I only know of through cultural osmosis, though I'd be tempted to drop the first name and just go with "Zapalo." I'd also propose a minor change to his lore for a better fit with Erebus, whose leaders are pretty sharp individuals. Make him only believe he's outwitted/mastered Os-Gabella when, in truth, she's entirely aware of his schemes, fully aware that he hasn't the slightest hope of mastering Armageddon like he dreams of (Ceridwen would have his skull for trying), but completely willing to let him believe that if it helps push the world and, by extension, her own life, closer to its end. Perpentach, being a master mind reader, would also know Zapalo's plan, but I can see him finding it so fascinating he'd willingly play the fool just to see how it turns out.

I like it, specially his "interaction" with Perpentach. Tough I had thought of him as more of a wild card, jumping from Perpentach's to Os-Gabella's service without any reason at all.

Note that, he wants not to master the Armageddon, he wants to become one with it (essentially yes, destroying himself too), but wants, in his mad and childish personality, to be the first one to provoke it, because he thinks that Os-Gabella and the Sheaim are just "making it come too slow".

About the name change, I leave that to Valkrionn. I'd prefer to keep name and surname, but whatever he wants.

P.D.:

For the theme, use this version better, it has more bells, thus is more apocalyptic and dark :D :
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/55839

Unfortunately, FF6 is a SNES game! So, shame on you! :p

:lol: Yeah, had a SNES... Unfortunately, at that time I was not quite able to purchase my own games. :p

I love a good reference, even to a game I only know of through cultural osmosis, though I'd be tempted to drop the first name and just go with "Zapalo." I'd also propose a minor change to his lore for a better fit with Erebus, whose leaders are pretty sharp individuals. Make him only believe he's outwitted/mastered Os-Gabella when, in truth, she's entirely aware of his schemes, fully aware that he hasn't the slightest hope of mastering Armageddon like he dreams of (Ceridwen would have his skull for trying), but completely willing to let him believe that if it helps push the world and, by extension, her own life, closer to its end. Perpentach, being a master mind reader, would also know Zapalo's plan, but I can see him finding it so fascinating he'd willingly play the fool just to see how it turns out.

I like the lore change... Not sure on the name yet.

I don't know ... to me Kefca (Cefka) has more of a ring to it, and if either name is kept, I think this one should be kept (with another surname I suppose)

I don't think you should keep "Kefka" as a name. I guess it's okay to use such a famous fictional character as a leader, but you shouldn't keep his original name, even changed to some fancy spelling. "Zapalo" sounds fine to me.

So, eh, quick question: Does this work with the current patch? Since there's talk here I assume so.
I want to start something like a scenario campaign, so minor leaders would come in handy...

So to speak, more like a personal game stretching over various games using various mapscripts to simulate Erebus... having various leaders would of course be more interesting than just the same over and over again, plus I can have civs multiple times. :)
So, great, thanks!:)

I don't think you should keep "Kefka" as a name. I guess it's okay to use such a famous fictional character as a leader, but you shouldn't keep his original name, even changed to some fancy spelling. "Zapalo" sounds fine to me.

Seems fair enough. Zappalo sounds "exotic" enough. I hope that Valkrionn likes it too.

That would be a big help, yes. :lol:

Atm, I'm working on the Fort Commander UU's... Using some from the RLD mod, others that people have suggested. Got the Ljos, Bannor, Archos, Amurites, Sheaim, and Chislev... The Khazad, Kurios, D'tesh, and Jotnar already have a UU.

Once done with that, I'll be working on the Minor Leaders revamp.

Add the Austrin to the list - Falconer. Recurve Archer graphics, higher ranged combat than most Fort Commanders, though not as good as the Ljos. Can call two Falcons, permanent summons. Capable of 4 range damage, and a large air range so very competent scouts. Can be taken away from the fort, but then the fort is left most defenseless, as the Falconer has low defense.

Ended up with them having two spells, Call Falcon and Call Attack Falcon, for lack of a better name for 'falcon trained to go for the eyes'.

The first calls a temporary Falcon, no range damage but six flight range... EXTREMELY competent recon unit.

