[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Greeting all,

I just bought Civ 4 gold (thinking it included BTS) and want to play FFH (Best Mod EVER!). My question is can I play the version for vanilla civ ( 23c) if I have warlords installed? I dont really want to unistall and reinstall with just civ IV ...but I will if I have too!!

Anyone?

thanks

Greeting all,

I just bought Civ 4 gold (thinking it included BTS) and want to play FFH (Best Mod EVER!). My question is can I play the version for vanilla civ ( 23c) if I have warlords installed? I dont really want to unistall and reinstall with just civ IV ...but I will if I have too!!

Anyone?

thanks

As long as you have vanilla civ installed (which you should have in order to play warlords) you should have no problem playing the vanilla ffh2 version, as long as you install it under the vanilla civ directories...

Don't know if installing the gold versinon when you already have civ installed requires a reinstall, you never know with windows ;)

As long as you have vanilla civ installed (which you should have in order to play warlords) you should have no problem playing the vanilla ffh2 version, as long as you install it under the vanilla civ directories...

Don't know if installing the gold version when you already have civ installed requires a reinstall, you never know with windows ;)

I got the c4 goody box when it first came out ^_^ but I started using FFH2 with the Gold install after my last semiannual system wipe -- you may need to edit the default FFH2 directory structure when you run its installer (I used the default for C4G, my base install dir is : "C:\Program Files\2K Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Gold\Beyond the Sword\", Mods should be in there), but it should work just fine. Just pay attention to it and double-check whenever you patch it or add a Media Pack to make sure it's going to the right place. Note that this apparently causes the FFH2 shortcut to show up as the default C4 logo instead of a custom one.

Patch "h" is linked in the first post. It won't break save games and makes the following changes:

1. Added the ability to randomize goody huts in scenarios.
2. Fixed an isNone() python error with the Roar spell.
3. Fixed an error in the Lichdom spell.
4. Fixed a python error in the Ascension ritual.
5. Fixed a python error in the Inquisition spell.
6. Fixed an issue blocking units form getting promotions if their flanking is over 90%.
7. Fixed an issue causing defending units to get wopperjawed with the guardsman promotion.
8. New Brigit model art by MrUnderhill.
9. New High Priest of Winter unit model by C.Roland.

Is there a way to increase the number of special terrain tiles, i.e. Ygdrassil, Letum Frigus, etc.?

You mean the number that will appear on each map?

Go to Fall from Heaven 2 034\Assets\XML\CIV4GlobalDefinesAlt.xml and increase the IMPROVEMENT_UNIQUE_CHANCE define. The chances depend on this number and the size of the map. Anything over 200 should mean that all the unique features will be placed on the map, at least if there are tiles of valid terrains.

If you want more types of these features, you'll just have to mod them in.

Ummmm...does this seem more than a little odd to anyone else, as in "this just shouldn't be able to happen?" :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword#007.jpg
    Civ4BeyondSword#007.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 385
Ummmm...does this seem more than a little odd to anyone else, as in "this just shouldn't be able to happen?" :crazyeye:

That happens all the time to me, looks like they're just looking for a reason to hate you more. By the way, what map setting is that?

That happens all the time to me, looks like they're just looking for a reason to hate you more. By the way, what map setting is that?

I have used SmartMap for a while, this was 6 continents, Normal forest Light jungle....and I can't recall the rest.

Hey just saw something weird:
Spoiler :

What's with the walls? Is it something related to the Elohim? It's by their lands, and I know they are defensive. Can I pass them? Clicking on the tiles gives no indication that there is an improvement on them. I shall investigate the civilopedia.

Okay thanks I was just confused because it did not follow their borders exactly.

I guess it is possible that their boarders changed since the wall graphics were added, or that it actually doesn't follow their current boarders but that you haven't traveled there/traded maps recently enough to see their true boarders.

I guess it is possible that their boarders changed since the wall graphics were added, or that it actually doesn't follow their current boarders but that you haven't traveled there/traded maps recently enough to see their true boarders.

Yup. It's the first one. Building the Great Wall in un-modded c4 does this. It builds the "wall" to match whatever your borders happened to be at the time the Wonder was completed.

I just have to say, I found this mod a few weeks ago and it literally rekindled my interest in Civ4. We played that mod until the sun came up for days on end. And then that crashed with our real lives so we're just now again starting to play the new version. Also, in total, we're gonna be like five players who'll be playing this online. It's gonna be awesome, we've only been three or so before.

Also, I have to ask. Is there someway you could implement the "All Unique Features" customization present in Fall Further?
I think it really spices up the maps.
Thanks for a great mod btw, you guys rock.

I just have to say, I found this mod a few weeks ago and it literally rekindled my interest in Civ4. We played that mod until the sun came up for days on end. And then that crashed with our real lives so we're just now again starting to play the new version. Also, in total, we're gonna be like five players who'll be playing this online. It's gonna be awesome, we've only been three or so before.

Also, I have to ask. Is there someway you could implement the "All Unique Features" customization present in Fall Further?
I think it really spices up the maps.
Thanks for a great mod btw, you guys rock.

If you edit C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 034\Assets\XML\GlobalDefinesAlt.xml so that the IMPROVEMENT_UNIQUE_CHANCE is large enough it would pretty much have the effect. The actual chance in the define is modified by map size, but anything over 200 would pretty guarantee that they are all placed unless the map doesn't have enough of the required terrains.

I've been thinking about this just recently, I always like how this mod is made, however Civilization 4 never really got a storyline part of it, nor see any mods that made a storyline mod. I was one time playing HoMM5, and like how the game is, along with it's storyline. So I was thinking, I like to hear about the storyline of this mod in a game similar to eaither Dark Messiah of Might and Magic or something similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 5. Either mods will cost alot of time and maybe cash, however with all of this put together, I can assume that this will also become one of the legendary games like Everquest 2, Dungeons and Dragons, Might and Magic, Warhammer, and other series of games like that. Can you ever be able to do that?

Top Bottom