[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Guten Tag.

I've played several games now in 014d, and always noticed one oddity:
Everytime Orthus or Archeron are created, the tile, where it was crated lights up and is lit through the entire Game even if it's on the other side of the world.
With lit i don't mean that its only visible - I see every troop movement that happens to pass through that tile.

Its just a minor thing, but I wanted you to know.

-Christian

Blathergut said:
Warlords and FFH...will installing Warlords muddle up playing FFH in any way?

I don't have Warlords yet (it needs some more day unitl it is shipped in germany) but as far as i have read you can start civ in Vanilla-Mode so it should not screw FfH.

Blathergut said:
Warlords and FFH...will installing Warlords muddle up playing FFH in any way?

Nope, Ive been playing both for quite a while without problems. Vanilla civ and Warlords load as 2 seperate games (warlords is actually installed in a directory under civ4). So if you want to play FfH just put in your normal Civ4 cd and play just like you do now. If you want to play warlords put in your warlords cd and that game will load instead.

Kael, great job on a fantastic and in-depth mod. It's amazing to see how customization can make it into a whole new game. I'm vastly interested in the story and fantasy concepts that you have added and hope that there will be more to come. Since it's not finished, there is no need to tell you about a few of my issues with the gameplay, but I hope this makes it way to 1.0 in the near future.

You've obviously been bombarded by people who want to help with various aspects of the mod, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't offer. I'm quite inventive in the fantasy story dept, and I used to be quite capable with Photoshop. Well, there, I'm done.

The Cosmic Fool said:
Kael, great job on a fantastic and in-depth mod. It's amazing to see how customization can make it into a whole new game. I'm vastly interested in the story and fantasy concepts that you have added and hope that there will be more to come. Since it's not finished, there is no need to tell you about a few of my issues with the gameplay, but I hope this makes it way to 1.0 in the near future.

You've obviously been bombarded by people who want to help with various aspects of the mod, but I wouldn't feel right if I didn't offer. I'm quite inventive in the fantasy story dept, and I used to be quite capable with Photoshop. Well, there, I'm done.

Be sure to check out the FfH forum (link in my sig) that has tons of data about the mod. There are lots of good people there helping out in a variety of ways.

There is a 0.14 bug thread, cosmetic issues thread and balance recommendations thread in the forum. So be sure to add any feedback you have.

cool...yeah, its working now, but for about 5 turns or so the promotions seemed rather sporadic...im sorry, i dont have a saved game version to show.

But yeah, its working now, so time to go stomp some holes!

Kael,

I was playing Khazad. I still think that they are really awesome when theirs Dwarven Vaults are overflowing. But you already know my opinion....

I've got a question. Watch the picture below and, please, explain to me the bonus: +100% castle linked with stone (or something like that). I don't understand this bonus. Others are logical: D.Vault, D.Smithy and organized religion.

It makes days that i don't read a post of Woodelf. Does he left the Team ?:confused:

Last thing: Inquisitor are very fun. Amelanchier "stole" the Baron from Basium !!!
Then, i "stole" him from amelanchier...:D Very fun ! But can you stole a unit when you are defending ? I usually take control of them while attacking....

The Frog.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 236
Looks to me like its got a double production speed with stone like some wonders.

Hian, That is a temporary bonus applies because having access to the resource stone allows a Castle to "double production with X resource". If you have the tooltips on and hover over a building in the building list it will usually show at the bottom in () and red if you don't have the resource, or green if you do.
That sort of bonus will show up for some other buildings also.. I think the Pyramids still have it, though I think a lot of wonders used to and that was reduced. Its a nifty incentive to seek resources or trade for them.. I wouldn't mind seeing more such bonuses...

Actually, what would be nice if there was more Bonusees to units for resource. Like, giving "Swordsman" a +1 STR if you have mithril available, or Archers a +10% withdrawl chance if you have access to pigs(pig guts.. makes some of the toughest bow strings, can fire from further away, giving them a better chance to .. "Run Away.. Run Away.. ")...

sorry.. I got off on a tangent there...

