[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Ever since I tried the Crazy Resources option on the Fantasy Realm map, I`ve been hooked on having this number of resources - the regular distribution seems barren in comparison. Anyway, would it be possible to add a Crazy Resources option for the other map types? (the Fantasy Realm map isn`t great if you want some sea-faring action.)

Awesome work on the mod btw!

Try selecting the "Blessings of Amathaon" game option from the custom game menu. It doubles the amount of bonuses.

Thanks, should have mentioned that I tried this and still nowhere near the spawn rate of Crazy. Maybe I`m just being too greedy. :rolleyes:

It would be good though if I could get more ocean on the Fantasy Realm map. It`s always landlocked, even at the highest tide levels, and BtS was made for island colonies and naval exploration/warfare.

Kael, I just wanted to say I got the mod working yesterday and I was up till 3 playing it. My boss was pissed cause I was so tired today, but it was worth it.:lol: I just wanted to tip my hat at you and say that this mod is far and away the best mod I've ever played.

Hey, I have gotten the event where i found an herb that may increase my health. Among the option ares +1 health and +2 health. Also the text sounds like they were meant to be the outcome of some research. I dont really mind +2 free health every now and then, but it prolly unbalances the game ;) .

Anyways though guys, this mod is outstanding. I actually stopped playing civ about 4 years ago with 2 i think it was, and this mod brought me back with vanilla, and then made me buy bts. Thanks for all the hard work:goodjob:

I keep getting blue screened on this mod. It seems to work fine for a while but then it just dies. I think having tried it a few times that is something to do with the animation around Hyborem and Asheron the barbarian dragon.

This works fine on my PC at home so far as I know, but seems to die on my laptop (which to be fair doesnt have an amazing graphics card).

I havent installed the mod in the usual place, but I am running the latest patch. Any ideas?

Hi Kael,

Does mod k break save games? Thanks!

Yeap, if you want to keep your game you should play it out before you upgrade.

Hey, I have gotten the event where i found an herb that may increase my health. Among the option ares +1 health and +2 health. Also the text sounds like they were meant to be the outcome of some research. I dont really mind +2 free health every now and then, but it prolly unbalances the game ;) .

In theory, Patch A fixed this. Are you 0.25 playing unpatched?

Hey, for some reason I can't build mana improvements. Mana says it requires the Never technology. Great mod though. I'm really enjoying it.

Well it seems like I can't actually build any adepts or mages and I have all three techs after "Knowledge of the Ether" as well as "Elementalism." (I'm pretty new to this mod, so I'm not used to building these units.)

Well it seems like I can't actually build any adepts or mages and I have all three techs after "Knowledge of the Ether" as well as "Elementalism." (I'm pretty new to this mod, so I'm not used to building these units.)

You need to have a mage guild to be able to build Adepts (for most civs). The Khazad can't build mages, but every other civ can then upgraqde their adepts to mages when they get to be the right level (4). But you can never build a mage directly.

Is the demon civ bugged since once I got the choice to play as them the game enterd a neverending wait for other civs. Probobly waited for my old civ to finish...

Hey guys,

more detail on the error I am getting:
Problem has been detected on your computer and windows is shutting down to prevent damage to your computer

the problem seems to be caused by file igxpdx32.dll
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

if it is the first time restart otherwise
re-install - tried that
do windows updates - tried that
disable new hardware or soeftware - unfortunately this is the new software
change bios memory options to turn off cacheing and shadowing - I cant find any memory options in the bios on this laptop

Does anyone have any clue, it's probably just a setting somewhere???

The texts have to be reworked on the XML text file, for the non-english players. All accented letters have to be replaced by "&acute..." codes. Many sentences are not translated. I have to do the job everytime a new version is released, it's getting annoying, but I'll do it again this WE, at least for french, spanish and italian translations.

If you don't mind I'll send you my fixed version of CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml.

You need to have a mage guild to be able to build Adepts (for most civs). The Khazad can't build mages, but every other civ can then upgraqde their adepts to mages when they get to be the right level (4). But you can never build a mage directly.
Okay, thanks Kael. I thought that might be the issue, especially since I'd never built any mage guilds. Can I suggest that that requirement be made explicit in the Civilopedia?

Am playing with the Ljosofar atm, built Nilhorn very early and have virtually conquered half the (huge) map with the 3 Hill Giants. Its like having 3 super-strength catapults that quickly gain promotions, making them super-powerful, especially for taking cities. Even at turn 600, many AI cities still only have 2 warriors defending them, so is very easy to take these with the Nilhorn Giants. Taking these two factors together, it has had a greatly unbalancing effect on the game. But I`m having fun! :cool:

The texts have to be reworked on the XML text file, for the non-english players. All accented letters have to be replaced by "&acute..." codes. Many sentences are not translated. I have to do the job everytime a new version is released, it's getting annoying, but I'll do it again this WE, at least for french, spanish and italian translations.

If you don't mind I'll send you my fixed version of CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml.

That would be great. There is a team that does the German translation so we do pretty good there but we are missing the other languages.

But an updated CIV4GameText_FFH2.xml doesn't do me any good. I use the editor to make text changes and the editor creates the xml file. So an updated xml file will just get overwritten the next time a change is made in the editor.

If you could get me an updated version of the text worksheet in the editor I will make sure it is included. The editor is the /Fall from Heaven 2 025/FfH Editor.xlsm file. If you are unable to open that file I can get you an OpenOffice version of the text worksheet that you can work from.

Is the demon civ bugged since once I got the choice to play as them the game enterd a neverending wait for other civs. Probobly waited for my old civ to finish...

That problem should have been fixed in patch "d" (we are on patch "k" now). Let me know if it isn't fixed with the latest version.

Editorial stuff (not a bug).

I noticed the verb "to effect" is used consistently in the place of what the correct verb should be, that is "to affect". They sound alike, but they really don't mean the same thing. OK, it's a detail... but hey, maybe someday it'll get fixed. :)

To effect means: to cause to happen, to bring about (to effect a spell is to cast a spell).
To affect means: to have an effect on something (you are affected by a spell).

So far, I'm totally enjoying the mod. Keep up the great job! This is awesome.

Top Bottom