Missing Civilizations

Tunch Khan said:
Thanks for the suggestions. Do you have any info on the Babylonian flag you are describing? It's known that they didn't have flags back then, but perhaps some royal symbols inscripted somewhere?

The lions were all over Babylon's Ishtar gate, Here's one picture. http://www.atlastours.net/iraq/babylon_relief.jpg They seemed to be the best symbols for Babylon, as far as I could tell.

CrazyMrLeo said:
The lions were all over Babylon's Ishtar gate, Here's one picture. http://www.atlastours.net/iraq/babylon_relief.jpg They seemed to be the best symbols for Babylon, as far as I could tell.
You are right, I think lions must have symbolized the royal power and such. I've seen more lions than any other symbol anyway.

I would really like to see the Iroquois added. I don't have a lot of time right now to compose a full proposal for them, so I'll just link to the Wikipedia article on them. There is a lot of historical info there and a picture of their "modern flag"

Leaders could be "Deganawidah," also known as "The Great Leader" and the other leader could be Hiawatha. They were the two founders of the Iroquois Confederacy.

Anyhow, here's the link.

After I get the game, I'll look into how hard it'll be to add them. If anyone has any suggestions as to things like city names and great people and such, I'd love to hear it.

Civilization : the Iroquois

Leader : Deganawidah, Hiawatha

Capital : Kanadaseagea

Flag : Iroquois stylized banner on purple

Starting Techs :

Great Scientists :

Great Merchants : Waraghiyaghey, Thayendanega

Great Prophets : Catherine Tekawitha, Neolin

Great Artists :

Great Engineers :

Unique Unit :

Cities :

Kanadaseagea
Little Beard's Town
Tionontogeh
Onienda Castle
Ganegahaga
Fort Onondaga
Chondote
Cayuga Castle
Canaseraga
Fort Niagara
Allegheny
Oquaga
Chemung
Tioga
Schenectady
Buffalo Creek
Buck Tooth
Caughnawaga
Kanesatake
Grand River
Oswegatchie
Canajoharie
Gandasetaigon
Ganogeh
Gayagaanhe
Gewauga
Kawauka
Kente
Kiohero
Neodakheat
Oiogouen
Oneniote
Onnontare
Owego
Skannayutenate
Canastigaone
Canienga
Caughnawaga
Churchtononeda
Kanagaro
Kowogoconnughariegugharie
Nowadaga
Onekagoncka
Onoalagona
Oquaga
Osquake
Saratoga
Schaunactada
Schoharie
Teatontaloga
Tewanondadon
Tionnontoguen
Unadilla
Awegen
Cahunghage
Canowaroghere
Canowdowsa
Chittenango
Cowassalon
Ganadoga
Hostayuntwa
Oneida
Opolopong
Oriska
Ossewingo
Ostogeron
Schoherage
Sevege
Tuscarora
Solocka
Tegasoke
Teseroken
Tetosweken
Tkanetota
Tolungowon
Ahaouet
Deseroken
Gadoquat
Gannentaha
Gistwiahna
Kanatakowa
Onondaghara
Onondahgegahgeh
Onontatacet
Otiahanague
Teionontatases
Tgasunto
Touenho
Tueadasso
Buckaloon
Canadasaga
Caneadea
Catherine's Town
Cattaraugus
Cheronderoga
Condawhaw
Connewango
Cussewago
Dayoitgao
Deonundagae
Deyodeshot
Deyohnegano
Deyonongdadagana
Deyosyowan
Gaandowanang
Gadaho
Gahato
Gahayanduk
Ganagweh
Ganawagus
Ganeasos
Ganedontwan
Ganos
Ganosgagong
Gaonsagaon
Gaousge
Gaskosada
Gathtsegwarohare
Geneseo
Gistaquat
Gwaugweh
Honeoye
Jennesedaga
Joneadih
Kahesarahera
Kanaghsaws
Kannassarago
Kashong
Kaskonchiagon
Kaygen
Keinthe
Middle Town
New Chemung
Newtown
Nondas
Oatka
Old Chemung
Onnahee
Onoghsadago
Onondarka
Owaiski
Skahasegao
Skoiyase
Sonojowauga
Tekisedaneyout
Tioniongarunte
Tonawanda
Totiakton
Yorkjough
Yoroonwago
Shawiangto

Civilization : Poland

Leader : #1 Kazimierz Wielki (Casimir The Great)
-Industrialist
-Scientific
#2 Jozef Pilsudski (Joseph Pilsudski)
-Militaristic
-Expansionist

