[Mod] Civ 6 Improvements Patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Released Mods' started by Xaviarlol, Oct 25, 2016.

1. hungluong

hungluong Chieftain

can you please bring back the + 2 builder charge in some policies? The late game is very tedious if builder only has 3 charges.

Thank you so much. Love your mod!

2. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Found it, thanks a lot again! .. Ya it'll be great to include that in this package as well. :)

3. Xaviarlol

Xaviarlol Warlord

I don't actually have historic versions. If you don't want buildings you can comment out the Buildings.xml file (put <!-- on the first line before any code is written and --> on the last line after the last bit of code.

AI is fully capable of building the new buildings (and does).

Do you find that you need much use of builders at the end? I removed it because I felt like you stopped making builders towards the end and wanted to make the player still build them.

I could either reattach the modifier to a policy, or a building.

4. hungluong

hungluong Chieftain

Yes, I usually play on quick speed to save time so my late game can be standard mid game or marathon early game so in my late game I am still exploring and setttling so builders are still relevant.

Thank you so much for your consideration

5. Tyriss

Tyriss Chieftain

I too was wondering what happened to the +2 builder charge civic.

6. BrokenSky

BrokenSky Warlord

I would like this back. Maybe make colonization have three levels which give +0/1/2 worker charges respectively? I tend to play with the map scale increase mod (I like being able to continue to found cities until the end of the game). Maybe make the settler bonus change over time too somehow?

7. Xaviarlol

Xaviarlol Warlord

New Version (v12)

General - Traderoute duration doubled.
    General - War Weariness from losing amenities reduced slightly.
    General - Doubled Unit upgrade costs so that it is less ridiculous.
    Buildings - New buildings added.
    Policies - readded builder charges bonus to Colonization

8. Znabel15

Znabel15 Viking

I also started to use the mod in order to correct the balance problems and it it brilliant! But I am not really interested in any bigger changes or additions to the vanilla game such as buildings or units etc.
    To be honest I may have to look for alternatives if the changes become too extensive.
    So I would like to ask you if it would it be possible to split the mod so that you can choose if you want the whole package or just the balancing part of it.

9. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

I have also editted half of your mod out because it conflicts with other mods I prefer!

But I do love your work!

10. hungluong

hungluong Chieftain

You forgot to add the description on the PolicyTexts xml so the builder charge effect is not there yet I think. the colonization policy doesnt change builder charge after this update.

11. put1996

put1996 Chieftain

I edit the districtIncreaseCost from 23 to 7 for my preference (since it start to cost more than wonder.)
    However, when I load the save game, I found the district cost to be the same.

Question: does the save game "actually store" the districtProgressionCost everytime I research new tech ???? (WHO DESIGN THIS SYSTEM, It will blow my mind if this is true)

12. BrokenSky

BrokenSky Warlord

One thing which bugs me in the base game is setting spies to counterespionage and having them come back relatively soon asking what to do again. Would it be possible to make it so that counterespionage acts like sleeping, in that it won't bug you about it again but you can cancel it to get the spy to do something else? Or else to increase the length of time spent doing it?

13. SiusMattius

SiusMattius Chieftain

I looked in to doing that, but it's an actual mission from what I saw. All you can do is change the length of the mission. Could set it to ridiculous length, and have player forcibly cancel it, but that seems flaky.

14. SiusMattius

SiusMattius Chieftain

EDIT: Whoops, forget this post if you saw it.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  15. Esperr

Esperr King

This mod is pretty much exactly what i was looking for. great job man.

16. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

BrokenSky likes this.
  17. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

What about trading post? is it possible to create them mid way of the duration of traderoute (same as vanilla) ?

18. SiusMattius

SiusMattius Chieftain

Is anyone else noticing a potential issue with Royal Court? I just cant seem to finish it. One city has built it down to 1 turn left 3 times, and then it just carries on building. Starting over.

Ahhh nevermind, it's just the new buildings. When you build one, it uses the build icon of the last built thing. Causing havoc >_<

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  19. Bodin

Bodin Chieftain

I've been using several versions of this mod (and for the most part, really like the changes). I especially love the policy changes. However, I can't say as I like 'all' the changes in this one patch. Is there a "modular" version somewhere (so we can 'pick and choose' the parts we like instead of an 'all or nothing' approach)? I know I could edit the changes myself, but I would have edit every time a new patch version was updated, and I'd rather not have to do that.

But overall, I've really liked your work and wanted to say 'Thank you' for this mod and the work you've put into it.

20. Miyoshi618

Miyoshi618 Chieftain

The way the mod is actually released is a bit modular. For example, I never liked using builder charges to add production to districts so I just took out the "DistrictBuilders.xml". Even when new patches come out and I don't really like any other changes aside from policy update, I just copy the "Policy.xml and PolicyTexts.xml" to my mod folder and ignore everything else.

Also in the newest update, The modinfo file doesn't seem to be updated to include the "Units.xml"

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016