1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile gaming

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by civvver, Apr 24, 2014.

1. civvver

civvver Deity

I just got an iPhone 5s after having a work issued blackberry for years. So now I'm considering the possibilities of mobile games that I had never given much thought to before. In general are there any iOS games anyone strongly recommends? I know ace patrol is available and I did a final fantasy search and found a ton of those but they are pricey.

2. Maniacal

Maniacal the green Napoleon

Bard's Tale, Ridiculous Fishing, Game Dev Story (not a lot to it, but its fun for a while), Catan, Carcassone, Condado (fan make of Puerto Rico, and its free), other boardgames, and possible a bunch of others I have gotten in a couple of Humble Bundles. I also highly recommend installing Amazon's Appstore because they have a free app every day, usually its crap but once in a while they put up a good game like Carcassone.

I assume those are all available for iOS, I have an Android, because its cheaper and mostly better.

3. Rub'Rum

Rub'Rum Hates acronyms

King of Dragon Pass. Now.

4. civvver

civvver Deity

Yeah I don't think humble bundles give ios versions, I've got ace patrol for steam. I'll check out king of dragon pass.

I actually have great big war game off steam and will probably get the ios version of that. It's sorta like advance wars I guess (I never played advance wars), very fun, I think it would work well on mobile.

5. Loppan Torkel

Loppan Torkel Deity

I've bought and tried some games for iphone that supposedly are good, but I can't get into them. Gamingwise, handhelds just seem subpar. There's obviously a market for this, but for me it's not a compelling experience.

I'll wait to hear what you think of it.

Games I've played:
    Tiny Wings
    Spelltower
    Little Things
    + some free games I can't remember

6. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

King of Dragon Pass. Also iPad version of Talisman: digital edition comes out tomorrow. :)

7. FriendlyFire

FriendlyFire Codex WMDicanious

Marvel Puzzle Quest

8. civvver

civvver Deity

I got a $30 itunes card for my birthday so ohhh man, got lots of decisions to make now! I saw chrono trigger is in the app store! But it has terrible reviews because the controls and resolution suck apparently. But there's also final fantasy 5, 6 and tactics! AHH! And a zelda windwaker knockoff! And a civ rev type game! too many choices.

9. cramstpuee757

cramstpuee757 Chieftain

Clash of Clans :D bit good :p not really a fan of mobile games

10. Spiralcage

Spiralcage Chieftain

I got an Android phone. Does everyone else have Iphone? Hehe
    :D

I like strategy games the most. Games I am playing or have played recently that I recommend if you like strategy.

Populus Romanus 2: Brit. FREE
    I play as the Romans invading Britain around 50 AD. Maybe I will buy the full version. Haven't decided yet.
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.populusromanus.britannia_free

Strategy Rome in Flames FREE
    Playing as Anglo-saxons invading Britain in around 400 AD. It's a challenge to play. Good AI. I also like the music and sounds in it. Maybe I will buy the full version.
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rexopax.romeinflamesFREE

Slay
    This one costs money. It's really fun but simple to play. Good for playing on a mobile phone which doesn't have a big screen.
    http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windowsgames.slay

11. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

I have an Android, I just put SNES and N64 emulators on it and play games with those.

12. peter grimes

peter grimes ... Retired Moderator

Bumping this thread to talk about Clash of Clans.

I'm hooked on it. I initially started playing because my friend's kid's clan needed more members. But the game sucked me in.

I like the fact that you don't have to spend hours a day playing it to be any good. There is a lot to learn, but you don't have to in order to enjoy yourself (similar to the civ games in that respect).

We just did our first clan war and now I want to join a bigger clan to learn faster. Anyone else play? Anyone up for a CFC clan?

13. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

Come join our clan Peter. We are canned inferno. It is a very nice international group. Many of us have been together for over a year. My user name is Audrey (the 11 year old who stopped playing lol).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk