Miscellaneous Graphics Thread

If you'd be so kind. :yeah: There are plenty of period sets but very little viable cultural flavour in the modern era.

I agree, and I have just the fix to that. Have a look at these photos...

Attachments

• 8.png
    8.png
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • c0004987_21475557.jpg
    c0004987_21475557.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ V - Asian Industrial Concept Art.jpg
    Civ V - Asian Industrial Concept Art.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 23
  • img234.jpg
    img234.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 28
@Matsuda123 I had a look at that second photo and it comes from a 1936 industrial expo held in Yokkaichi. More pictures here: https://ameblo.jp/ncraft/entry-12479765129.html

The expo also in addition to promoting industry had pavilions about “national defense consciousness” and promoting Buddhist religious values. Don’t think too hard on that one. :lol:

Anyway, the building you posted is the Aichi-Nagoya building, and you can see half-fish, half-tiger creatures inspired by Nagoya Castle on top of the building.

@Matsuda123 I had a look at that second photo and it comes from a 1936 industrial expo held in Yokkaichi. More pictures here: https://ameblo.jp/ncraft/entry-12479765129.html

The expo also in addition to promoting industry had pavilions about “national defense consciousness” and promoting Buddhist religious values. Don’t think too hard on that one. :lol:

Anyway, the building you posted is the Aichi-Nagoya building, and you can see half-fish, half-tiger creatures inspired by Nagoya Castle on top of the building.
Yes, that's correct. Took an eternity to find that photo, but my dedication to seeking out these architectural beauties is strong. It is reference material to help me develop a project that will be with me throughout my life, and in turn this project will be used partially with Civ modding and art creation.

The Expo provided many great reference photos, among other sources.

I still intend on making those pixel art graphics of Asian Industrial era and beyond cities by the way. I'm drawing them first of course

Historic Civ2 Flags.png

Just a few historic flags and shields:
Grand Union Flag (1775-1777): Famously the flag of the Continental Army and Navy in their early incarnations, along with also being the flag that was brought across the Delaware.
Free France: Apparently there were variants with the Cross of Lorraine being black as opposed to red. That variant was also seen in the British TV Series "SAS: Rogue Heroes"
Rhodesia (1968-1979)
Southern Rhodesia & UDI Rhodesia (1964-1968)
Irish Green Ensign: Though there appears little evidence this flag ever existed, it did get published in quite a few 19th Century texts on flags.

Last edited:
Top Bottom