MMORPG advice

WoW also has a series of popular RTS games and a number of eyars of lore behind it.

And a WoW movie... I think I can hear it flopping aronud already.

Although it mgiht be better than those WoW cids my friend keeps linking me too, still is trying to get me to join.

MMORPGs do not interest me very much. Too much grinding in almost all of them.

The best mmorpg I've found is Battlemaster, and that's all text except for the maps and a browser game. So suck that Wow. Beaten by a free, text, browser game.

PvE people will be slower to leave. They tend to be the group that like to show off their cool sword they got from some raid no one but themselves cares to hear about. They have an unusual "intimacy" we'll call it, with their charactors. They are the ones that refuse to go to another game because "then it will be like they wasted all this time on this charactor" whatever that means.

I myself am one of those people who you say have an "unusual intimacy" with their characters, as I'm heavily into the PvE side of WoW. I raid because I like seeing the content, shiny gear is simply a side benefit. :)

I don't see myself leaving WoW for any other games yet either. I've made alot of friends there, and am enjoying playing with them and beating new content. :)

I myself am one of those people who you say have an "unusual intimacy" with their characters, as I'm heavily into the PvE side of WoW. I raid because I like seeing the content, shiny gear is simply a side benefit. :)

I don't see myself leaving WoW for any other games yet either. I've made alot of friends there, and am enjoying playing with them and beating new content. :)

Just to clarify I do not mean "unusual intimacy" in a form of mocking. I used to prefer PvE teaming and such more than I do now. However, most people I know that enjoy PvP, including myself are willing to delete charactors at the drop of a hat if it means more PvP time by doing so. (Level restrictions or what have you. I won't just delete a charactor and start fresh for no reason.) However, a PvE'er likes the feeling of achievement behind their level. Thus, are less likely to delete or abandon a toon.

Most PvP'ers will delete or abandon the entire game if it means more PvP. And I am sure a PvE'er would also delete or abandon if it meant more PvE. However, most games on the market try to cater more to the PvE side then the PvP side.

Warhammer has me interested because of the fact that you can level your entire charactor up through pvp if desired supposedly. :D

FPS don't have class sytems. Or leveling/skill systems. PvP'ers (or at least me) enjoy building a charactor too. It's just that we build for entirely different purposes. It's the most fun when a pvp toon is building similar to a PvE person. As in, all weapons are equally slated. You dont have to go camp something to get a good pvp weapon. Which alot of games like to do for some reason. Good pvp comes in when a newb could kill you.

It's fun to gank people too. And I don't mean gank unsuspecting PvE'ers. That's only good for a chuckle, but not worth any "real PvP'ers" time. It's kinda hard to put into words, but basically, you want to seek out enemies on that server. Or "worthy opponents". When me and my friend join warhammer, we will probably go destruction. We will keep our ears open for "good PvP Order Guilds" and kill any member of that guild on sight. Or die trying. But the point is to make them know who you are. Cause enough trouble and they will remember your name. That's our method anyways. Warhammer may be different with its realm system. We will see when that bridge comes. This also helps you learn 'tricks' to pvp in that games combat system. Not exploits but golden rules. which classes need more attention and such. Why a mage is so dangerous, etc. Practice, practice, practice.

It's the spontaneity I love. To be out hunting with your mates, and run into "the enemy" who will eventually, also attack you on sight. You still do quests and the normal junk but now you have opponents that will kill you on site. Or that you kill on sight. Killing mobs is predictable in an RPG. Sort of like how you can predict AI behavior in a game of civ. But when you add in other player civs with AI ones.... maybe a bad example. What if Halo had story line mobs running around in a multi-player game? That's a pretty good analogy. Then throw in the fact that you can level, and customize your shooter.

Sometimes you log in just to see how much trouble you can cause for the enemy for a couple hours. Frag games are cool but are sort of empty. It's better when the PvP means something. I am curious to see how taking over enemy cities in warhammer is going to work.

Deus Ex beats the crap out of any MMORPGs with the exception of Guild Wars and EVE online.

@Flevance: That sounds like fun. Some FPS games don't have any real landmarkable ahievements. Though TF2 has achievements to complete, BF series has a ranknig system.

But also in FPS games a newb can kill ANYONE.

WoW can be fun, but most people consider it to be an only PROS game. Play on private servers, there's the fun.

SW: Galaxies is BEAUTIFUL, the best game for a Star Wars fan.

I heard something about "The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy Online" and I can't imagine what kind of game will it be.

I played Bulfleet for a while... Kinda fun, you may like it. It's free.

WoW can be fun, but most people consider it to be an only PROS game. Play on private servers, there's the fun.

lol? I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, as I know plenty of people who definitely aren't "pros", they simply play because they enjoy it.

@Flevance: That sounds like fun. Some FPS games don't have any real landmarkable ahievements. Though TF2 has achievements to complete, BF series has a ranknig system.

But also in FPS games a newb can kill ANYONE.

True FPS's have the most balanced pvp system ever! :) Although knowledge of the map is a pretty large advantage vs. me. I do alot of stupid stuff when I don't know the map. Like you will see me standing on a cliff just looking around to get a good perspectve or something then, BLAM! headshot and I die. lol.

I want to try out BF 2142 and a few others though like front lines. CoD 4 looks sweet. Another cool thing about MMOs tho is that if you get in a guild, you can just log in and "join in" instead of having to get everyone together and such. With an MMO you can log in and run with the same people.

"Hello Boys" special attack

Honestly, I found EVE Online to be particularly boring.

There's more to EVE Online than just mining. You could be a-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Being a pirate is much more fun. Not to mention the Carrier class, always wanted to command one :love:

Top Bottom