1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Webrider

Webrider Prince

I thought sprawling was supposed to let you have 3 tiles? Does it kick in at a certain population level?

What is the stone henge, I couldn't find it in the resources or improvements or terrain features?

2. Kael

Kael Deity

Sprawling hasn't been added to 0.25 (its on a short list of features that won't be added until the next phase).

That stone henge feature is Letum Frigus.

3. LoStNuMbEr

LoStNuMbEr Chieftain

Why did you take away mithril from the dragons hoard? Mithril is way harder to get then enchanted blade in the normal game, I remember I played a game where the only possible way to get mithril was to go to war with the elves who controlled 1/3 of the landmass in the game, I got the dragons hoarde and was able to upgrade my troops which is the only way I was able to finally take those blasted elves out.

4. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

I guess because it was demanded by many players. It was said to be quite hard to fight the babarians with the mithril-promotion the hoard handed out.

5. JDexter

JDexter Prince

Since they would need the mithril working (?) tech I've never seen a barbarian with mithril weapons. Usually at the time I have the appropriate tech there are no barbarians left (except of course the horseman etc., but they don't get it if you already captured the horde).

So I don't see how this could be a problem as the barbarians are usually far behind in the tech tree, too.

6. ma.KaBre

ma.KaBre Chieftain

Actually I never said that the babarians use mithril as I didn't play the current version thoroughly enough to see it for myself.
    Reading through the pages of this thread the removal of mithril from the hoard was demanded several times. Additionally I think (again from reading previous posts) that the tech-requirement for using the weapon-upgrades was removed. Thus they can be obtained as soon as the civ has access to the ressources. In most cases this is no problem as you get the ressource after researching the respective tech (because you cannot see the ressource-spots before). When the ressource is granted by a wonder thats definately another deal ;)

7. Love

Love Deity

What is it whith Letus Frigus? Is it spawning barbs or what?

8. Kael

Kael Deity

Letum Frigus is the place Mulcarn was killed by Kylorin. It doesn't do anything right now. It will be used later.

9. Psychoclam

Psychoclam Chieftain

Maybe this has been addressed but this thread is 287 pages long. I installed the mod and I cannot play custom games :( . I can only play the ice age senario. What am I doing wrong?

10. Kael

Kael Deity

The is a Fall from Heaven mod called Age of Ice that came with BtS, you can't play custom games with that. Thats a seperate mod but that sounds like what you are trying to play.

If you have Fall from Heaven II installed you want to go into the Advanced Menu and select Load a Mod and load Fall from Heaven 2 025. That should reload the game with Fall from Heaven II and allow you to pick a custom game.

11. Love

Love Deity

I have played FfH ice...

12. Psychoclam

Psychoclam Chieftain

Wow you are fast :D . Anyways Im a tard. I bought the game through steam and you have to tell unzip to put it into the steamapps folder and not the game folder.

thx for your time its working great now.

13. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

Having fun with the new BtS version of FfH. Among stuff that needs to be fixed (perhaps someone already posted it) is the Thane of Kilmorph being automatically switched to a Paramander unit when it's built. That started happening halfway through the game.

I'm sure this is coming in the next version too (??) -- we really need the mana counter on the right side of the screen real bad. Right now, it's pretty tough to monitor what mana is already built.

14. CuteKills

CuteKills Chieftain

15. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Keep up w/ this thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=245949

and read the first 1st post often. ;)

16. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

17. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

18. Webrider

Webrider Prince

I used the shortcut you have in the main directory moved it to my desktop relinked the icon, the icon used the default install path, and now it works great. One doubble click to start.

I'm sure there is a reason, why don't you let the icon install on the desktop at install? It does make playing this mod so much easier then loading BTS: then BTS unloads itself and loads this mod, if you use the BTS menus to get to the mod. I'm sure with all the work you do on this mod this is such a small item. Great work on the mod. I have played it off and on since FFH I.

19. kobaaron

kobaaron Chieftain

You made a good game, great.

My two cents: thanks! :)

20. Pratputajao

Pratputajao Warlord

where am I supposed to install the 25c?

I installed it first with the default settings from settup... no luck then I tried to istall it in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\with no luck?; tried to run it but in the middle of loading up about a dozen errors came up and it droped to windows? what am I doing wrong?

Oh and I also installed the proper patch and media pack.

thanks