Cheers!
--EDIT: and thats what ranting gets you.. talchas sneaking in to beat me to the answer :) --

BlazeRedSXT said:
Hian, That is a temporary bonus applies because having access to the resource stone allows a Castle to "double production with X resource". If you have the tooltips on and hover over a building in the building list it will usually show at the bottom in () and red if you don't have the resource, or green if you do.
That sort of bonus will show up for some other buildings also.. I think the Pyramids still have it, though I think a lot of wonders used to and that was reduced. Its a nifty incentive to seek resources or trade for them.. I wouldn't mind seeing more such bonuses...
Yes, right....:blush: I was probably dreaming when i wrote my question... The main problem is that the civilopedia is not yet finished, and sometimes i forget some bonuses.:crazyeye:
BlazeRedSXT said:
Actually, what would be nice if there was more Bonusees to units for resource. Like, giving "Swordsman" a +1 STR if you have mithril available, or Archers a +10% withdrawl chance if you have access to pigs(pig guts.. makes some of the toughest bow strings, can fire from further away, giving them a better chance to .. "Run Away.. Run Away.. ")...

--EDIT: and thats what ranting gets you.. talchas sneaking in to beat me to the answer :) --

Yes, you are again right. Some bonuses should be better used. Copper, Iron and mithril for weapons and/or armors, some luxuries for special buildings (as the Kuriotate's),.... But FfH2 is already the best mod, IMO. Probably one day, this idea could be developped.

Thx.

The Frog

HI everybody! *Hi Doctor Nick!*

First off, I'd like to congratulate the Fall From Heaven-guys on their great mod. It's great to see Civ in a fantasy setting, an idea I always liked to work out myself, but I'm a piss poor programmer ^_^

One thing struck me though, and that's the lack of consistency in the art. Most seems plucked from the 'Net (I've seen some Brom-pieces for instance), and this gives the interface and Civilopedia a... well... "cobbled-together"-look. Now, I may be a crappy modder, but I'm *ahem* not unaccomplished as an artist. Would it interest the mod team at all if I were to create pictures of all the leaderheads, -buttons and unit buttons to use in the game? That way the art would have a uniform look. Plus, since I've managed to find a way to resize and .dds art to appear non-stretched, it would get rid of some of the blurred and distorted pictures.

Mind, I'm playing the first version (can't d/l II due to provider issues), so the art may have been altered, but in case you'd be interested, I've always wanted to co-operate in making a mod, and maybe you'd be interested in overhauling the 2D-art with pictures made especially for the game. Let me know if you're interested, I should be able to make about one picture per day, at least.

You can view a large collection of my art here:

http://elstormo.deviantart.com/

ElStormo said:

First off, I'd like to congratulate the Fall From Heaven-guys on their great mod. It's great to see Civ in a fantasy setting, an idea I always liked to work out myself, but I'm a piss poor programmer ^_^

One thing struck me though, and that's the lack of consistency in the art. Most seems plucked from the 'Net (I've seen some Brom-pieces for instance), and this gives the interface and Civilopedia a... well... "cobbled-together"-look. Now, I may be a crappy modder, but I'm *ahem* not unaccomplished as an artist. Would it interest the mod team at all if I were to create pictures of all the leaderheads, -buttons and unit buttons to use in the game? That way the art would have a uniform look. Plus, since I've managed to find a way to resize and .dds art to appear non-stretched, it would get rid of some of the blurred and distorted pictures.

Mind, I'm playing the first version (can't d/l II due to provider issues), so the art may have been altered, but in case you'd be interested, I've always wanted to co-operate in making a mod, and maybe you'd be interested in overhauling the 2D-art with pictures made especially for the game. Let me know if you're interested, I should be able to make about one picture per day, at least.

I noticed this, as I think all of the leader heads are from some fantasy RPG's. I noticed a few from Icewind Dale.
EDIT: Actually, I think they are all from Icewind Dale I & II

ElStormo said:

I would love to have more consistency to the art, but its a huge undertaking. There are hundreds of units alone, let alone buildings, tech, civis, leaders, etc.

