1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Australian Colonization

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - Mods and Files' started by PiMan, Jan 28, 2009.

1. PiMan

PiMan Chieftain

I do apologise for not keeping up with this. I slacked off during the winter holidays, and I haven't had time since. I will next have a reasonable amount of time after my exams in mid-november. Expect an update by the end of the year, and I'm hoping to make it a big one.

2. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

Sounds interesting. Considering a numbers of events leading up to now, I don't really blame you. :lol: Still, you go at your pace. :)

3. lapens

lapens Chieftain

Cheeky bugger Dale :) If I remember correctly, Melbourne was in fact settled by Taswegians so it is you who should be part of our state!

PiMan: To bring it back to topic, is there a detailed Aussie map in your 'big' update later this year? I was thinking that the perfect map for Aussie colonization would stretch from southern Queensland to the bottom of Tassie, including the east coast and as far inland as say the central-state borders. Without considering scale here, that would provide an interesting playable region that includes most of the early settlement area in Eastern and South-Eastern Australia?

4. PiMan

PiMan Chieftain

I made the mod with the whole of Australia in mind, so if I were to create a map focusing solely on east and south east Australia, then I'd need to change the Aboriginal civ names and city names as well as a few colonial city names. At this stage, the map will be a whole Australia map, with consideration for that later as some sort of mod-modcomp

5. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

I'm sure I know the answer to this, but is there any development at all on the mod nowadays? The Australia doco reminded me of it and I've been compiling new ideas ever since, especially Founding Fathers.