1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod, Component, & File Load Order as of Winter Patch

Mod, Component, & File Load Order as of Winter Patch

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I don't know if it's the <Dependencies> in the .modinfo or the <RequiredGameArtIDs> tag in the .dep file, but that's one of those two that allows a load order for Art files.

Problem is that it forces you to have multiple mods for compatibility, you can't regroup them in one as they wouldn't load without the mods in the <Dependencies>/<RequiredGameArtIDs> list...

2. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Okay, the whole thing sounds like a colossal mess then. I guess I'll completely restructure my actions to reflect loading priority. I'd prefer to have them correspond to different themes and have priority defined within them, but that doesn't sound reliable.

Thanks for the clarifications.

3. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Ryu Tora

If i Understand this correct, Then it Is possible what im trying to Do for the Future :

I Want that i could only Build A Building from MYMOD1 , if i have a Custom tech researched , this tech Is only added in MYMOD2.

It doesnt work by now, so i have to Add a line to the modinfo, that tells the Game that MYMOD1 Load After MYMOD2 ? Is that correct ?

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, you need to give a higher load order to MYMOD1 (at least for the update database tag that refer to the new tech)

ShiroToraRyu likes this.
  5. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Does anyone know if load order was broken in latest update? I have been trying to implement it and it does not seem make any sort of difference. It seems to not work with MOAR DLC mods for their icons as well as my mod.

6. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

I've not found it to not work. I have multiple private unpublished mods that are using it and which would not function if LoadOrder was broken.

Dependancies and References are broken in terms of creating an order by which mod components load.

UpdateDatabase, ImportFiles, UpdateText I know work. I believe UpdateIcons also works with a load order designation but if you are running into problems using it for that type of action I could be wrong, and the testing I did on this might have been a poorly-structured experiment that gave a false impression LoadOrder was also working for UpdateIcons types of actions.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@Wolfdog Sounds similar to the issues I had with my icons that I mentioned to you a couple weeks ago. Even though I thought it wasn't supposed to work I did need to use File priority in conjunction with load order to finally get my icons and other changes to work correctly with MOAR.

8. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Unit Butcher

Thanks LeeS and LK. I will try the file priority with the load order and see how that goes.

9. poundjd

poundjd Chieftain Supporter

Any Update on this after the March 9th patch?

I have 486 Mods that I am subscribed to on my system and Getting the typical 100 to 150 I want to use to actually work is insane at the moment!!!!!
    -jeff

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018