Mod Error on execution.

Lassitude

Chieftain
Using the steam version.

My install path was: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Civ4: BTS in-game says the build version is 3.1.9.

Installed FallFromHeaven2041d.exe.

Shortcut target is: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Fall from Heaven 2

Shotcut start-in is: "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods"

When I launch the shortcut, it gives me a Mod Error message, saying: "Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 \ is an invalid mod directory, ignoring"

I installed this exactly where the FAQ said I should install it using steam. I even copy-and-pasted the directory provided and merely deleted the Program Files part.

As it stands, the Fall from Heaven 2 folder is in here: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

That is where it said to install. That is where I installed it. Why is it not working?

Please post screenshots of the contents of these folders:
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2
So that the proper information is displayed, before taking the screenshots please right-click in the folder and choose "View" > "Details".

I see two folders in "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\" starting with "sid meier's civilization iv", but I can't see the full names. I assume the one you have expanded is "sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword"; what is the other one?

There are actually three sid meier's folders there. One for regular civ4, one for BTS, and one for Warlords. The one selected is for BTS. I bought the compilation of the three off of steam a few days ago.

It looks like everything is in the right place, and should be working. Are you able to launch BtS normally and then load the mod from in the game? (From the main menu choose "ADVANCED", then "LOAD A MOD", then "Fall from Heaven 2" should be in the list.)

I didn't realize I could start the mod that way. It works, thank you. I guess it's the shortcut?

Yeah, the program that creates the shortsut just wasn't ab;e to determine your patch correctly. You will probably be able to examine the properties on the shortcut and see whats wrong.

Top Bottom