Capital : Krakow or Warszawa

Flag : Should be the national Symbol (A crowned white eagle on a red shield)

Great Scientists : Marja Sklodowska-Curie

Great Merchants :

Great Prophets : Karol Wojtyla (Pope John Paul II)

Great Artists : Jan Matejko

Great Engineers : Tadeusz Sendzimir

Unique Unit : Polish Hussaria (sidenote: Wings are attached to the horse not the rider)

Cities :

Gniezno
Krakow (if not the Capital)

I will fill you in more tomorrow that is if I won't be too busy with my brand spanking new Civ IV game ;)

hey what about Ethiopia, they were always one of the more powerful african nations, and would fill out africa nicely. Egypt, Carthage, Mali, Ethiopia and Zulu, make that continent feal nice and full. Trust me, I did it in Civ 3. It's a great use of space. On a world map, what is really needed (aside from civ 3 civs left out of civ 4, besides some of the repetative ones) are Siam, Ethiopia, Polynesia(though I have a feeling that the new barbarians could adequately fill the space on a world map), somethign with Australia, Something in Canada, Navajo(or Anasazi, Hopi ect. to fill out the SW US), Cherokee maybe, and something around north of the black and caspine seas to buffer the Russians and Mongols. Tartars perhaps?

SoCalian said:
hey what about Ethiopia, they were always one of the more powerful african nations, and would fill out africa nicely. Egypt, Carthage, Mali, Ethiopia and Zulu, make that continent feal nice and full. Trust me, I did it in Civ 3. It's a great use of space. On a world map, what is really needed (aside from civ 3 civs left out of civ 4, besides some of the repetative ones) are Siam, Ethiopia, Polynesia(though I have a feeling that the new barbarians could adequately fill the space on a world map), somethign with Australia, Something in Canada, Navajo(or Anasazi, Hopi ect. to fill out the SW US), Cherokee maybe, and something around north of the black and caspine seas to buffer the Russians and Mongols. Tartars perhaps?
I will get to Ethiopia as that is one of my favorites. I need to polish some of the previous posts before. I want their ancient name: Abyssinia.

varwnos said:
I expected to see Chopin as the polish great artist :)
Kiwusek is currently handling Poland, but if he gets too busy with Civ IV, i might give him a hand.. ;)

I spent the whole night on Iroquois history reading many [long] articles. It's surprising that they get so little attention than they actually deserve in North American history. I am pretty sure the city names are pretty accurate and in order of historical importance, but please let me know if you have alternate ideas.

Very interesting topic, but it seems as Beowulf is the name of a fictional carachter. I don't know how many great people are actually needed in Civ IV, but this one looks like a fun addition. It would have been great if we knew the author, which we could name under great artists also. But why do you think he needs to be among great prophets?
He seems to have a reallife counterpart from what I've read, although it's all pretty much speculation for obvious reasons. The writer is unknown and the manuscript ended up in England. Making Beowulf an artist didn't seem quite right, plus there are so many already... Beowulf - a prophet spreading the Norse culture just seemed more fitting :), but it doesn't really matter, there might be other great people too that I've misplaced.

Civilization : : Austria-(Hungary)

Leader : Franz-Josef
-Creative
-Expansionist

Capital : Vienna
Flag : Double Headed Eagle. See Google

Great Scientists : Siegmund Freud, Christian Doppler, Wolfgang Pauli, Erwin Schrödinger, Gregor Mendel

Great Merchants : Frank Stronach, Didi Mateschitz

Great Prophets :
Great Artists : W.A. Mozart, Johann Strauss, Joseph Haydn, Franz Schubert, Franz Kafka, Johann Nestroy, Ludwig Wittgenstein, Arnold Schwarzenegger :p
Great Engineers : Fredinand Porsche, Viktor Kaplan, Johann Bernhard Fischer von Erlach

Unique Unit : Hussar
Cities :

Salzburg
Graz
Budapest
Prague
Lemberg
Brno
Triest
Lubijana
Linz
Innsbruck

GanJ0rm0n said:
Great Merchant: Didi Mateschitz

I would certainly NOT include that *******, I mean, he's alive and although he had quite some success, he also destroyed a lot of Austria on his way...