The second requires Commander 1, and calls two permanent falcons with two range but four ranged attack. I had to split the two units because the same value that determines how far they can explore determines how far away they can attack... Can't have a bird attacking from six tiles awat. :lol:

Here is the diplotext for Zappalo, it may feel a bit rushed, but I think it's good for now:

Spoiler Zappalo diplotext :
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DECLARE_WAR
#Don't even try to surrender, I'm going to destroy EVERYTHING! You just happen to be the first thing.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_VASSAL
#[leadername], DO I LOOK LIKE A FOOL? I don't need your puny help in my glorious quest of provoking Armageddon! Except that you destroy yourselves, that would help indeed!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_VASSAL
#I do not have need of your leading talents, but you seem quite adept at destroying, LEAD US INTO A MAGNIFICENT DESTRUCTION SPREE!.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_FIRST_CONTACT
#If it Isn't other of these puny "civlizations"! This is Zalappo, AND THIS IS YOUR DOOM, COMMING SOON! But, I'll contain myself, for now...
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_REFUSE_TO_TALK
#YOU SON OF A SUBMARINER! The only thing I wish to talk to... IS YOUR DISEMBODIED HEAD!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_PEACE
#I'll stop it... for now, until then, YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR STEP!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_PEACE
#Heh. NO. Well, the day just got better! I'LL DESTROY YOU!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS (Friendly)
#Well, if it isn't [leadername]! Weren't you dead, dying or something? OR going to die...?
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS (Pleased)
#Speak now, [leadername]! I have to kill things, y'know.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS (Cautious)
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS (Annoyed)
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GREETINGS (Furious)
#I hate, hate, HATE YOU [leadername]! Talk, for it may be the last thing you ever did!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_ACCEPT (Friendly)
#Allright! Let's celebrate this desintegrating something!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_ACCEPT (Furious)
#Very well, but my bill will come soon. ONE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_REJECT (Friendly)
#No. Don't ask why if you don't want to lose that ability.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_REJECT (Furious)
#NEVER! Over your dead body!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GLAD (Friendly)
#It's okay I guess, but boring. I'll cheer it up killing someone.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GLAD (Pleased-Annoyed)
#Yes, yes, whatever. Now go before I start considering torturing you.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_GLAD (Furious)
#If it was for me, you'll end in ashes, or in pieces. I don't care. But this pathetic people needs this.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_SORRY (Friendly)
#I won't help you with this, [leadername], but if you're up for some destruction, just ring me.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_SORRY (Pleased-Annoyed)
#No. Now go or you'll end partying with crows and worms.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_SORRY (Furious)
#The only thing I will give you free is Armageddon. NOW RUN RUN BEFORE YOU'RE WELL DONE!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_TRY_THIS_DEAL
#Yes yes, whatever. Are you done? What about this?
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_OFFER_PEACE
#If it was for me I would continue until the end of time. But this nation of fools has run out of clowns. Let's take a rest, for now.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_JOIN_WAR
#[leadername] JOIN ME IN THIS SPREE OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AGAINST [civilization]! DIE FOR ME! You're going to die anyway!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_JOIN_WAR_DENIED
#You'll end drop dead then, fool.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_DEAL (Friendly)
#I won't help you with this, [leadername], but if you're up for some destruction, just ring me.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_DEAL (Furious)
# No. Now go or you'll end partying with crows and worms.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_THANKS
#That's good, I guess. I would've asked you to die, but that's enough for now.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_TRIBUTE (Stronger)
#Give me this, [leadername], or you'll be the first stair in my rise to Armageddon!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_TRIBUTE (Equal)
#Give me this, give me that, or you're A GONER!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_TRIBUTE (Weaker)
#Now, wouldn't you help ol'psycho Zappalo?
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_REJECTED (Stronger)
#PATHETHIC FOOL! YOU JUST WROTE YOUR EPITHAPH!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_REJECTED (Equal)
#SOONER OR LATER I'LL MAKE YOU GO BYE-BYE!
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_DEMAND_REJECTED (Weaker)
#NO?! It doesn't matter, none of this matters then! NOT EVEN YOUR LIFE!

When killed:
Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? Where do they....go.....? To...the...brilliant...Armageddon...