But no one says you have to replace it all at once. I checked out your gallery and although it isn't that easy to jusdge because they are mostly black and white I do like your work. Especialy the swimsuit and undressed pictures.

If you would like to try one I could use a new druid button. Let me know what you come up with.

Ordom said:
I noticed this, as I think all of the leader heads are from some fantasy RPG's. I noticed a few from Icewind Dale.
EDIT: Actually, I think they are all from Icewind Dale I & II

They are almosy all from Justin Sweets, the artist who did the portraits for Icewind Dale but their aren't very many Icewind Dale pictures in there. And there are several from other artists as well.

Justin Sweet is the style guide for 2d art in FfH. When I find art from other artists I try to match his style as closely as possible, and I am a huge fan of his work.

Hian the Frog said:
It makes days that i don't read a post of Woodelf. Does he left the Team ?:confused:

No way! Woodelf is definitly still on the team. He was FfH's first fan and I would probably take to stalking him if he ever tried to leave. He mentioned that he hasnt been keeping up with the public threads as much lately but he is as busy as always in the internal threads. Woodelf designed both the Ingenuity trait and the concept that the Khazad would get bonuses based on the amount of money they have stored, so he is defnitly working hard on the mod even if he isn't in the public threads as much. I also think he is spending a lot of time working on improving his 3d modeling skills right now (and playtesting 0.15 of course).

Kael said:
They are almosy all from Justin Sweets, the artist who did the portraits for Icewind Dale but their aren't very many Icewind Dale pictures in there. And there are several from other artists as well.

Justin Sweet is the style guide for 2d art in FfH. When I find art from other artists I try to match his style as closely as possible, and I am a huge fan of his work.

This is a bit OT, sorry folks. But I was wondering, who did the art for the Crusader? Is it Justin? I think it's the same artist who did the Lady in a Red Dress during the startup loading screen. I just love those pieces :)

Duane_Loone said:
This is a bit OT, sorry folks. But I was wondering, who did the art for the Crusader? Is it Justin? I think it's the same artist who did the Lady in a Red Dress during the startup loading screen. I just love those pieces :)

Those are both Greg Staples, another amazing artist. He also did that last picture in the loading slideshow, the guy against the rock.

http://www.gregstaples.co.uk/

You have a lot to answer for. Here are the reasons:

You guy's in the mod teams seem to hear what people say, take their problems onboard, see how to make the game better....... & change them. You do the mods and patches, keep telling us what's going to get better and everything.
My complaint is...... I don't have enough time to finish the games I play before a new and better version comes out, or I don't want to start another game until the new mod comes out.

So, it seems that my complaint is............ you are just to efficient on this mod :mad:
You get our hopes up that there will be a new mod in a weeks time, & then you give it to us :mad:
You see our problems and deal with them....:mischief:
So, you have made it very very hard for us normal people, to have a life. With a better game all the time, when do we have time to go out, get exercise, goto work or play other games. Now, the other games is going to be very upsetting. If we ever play another game, we would expect our complaints to be dealt with and the game to keep on improving all the time, as it's what we've come to expect. When this does not happens it will spoil the other games due to what we've come to expect here.

So, with no complaints about the game, I'm complaining about the game spoiling our lives in other ways :D

Kael said:
I would love to have more consistency to the art, but its a huge undertaking. There are hundreds of units alone, let alone buildings, tech, civis, leaders, etc.

But no one says you have to replace it all at once. I checked out your gallery and although it isn't that easy to jusdge because they are mostly black and white I do like your work. Especialy the swimsuit and undressed pictures.

If you would like to try one I could use a new druid button. Let me know what you come up with.
Would black-and-white be a problem? The leaderheads for instance, might look good if done in b&w.

As for the 'huge undertaking', I'll simply start at the beginning, and do the leaderheads, and then go from there. I already have a version of All-Devourer almost finished, when I'm done I'll post it and you can see if b&w is good or not. I could do them in colour, but I think they might look better in b&w.

Top Bottom