[MOD] Assimilation

Hey, Im just wondering if I can put this in custom assets and then use Assimilation on another mod.

Sorry, no. You can't put custom dlls in CustomAssets.

Any chance of this becoming a WoC (World of Civilization) module instead? I see this as perfect for some scenarios rather than the full game. Perfect for possible WoC scenarios.

Any chance of this becoming a WoC (World of Civilization) module instead? I see this as perfect for some scenarios rather than the full game. Perfect for possible WoC scenarios.

They are welcome to use it, everything they need to merge this game option is included in the download.

Any chance this could be uploaded as a .zip? I'm on a mac, and on here I build/mess around with mods and play with them whenever I can get on my windows computer. I want to merge this with a mod of mine but I can't open the .exe on here.

Oh,Kael, that's a great idea! I think the assimilation could be made as a leader trait and give the trait to boyking of Kuriotate.

In FfH 0.33 Assimilation has been made into a leader trait, Tolerant, but this was given to the Elohim leaders instead of Cardth Lorda. Kael aknowledged that it thematicaly fit him very well, but thought that it would be horribe with the Sprawling trait. I personally think it would have fit Cardith and maybe also Cassiel much better than either Eionion or Ethne.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that it should be based on which civ has the most culture in the city, not on who built it.

From what I've heard, SDK mods like this will not work on Macs.

In FfH 0.33 Assimilation has been made into a leader trait, Tolerant, but this was given to the Elohim leaders instead of Cardth Lorda. Kael aknowledged that it thematicaly fit him very well, but thought that it would be horribe with the Sprawling trait. I personally think it would have fit Cardith and maybe also Cassiel much better than either Eionion or Ethne.

I'm still strongly of the opinion that it should be based on which civ has the most culture in the city, not on who built it.

From what I've heard, SDK mods like this will not work on Macs.

I think you are right. Sprawling combined with tolerant can do no good to boyking, and I can't wait to play 2033:lol:

I updated this mod to contain a bunch of new game options form Fall from Heaven that I thought would also work well in the vanilla game. These new options are:

New Game Variant Options:

Flexible Difficulty: With this option selected the difficulty level is checked every 20 turns. If the players rank (by score) is int he top third then the difficulty is increased. If the players score is in the bottom third, then the game difficulty is decreased. This can cause the difficulty level to go anywhere between settler and deity. Single player only.

New Challenge Mode Options:

Barbarian World: The barbarians start the game with a free city for every player in the game.

Final Five: Every 50 turns the lowest ranked player is removed from the game until there are only 5 players remaining.

High to Low: Become the player with the highest score, then you switch to controlling the civilization with the lowest score. Raise that civilization to have the highest score and you will be switched again to civilization with the lowest score. That third civilization will be the one you have to win the game with. Single player only.

Increasing Difficulty: Every 50 turns the difficulty level is increased by 1 until it reaches deity.

Oooh, thanks for this. I saw mention of the challenges in an FFH SG and was very interested in trying them out but intimidated by the FFH learning curve. Having them available in a simple mod like this so they can be used with the "normal" game is most excellent. :D

This is a really cool option and I like the turn based idea of phasing it out. How does the AI work with it? Does the AI use other civ's UUs from that city?

I really like this idea as partially bringing back the unit trade idea. I would love to see the option of at a certain tech you have the option of sending troops away to fight in a foreign war, sort of like what happened in Spain before WWII where you get chances of improvements to units, but also a diplomatic effect and a chance for a full-blown real war.

Assimilation: With this option selected captured cities retain their original build abilities.

I am currently playing a game as the Vikings, using Assimilation. The UB for the vikings is the Trading Post, which is an improved lighthouse (it gives +1 food on sea tiles, and +1 movement to naval units built in that city). Whenever I capture a coastal city from the enemy, I get to build trading posts, AND normal lighthouses! That's three food from *every* sea tile, which is... huge. And I can still build my enemy's UB. Shouldn't it be so I could only build the trading post, i.e. so my civ's UB overrides the normal building it replaces?

Oh and at the end of the war you should have the option of: 1. Renew Contract, 2. Gift Troops to Ally, 3. Bring Troops Home. Also if the unit is more advanced than that Civ's units should it bring about a small science boost or too powerful an idea?

I am currently playing a game as the Vikings, using Assimilation. The UB for the vikings is the Trading Post, which is an improved lighthouse (it gives +1 food on sea tiles, and +1 movement to naval units built in that city). Whenever I capture a coastal city from the enemy, I get to build trading posts, AND normal lighthouses! That's three food from *every* sea tile, which is... huge. And I can still build my enemy's UB. Shouldn't it be so I could only build the trading post, i.e. so my civ's UB overrides the normal building it replaces?

I tried to reproduce this with the Assimilation mod and the only building I can build in the viking cities is trading posts.

I've tried to merge this in with my Star Trek mod and it was mostly successful but the Barbarian World and High to Low options don't work and do nothing. Any ideas on how to get them to work? I'm not sure where the conflicts could possibly be for High to Low but the Barbarian World option may no do well due to the way the Final Frontier map scripts work.

That's a bit odd; Kael basically guided me through the merger of this mod with MOO2Civ with only the Barbarian World option not working.

Yeah, I'm not sure why the High to Low option is not working. Could it have to due with the fact that I tested it at Settler and cheated by giving myself contact with all the other civs so I could see when I got the high score (high score does mean your first in points, right?) or an incompatibility with the change leader functionality from the Revolution mod (I just use it so I can trigger a leader change in python for scenarios)?

Hey, I would like to incorporate the Barbarian world, and only the barbarian world part of this (I think barbarian world would be a good option to include for RevDCM based mods, as you can get all sorts of civilizations springing up from the Barbarian Civ component of Revolutions, and specifically want to provide this option in my mod). Browsed through the source code and was a little confused, it's well commented, but I can't decifer which parts specifically refer to the barbarian world component. Any advice on which specific source code files are relevant to this component (to narrow things down) and key words in the code I should be looking for?

Top Bottom