Terentius Ferius

Emergent
Defender, Disciplined (Eligible unit types gain Drill 1 & 2)

Possible Leaderheads
http://forge-t.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Paladin-109861980
http://atomhawk.deviantart.com/art/Ready-For-Battle-143473066
http://dirtyandbroken.deviantart.com/art/undead-commander-130948578
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Archer-97011062
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Warrior-2-140781232
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Arkus-Deadrun-101693744 *LIKE BEST*
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/undead-84087521
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Paag-93716100

Working on the back story. Haven't written it a way I like, basically one of the Bannor who were dragged into hell and when he made it out he feared death, so he acccepted the Emperor's Gift.

Religious Breakdown/ AI:
Spoiler :
Ashen Veil: Hates it
Council of Esus: somewhat fond
Fellowship of Leaves: Indifferent
Runes of Kilmorph: Indifferent
Order: Very fond of it.
Empyrean: somewhat fond
Octopus Overlords: Indifferent
Emperor's Cult (Once Cults are implemented): Loves it.
The Emperor gave him a new life, and he was once a Bannor so he still tends toward the Order, he also feels a pull toward Esus, as he is a patron of the Scions (sort of). His time in hell has generated an intense hate in the Ashen Veil. He likes to build up forces steadily and crush his enemies with overwhelming force applied to a small point while using the rest of his forces in a generalized defense. Is is not generally warlike, but he will not be pushed around.

Diplo text:
Spoiler :
#It seems the only way you will accept the Gift is by force.
#[leadername], it would seem that you take me and my people for weak fools, step over my borders and confirm it.
#The Scions need protection I can not provide, perhaps you would aid me in this endeavor.
#I wondered when I would find another worthy of respect, perhaps you would number among the great and join the Reborn?
#You tongue reminds me of the cackling harpies of hell, leave me.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_PEACE
#Good now maybe I can see to an actual threat.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_PEACE
#I will see you Reborn or I will see you in Hell!
#[leadername], I hadn't expected you today, would you care for some of the dishes of the haunted lands?
#Ah, if it isn't [leadername], would you like to talk in the drill square, I have some troops to review.
#[leadername], get to it, I have soldiers to prepare.
# I think if you didn't flap your mouth so much you wouldn't know where to put your food. Yes, I think you're a moron.
#Make it quick, I have troop deployments to see too.
#I see your point, accepted.
#If I did not think you were still useful...
#Unfortunately, no.
#I thought it couldn't get any worse than Agares realm, then I met you.
#My friend, in order for a more secure realm, I think you should have this.
#That's reasonable, I suppose. Very well. Anything else?
#I console myself that one day you'll be in hell while I'll be enjoying the fruits of the Gift.
#I truly wish I had the rescources to devote, but I do not.
#I can not give you that, perhaps the Gift?
#Ha ha ha, oh that's hilarious, now get out before I have you drawn and quartered.
#I have a better idea.
#This diversion has gone on too long, shall we move on to more important matters.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_JOIN_WAR
#[civilization]disturbs our mutual safety, would you care to aid me in the endeavor to convince them of the error of their ways? Or lacking that help me send them to Hell?
#I see, do not think this poor strategic descision will go unnoticed.
# I can not allow that [leadername], I have other objectives.
# Remove yourself before I use you to fertilize the haunted lands.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_THANKS
#Thank you, truly.
#You have something my people require, you know the price for refusal.
#Help us now and perhaps we can help you later.
#Might I ask a gift of you, to strengthen my people and improve the relationship between you and I.
#Just step one foot across our borders, and you will see the error of your ways.
#Really, demanding that of me? If I wasn't so forgiving I might be angry, but I'm too kind and nice, lax on discipline, a complete pacifist... Wait, I'm describing someone else, I'm none of those things.
#I'll take it under advisement... After some thought, no.

When killed:
All things must end, even the eternal dead. I've been to hell once before, see you soon.

Hi, where do you get this images from? They look awesome.

Greetings:

Makarius

Everywhere. :lol: Lots of hunting through the internet for them, which can be rather timeconsuming. Most of them were not found by myself, though, so I don't have a list of sources unfortunately.

