1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Kael, May 18, 2006.

1. Gigaz

Gigaz civoholic

Has someone else the problem that the f..ing Lich tends to kill AIs very early in the game with his summoned units? I like the idea of having these barb heroes but i don't see why he needs to be able to kill players. I guess he's just buggy :(

2. Pdifolco

Pdifolco Chieftain

Nooble
    I suggest you reenable autosave, then look if it has been created after the starting crashes. It worked for me too, but I don't like crashes :)

3. Ambreville

Ambreville Deity

How do you disable autosave IN BtS?

4. 3141592

3141592 Warlord

Nope, the lich isn't buggy, he's supposed to be very powerful. He's actually been toned down some, but in the start of the game the only thing you can do is avoid him.

5. Von Wibble

Von Wibble Chieftain

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster.

Let me be the nth person to say what a great mod this is!

(Actually that was probably 50 pages ago....maybe I'm the n+qth)

I am playing 0.25 with patch k installed. I am playing as Kuriotates. However, my cities are not expanding as normal - there are no city hubs and they just work 2 rings of tiles like the other civs. I know that in earlier versions the sprawling trait has an effect but it isn't happening here.

6. Kael

Kael Deity

Sprawling isnt implemented in BtS versions. We are scheduled to add it in "Shadow".

7. King Flevance

King Flevance Deity

So is shadow going to be an additional version of FfH or be added into 2? I am not clear on this and haven't been able to find info on it. Although, I must admit I haven't really went on a 'hunt' for it. More like just peeked.

8. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

The next series of versions will be called the Shadow phase.
    In the initial planning for FfH 2 Kael organized desired features into 4 phases to prioritize. Light, Fire, Shadow, and Ice. Shadow is just begining coding now, the first public version will be some time away, most likely.

You won't be disappointed. ;)

9. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

Ok, I finally got the game to work by messing with some options in the graphics options...maybe it had something to do with the intro movie.

I have a question though: how do you build Meshabber of Dis? I have the holy city of the Ashen Veil and the Infernal Pact technology, but I cannot seem to build him.

10. thp427

thp427 Chieftain

I'm not sure what path the shortcut should have to rename it -- but does that really explain why even the main civ menu mod loader can't do it? Even if I go via the main Civ game, trying to load the mod crashes the game and gives an error message.

11. R0GERSHRUBBER

R0GERSHRUBBER Shrubber

The Meshabber of Dis and Mithril Golem are 'avatars' and can only be built when the Armaggedon Counter is 70+. The Avatar of Wrath is a barbarian avatar that is created when the Armaggedon Counter is 90.

12. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

Thanks. Is there anywhere that I could read about the Armaggedon Counter? Is there a limit of how high it can go? What IS the Armaggedon Counter?

I could not find it in the civilopedia.

13. Nor'easter

Nor'easter Emperor

Here's info about the AC from the FfH wiki. The wiki isn't entirely done, and some entries are out of date, but I think this entry about the AC is mostly accurate.

http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Armageddon_Counter_(Feature)

14. Nooble

Nooble Warlord

I think I've found a bug. It's when a civilization wants to be your vassal, but the only thing that happens is that their diplomacy box pops up, and you have three options to choose from (trade, what deals you have, and leave)

Normally, it would go to the trade option rightaway with the civilization offering "vassal".

I discovered this when a popup from another civilization appeared even though I did not click on it. I decided to see why and clicked on the trade button. To my suprise, my enemy actually wanted to be my vassal. I checked the other weak civilzations to see if they also wanted to be my vassal, since my empire was so mighty. After checking, no other civilization wanted to be my vassal.

A few turns later, a different civilization's dilpomacy box popped up where I have that three options again. I click on trade, and to my suprise, he wants to be my vassal. So this time, I check ALL the civilizations to see if anyone wants to be my vassal, but none of them do.

A few turns later, a different civilization's diplomacy box popped up where I have that three options again. I click trade, and he wanted to be my vassal. So I've come to the conclusion that whenever an A.I wants to be your vassal, the diplomacy box would pop up with them, but they would not ask you to be your vassal in the trade box. You would have to click on the trade box yourself, and offer vassal from them.

15. jselsmark

jselsmark FFH2 Fanatic

Yeah I would have to agree that he is a bit all too mighty if you start right next to him... especially when playing on marathon speed...

But he will probably be balnaced sooner or later... after all the game is still in development.

16. Consciousness

Consciousness Chieftain

Meh, I started over. Guess I'll invest in Spirit mana and more adepts this time. Luckily, it looks like there's a mana node right next to my capital...

I still think making Courage a normal promotion and giving the Horsemen more nihilistic AI would be good, though.

And come to think of it, you can still get that "Your bowmen invent better bows, have a free promotion" event someone mentioned before you've even discovered Archery (and when I'm the Doivello no less - we use javelins, not bows!).

17. Ahwaric

Ahwaric Shrubbery-hugger

First of all, I am lurking around here since FFH1 and it is simply the best mod of any game I have ever played :D

I also tried to find answers to some of my questions, but so far I had no luck. So decided to finally ask them ;) Sorry if it was already answered bazillion of times, I really tried to search FFH related threads.

First, there is no espionage active in FFH. Any plans to add it? With no espionage from holy city and a few other things gone in BtS, I think we need it badly. Any plans in activating it (Shadow maybe?)

Second, great commander/general. I miss this feature, I think warlords has it implemented very well. Currently I rarely see any great commander in my games (only the free ones awarded by tech). Currently, all this acumulated experience goes to waste. Any plans to use great general mechanism for anything?

Third, specializing cities. Currently it is possible only to improve city as a money and great people farm (unless I missed something). Any plans to add something like an arcane univeristy to boost science or something for culture/production/food/more xp?

Fourth, forests, especially ancient ones. It always amazed me why rivers in forested tile did not add any commerce. I think in forested area river is more important as a trade route than on plains, but that is also vanilla Civ issue. But now you can't build anything in ancient forest unless you are an elf. Any plans to add any improvement, like forest preserve? Currently the best the non elven FoL civilization can do is to remove all forest except the border one and build something more productive there (I know of health and happines bonus, but it is not so great).

Finally, what do you think of a small bonus for mines from the arete tech/civic? Like one extra commerce. I recall there was such bonus in the past and I think it was a good idea.

Ok, that is all for now. It is much longer than I expected, sorry.

Anyway, regardless of the decisions on the above topics, I can't wait to try shadow. :) Even if it means long waiting...
    Keep up the good work and getting prizes, you really deserve it :goodjob:

18. Erakarhu

Erakarhu Chieftain

I downloaded this mod yesterday and installed it a moment ago, but now I'm wondering what map I should play? Or did the mod give me a map?

19. War Chicken

War Chicken Warlord

I think I found a little bug here.

This time I really do play with patch K.
    Playing the Lalun, their Hero-Ship, the Balck Wind can't load normal units.
    Haven't tried great persons yet, but I think it's supposed to transport everything, right?

In .23 the combination Blackwind+Guybrush Threepwood was fun. I would love to see this possible again.

20. zanzibar196

zanzibar196 Chieftain

Meh... just have it randomly generate a map just like normal BTS.