Mirror World

magus77

Sephiroth
There are four versions of this map:

Standard with 16 rings (56 x 56)
Small with 9 rings (42 x 42)
Tiny with 4 rings (28 x 28)
Single-Ring with 1 ring (16 x 16)
(All of them have both X and Y wrapping)

Both grassland and hills can have every resource. No cities can be built on hills and mountains are impassable (the roads on mountains are there to get the gold resource). Each map is for 4 players only, making them great maps for multiplayer games (fast and easy to play).

If you want to make your own version with more rings, add 14 x 14 to the original standard size of the map for every ring you want more in width and length. (Just be sure to give me credit for the idea).

***UPDATE***
Version 2.5 is here. The terrains have been changed in means of pollution effect (none to keep the terrain the same), worker job (none to keep the terrain the same), and the food (F), shields (S), and commerce (C). Here are the new statistics:
Grassland: 2F, 2S, 2C
Hills: 1F, 1S, 3C
Flood Plain: 3F, 1S, 1C
Mountains: 1F, 3S, 1C

This was all done to speed up city growth and for some cities to not stop at 2.

Remember the desert squares with the goody hut and the oasis in the middle of the rings? All of that is the same except that it is a flood plain because there is a river encircling it (more food + river = appealing to enemies + struggle for island).
***UPDATE***

See the scenario description for a "fantasy" explanation.

This is a mod "made" for seafaring civilizations.

Attachments

• Mirror World.zip
    131.7 KB · Views: 274
Here is a screenshot of the single ring Mirror World.

Attachments

• Tiny Map.jpg
    Tiny Map.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 809
stop making maps!

These are the strangest maps - make a huge such, and the player will be completely lost :lol:

Strange, I thought I'd find a mirror of earth -map here (you know, west and east flipped) :)

I changed the size names (as you may notice on the first four posts) thus allowing me to make one extra map. The "new" standard map (56 x 56) will probably be done tommorow, then about a week for the 70 x 70 large, and then finally soon after will be the final 84 x 84 huge. Any bigger size won't be made by me (feel free to make your own, but try to get them in bigger sizes and exactly the same layout, and I will include them in the zip).

BTW aaglo, the idea for the earth map was cool. Maybe ask some earth-map-maker to do it by taking a picture of a map (maybe of their own world map), inverting in a paint program, and working from that.

Great job! :goodjob:

I think these maps are the perfect maps for quick multiplayer games

I think it's a pretty nice effort too, magus77. :)

aaglo said:
These are the strangest maps - make a huge such, and the player will be completely lost :lol:

Strange, I thought I'd find a mirror of earth -map here (you know, west and east flipped) :)
Now there's a cool idea! I've done one type of 'mirrored earth' before, with the sea and land flipped... but I never thought of doing an east/west flip before! Thanks for the idea! :goodjob: And maybe later I can do a north/south flipped earth!!! :eek: :crazyeye: :lol:

I updated the first post with a new file, so check it out. I haven't had the time to even start large one (70 x 70). After I finish that, I will complete the huge one (84 x 84), and after that, I will start a new series of maps in this thread called "Inverted Mirror World. It's basically going to be an inside-out version of the map (water becomes land, land becomes water) and it will have the same rules. If anybody wants to, they can post their ideas for how the inverted maps will look.

Top Bottom