Mod causing WB to crash on map load/new map

rhettrongun

Prince
Worldbuilder was working fine earlier today. I've been troubleshooting a rather large mod with it, and presumably fixed a a big problem concerning disordered UNIT IDs. When I try to use WB with the corrections in place now, I get a crash of somewhat varied look. I attached a screenshot below. The error report is consistent.
Spoiler :
Code:
Application: World Builder
User: Unkown (Not an in-house user.)
Time: Sunday 7/12/2015 7:02:49 PM

Runtime: 32 bit
Machine: 

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
Source: WorldBuilderEngine
Thread: Main Thread
Description: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Stack Trace:
   at FireGrafix.CRenderer9.Render(CRenderer9* , IDirect3DSwapChain9* )
   at RenderWindowManager.Render(RenderWindowManager* , HRenderWindow hRenderWnd)
   at FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControlRendering.Render(UInt32 hRenderWindow)
   at FGXWinformsRendering.FGXControl.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmEraseBkgnd(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Anyone come across this and have an idea of what causes it?

Perhaps there is a more glaring string of bugs in my mod that only became evident after I cleared up the UNIT ID trouble. This happens even if I select "New Map" with it enabled.

Here is the database.log:
Spoiler :
Code:
[2305.632] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[2305.632] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[2310.484] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2316.068] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[2316.068] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[2327.035] 
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6220616		75818480
PageCache:	6		12
LookAside:	0		0
Scratch:	0		1

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	5805912		62913648
Scratch:	0		0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc:		262144
PageCache:	1172
Scratch:	6640

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
------------------------------
[2327.706] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		6221792		75818480
PageCache:	6		12

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	5807088		62913648

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
Current:		6
[2330.374] near "DELETE": syntax error
[2344.539] 
Memory Usage:
		[Cur]		[Max]
Malloc:		9616696		75818480
PageCache:	7		13

Static Buffer Overflows:
		[TooLarge]	[NoSpace]
PageCache:	9171624		62913648

Largest Allocations:

Prepared Statements:
Current:		9

Edit: The game itself will load on a basic/bare map with mod enabled, albeit with a slew of issues. I might try clearing up some of the issues, and then see if that allows WB to work.

Attachments

• wbcrash.PNG
    wbcrash.PNG
    122.3 KB · Views: 118
Code:
[2330.374] near "DELETE": syntax error
This is most likely an indication of a fatal error in loading an SQL file. Unfortunately when an SQL file within a mod fails to load because of code errors you generally seem only to get these really unhelpful messages.

I would assume part of your code is still not loading correctly. You may have 'dangling' or orphaned bits of code that are causing Worldbuilder to fail.

I would verify that the error in Worldbuilder is originating from the mod by dis-abling the mod in the MODS menu, and starting a throw-away game:
  1. turn off the mod in the MODS menu
  2. go forward in the modded game set-up process as if you were starting a new modded game, just without the mod in question active.
  3. Once you get to the "Start Your Journey" point in starting an entirely new game, click it, and then afterward just exit from the game directly to desktop. Don't go back to main menu, exit directly to desktop.
    • This should clear the changes made by your trouble-mod from the game's database, but preserve the changes being made by any other mod(s) you normally run with or intend to use alongside your trouble mod.
  4. look at your database.log file to see if the message quoted above is still there or is gone.
    • if still there, it is a problem in some other mod you are also running.
    • if gone, it is a problem in your mod
  5. Now try to start Worldbuilder and see if you still have troubles with it. Any map that relied on your trouble-mod and that you had partially completed in Worldbuilder may not want to load properly because it would be missing the elements from the mod that appears to be giving you trouble.

Thanks for the help!

I went ahead and did what you suggested, and was able to eliminate this guy
Code:
near "DELETE": syntax error
. The stuff at the top is buried somewhere in the supplement mod. It's useful to know where to start on clearing those items at least.

Looking at this again, I have several out of date files that are likely leading to the WB crash. I don't know what specifically is causing it. I suppose I'll have to resort to some time consuming trial and error.

I don't think my mod was even fully enabled before, as it wouldn't show up as check-marked under the mods menu in WB. As soon as I fixed the unit ID problem, it began showing up as checked, but this was also when the crash appeared.

Top Bottom