[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

>>>---this is my first post on this site and apparently i'm making a reply, however if it shows up as one this has nothing to do with Broken Hawk's post.---<<<

I've just installed what I assume is the most recent update: 0.34. As far as the patch is concerned do i need to install patch "a" through "d" in sequence or will patch d cover all pre-existing patches?

i'd like to add a huge thank you for everyone involved in creating this mod, by far the greatest user/users addition to any game...ever.

Thanks Hawk, so does anyone know what's up with the guilds? I first noticed when my veteran Assassin wasn't able to spread Aeron's Bounty. It's possible I've messed something up, but the guilds didn't disappear until I installed the new update. They aren't even mentioned in the pedia.

Another thing, is there a way of checking the Crime Rate? or do i just have to add up my buildings.

also, are guilds being worked on because they don't seem to be working for me?

Kael took the guilds out of version 0.34. The Guild of the Nine and Guild of Hammers remain in the game as wonders, but if I've understood correctly, the whole guilds mechanic has been removed.

I was playing .34 with patch d as Calabim and had the game crash after killing Hyborem. I reloaded from a recent save and tried again, and the same thing happened. The third time, I saved right before the destroying turn, but did not have the game crash. For the first two times, I did the following on that turn:
-attacked w/catapult
-summoned a specter(w/vamp) in the town to the north (Straatos) and had it attack Dis
-summoned 4 specters(w/vamps) in the stack, had them all attack
-Cast Blur & Haste (w/adepts) on the stack
-Attacked until Dis was destroyed.
After that I finished off the turn with some feasting, and ended the turn. the game crashed before the next turn began.

...Oops, accidentally saved over the one from right before the attack. This autosave is from a few turns before. As far as the combat is concerned, I just waited around for the catapult to heal.

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-0624.CivBeyondSwordSave
    613.7 KB · Views: 61
Patch "f" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Held promotion no longer gives -50% strength (since I use it for more than just trapped units).
2. Great People won't get immortality from Blood of the Phoenix.
3. Fixed an issue with the Wrath Armageddon event, it wasn't correctly causing units to become enraged.
4. Fixed an issue that would cause armageddon events to trigger twice on human players (double effected blight, apoclypse, etc).
5. Performance improvements on large maps (especially in single player games).

Er, finished researching "Mithril Weapons" and all my cities got struck down with "Blight". Is this triggered by Mithril Weapons or cast by a different civ or something? Is it reversible?

It happens when the AC first hits 30 (formerly 40). It will only happen once, and the penalty gradually goes away on its own.

Patch "g" is linked in the first post. It wont break save games and resolves the following issues:

1. Fixed a problem with flame graphics on Vista.
2. Fixed an issue where some calls with the increasing or flexible difficulty options werent being applied.
3. Puppets can no longer become liches.
4. The Mutate event now correctly targets non-mutated units.

I seem to be unable to gift units to other (AI) players.
I like to do that from time to time if I want to help one side in a war, but do not want to actively take part in it.
What exactly are the requirements to do so aside open borders?

And another problem - when playing Balseraph Loki doesn't flee. He's just killed.

The ability to gift units was removed as it allowed for too many cheats in Multiplayer (repeatedly gifting adepts for fre promotions, gifting vampires (though that one's since been fixed) etc.)

There were numerous other issues with gifting units as well. The free promotion thing was just one of the more well-known abuses, and was something which you cannot simply decide not to do (another of the many exploits was to gift an HN animal unit to someone, capture it with subdue animals, gift it back, capture it....)

Top Bottom