Missiles and Rebasing

PsiCorps

FF: Babylon 5 mod team
Hi all
I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to remove the rebasing ability for missiles. So far i've not found anything that governs this. Is it even possible to stop them rebasing.
I'm happy enough for Fighters/Squadrons to rebase but missiles being what they are are not piloted and so to my way of thinking shouldn't be allowed to rebase.
Within the B5 mod i want to have missiles be transported by either Military Transport class vehicles or loaded onto Military Units for use in combat.
Again, i'm happy enough with missiles being produced by starbases although part of me would also like to see starbases building Fighters/Squadrons, i digress now.

Is there some way of deactivating/removing the rebase ability for Missiles?

There doesn't seem to be any way to completely remove rebasing without DLL modifications. However...

In regular BtS missiles can't rebase to the missile cruisers or submarines, only to cities. Fighters can rebase to carriers as well as cities. In FF, and FF+, both can rebase directly onto the units that carry them. What controls this is the "special unit" type data. In CIV4SpecialUnitInfos.xml there is a tag bCityLoad that causes this behavior - in BtS it is set to 1 for missiles and 0 for fighters. In FF+ it is set to 0 for both. So if you set it to 1 for missiles you can at least prevent them from being rebased directly to the carrying units, forcing the unit to go to a city (or starbase) to reload.

There doesn't seem to be any way to completely remove rebasing without DLL modifications. However...

In regular BtS missiles can't rebase to the missile cruisers or submarines, only to cities. Fighters can rebase to carriers as well as cities. In FF, and FF+, both can rebase directly onto the units that carry them. What controls this is the "special unit" type data. In CIV4SpecialUnitInfos.xml there is a tag bCityLoad that causes this behavior - in BtS it is set to 1 for missiles and 0 for fighters. In FF+ it is set to 0 for both. So if you set it to 1 for missiles you can at least prevent them from being rebased directly to the carrying units, forcing the unit to go to a city (or starbase) to reload.
That's excellent God-Emperor, almost exactly what i wanted. It'll do for now and at least give me a bit of what i wanted to do.

Top Bottom