Otherwise, you're list is quite good, but putting Hungary only into brackets is somehow... well ... not ignorant nor arrogant, but just a little bit too Austria-friendly... :)

Greetings from the neighbour,

mitsho

I think by putting Hungary in bracelets GanJ0rm0n was suggesting an option to include the civilization either as Austria or as Habsburg Empire of Austria and Hungary. That is my interpretation of course. For those who post a new civilization; please try to add as many details as you can, whenever you get a chance by EDITING your original posting. You can add great people or new city names etc.

Tunch Khan said:
Leader : Osman Gazi, Suleyman the Magnificent, Mustafa Kemal

Capital : Istanbul

Flag : White crescent and star on red

Great Scientists : Molla Fenari, Ali Kuscu, Kadizade Rumi, Ibn-i Sina, Imam Gazali, Mahmud Sipahizade, Molla Lutfi, Mirim Celebi, Nasuh Matraki

Great Merchants : Ali Ekber (first Ottoman merchant to China), Seyfi Celebi, Ibrahim al-Tokadi, Seydi Ali Reis, Lutfi Celebi, Sakip Sabanci, Vehbi Koc, Nejat Eczacibasi

Great Prophets : Mevlana Celaleddin Rumi, Yunus Emre, Haci Bektas Veli, Pir Sultan Abdal, Hoca Ahmet Yesevi, Sheyh Bedreddin, Nasreddin Hoca (folkloric philosopher), Said-i Nursi (controversial spiritual person with significant number of followers), Asik Veysel

Great Artists : Dede Korkut, Omer Khayyam, Fuzuli, Evliya Celebi, Dede Efendi, Sinasi, Namik Kemal, Tevfik Fikret, Osman Hamdi Bey, Halide Edip Adivar, Nazim Hikmet, Orhan Veli Kanik, Yasar Kemal, Munir Nurettin Selcuk

Great Engineers : Mimar Sinan, Hezarfen Celebi, Piri Reis, Ibrahim Muteferrika, Mehmed Said Efendi, Cezayirli Gazi Hasan Pasa, Cezayirli Seyyid Hasan, Yanyali Hoca Ishak, Kirkor Amira Balian

Unique Unit : Janissary, Sipahi

Cities :

Istanbul
Edrine
Bursa
Iznik
Uskudar
Izmit
Manisa
Aydin
Antalya
Konya
Adana
Sinop
Ankara
Kutahya
Balikesir
Eskisehir
Trabzon
Sivas
Kayseri
Karaman
Afyon
Uskup
Canakkale
Karahisar
Manastir
Silistre
Kavala
Kalkandelen
Mugla
Denizli
Bolu
Pristine
Saraybosna
Urfa
Diyarbakir
Erzurum
Antep
Maras
Bingol
Erzincan
Rize
Zonguldak
Dobruca
Sivastopol
Kirklareli
Samsun
Burgaz
Varna
Ruscuk
Tekirdag
Cankiri
Kastamonu
Bitlis
Mardin
Van
Milas
Kars
Ardahan
Beyazid
Nusaybin
Kerkuk
Suhumkale
Derbend
Yenikale
Batum
Baku
Iskece
Yozgat
Tunceli
Akhisar
Kirikkale
Iskenderun

Ibn Sina and Omar-e Khayyam, were absolutely no Ottomans.

They both lived under various Turkish governments and their art and sience flourished in such an environment. I would not oppose if Persians claimed them as well, but they have definately become a part of Turkish culture due to their contributions and impact. If they are not already included in the game yet under Persians, then they will definately be placed in my mod as they are both Great People.

Civilization : Canada

Leader : William Lyon Mackenzie King
Pierre Trudeau

Capital : Ottowa
Flag : base red flag with a white square in its centre, featuring a red stylized 11-pointed maple leaf.

Great Scientists :Maude Abbott, Wilder Penfield, Hugh Le Caine, Gerald Hefferman, E.W.R. Steace, Frederick Banting

Great Merchants : Ken Thomson, Galen Weston, Jeff Skoll, John Irving

Great Prophets :

Great Artists : Pamela Anderson, Mike Myers, David Foley, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, William Shatner

Great Engineers : Reginald A. Fessenden, Sir Sanford Fleming, Elijah McCoy

Unique Unit : Mountie
Cities :

Toronto
Montréal
Vancouver
Ontario
Edmonton
Calgary
Quebéc
Winnipeg
Hamilton
London
Kitchener
St Catharines-Niagara
Halifax
Victoria
Windsor

Nice job TheBladeRoden. But i'm sure you can do better than that when it comes to city names :). Care to add a little more?

Top Bottom