Terentius Ferius

Emergent
Defender, Disciplined (Eligible unit types gain Drill 1 & 2)

Possible Leaderheads
http://forge-t.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Paladin-109861980
http://atomhawk.deviantart.com/art/Ready-For-Battle-143473066
http://dirtyandbroken.deviantart.com/art/undead-commander-130948578
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Archer-97011062
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Undead-Warrior-2-140781232
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Arkus-Deadrun-101693744 *LIKE BEST*
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/undead-84087521
http://erenarik.deviantart.com/art/Paag-93716100

Working on the back story. Haven't written it a way I like, basically one of the Bannor who were dragged into hell and when he made it out he feared death, so he accepted the Emperor's Gift.

Religious Breakdown/ AI:
Spoiler :
Ashen Veil: Hates it
Council of Esus: somewhat fond
Fellowship of Leaves: Indifferent
Runes of Kilmorph: Indifferent
Order: Very fond of it.
Empyrean: somewhat fond
Octopus Overlords: Indifferent
Emperor's Cult (Once Cults are implemented): Loves it.
The Emperor gave him a new life, and he was once a Bannor so he still tends toward the Order, he also feels a pull toward Esus, as he is a patron of the Scions (sort of). His time in hell has generated an intense hate in the Ashen Veil. He likes to build up forces steadily and crush his enemies with overwhelming force applied to a small point while using the rest of his forces in a generalized defense. Is is not generally warlike, but he will not be pushed around.

Diplo text:
Spoiler :
#It seems the only way you will accept the Gift is by force.
#[leadername], it would seem that you take me and my people for weak fools, step over my borders and confirm it.
#The Scions need protection I can not provide, perhaps you would aid me in this endeavor.
#I wondered when I would find another worthy of respect, perhaps you would number among the great and join the Reborn?
#You tongue reminds me of the cackling harpies of hell, leave me.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_PEACE
#Good now maybe I can see to an actual threat.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_NO_PEACE
#I will see you Reborn or I will see you in Hell!
#[leadername], I hadn't expected you today, would you care for some of the dishes of the haunted lands?
#Ah, if it isn't [leadername], would you like to talk in the drill square, I have some troops to review.
#[leadername], get to it, I have soldiers to prepare.
# I think if you didn't flap your mouth so much you wouldn't know where to put your food. Yes, I think you're a moron.
#Make it quick, I have troop deployments to see too.
#I see your point, accepted.
#If I did not think you were still useful...
#Unfortunately, no.
#I thought it couldn't get any worse than Agares realm, then I met you.
#My friend, in order for a more secure realm, I think you should have this.
#That's reasonable, I suppose. Very well. Anything else?
#I console myself that one day you'll be in hell while I'll be enjoying the fruits of the Gift.
#I truly wish I had the rescources to devote, but I do not.
#I can not give you that, perhaps the Gift?
#Ha ha ha, oh that's hilarious, now get out before I have you drawn and quartered.
#I have a better idea.
#This diversion has gone on too long, shall we move on to more important matters.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_JOIN_WAR
#[civilization]disturbs our mutual safety, would you care to aid me in the endeavor to convince them of the error of their ways? Or lacking that help me send them to Hell?
#I see, do not think this poor strategic descision will go unnoticed.
# I can not allow that [leadername], I have other objectives.
# Remove yourself before I use you to fertilize the haunted lands.
AI_DIPLOCOMMENT_THANKS
#Thank you, truly.
#You have something my people require, you know the price for refusal.
#Help us now and perhaps we can help you later.
#Might I ask a gift of you, to strengthen my people and improve the relationship between you and I.
#Just step one foot across our borders, and you will see the error of your ways.
#Really, demanding that of me? If I wasn't so forgiving I might be angry, but I'm too kind and nice, lax on discipline, a complete pacifist... Wait, I'm describing someone else, I'm none of those things.
#I'll take it under advisement... After some thought, no.

When killed:
All things must end, even the eternal dead. I've been to hell once before, see you soon.

Hmm.... I like it. Big part of that is there's only one Scion leader with religions; This would be a second, so he'd get the same buildings as Korrina, including the Emperor as a hero.

On the art: The one you marked 'Like Best' is my favorite too. ;)

There's a Dovielllo leader based on Peter Kropotkin (Russian Anarchist, came up with an alternative theory of evolution based on cooperation rather than competition) in the Art and Lore thread. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8796545&postcount=104

I like the background, but there's no art/AI/Religious Pref for him, and I frankly don't have time to go hunting for art at the moment. ;)

Top Bottom