[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Suggestions for Balance:

+1 food/coast for Lanun is unbalancing on water maps, we've taken to banning them in multiplayer water maps. I would suggest perhaps giving them +1 food per fish/clam/crab, if that's easily done. Or a bonus to these resources from harbour or lighthouse

AI seemed to play very well on pangea, but was very poor on water maps, primarily due to the AI not chopping it's forests or jungles. Can this be partly fixed by changing the flavours of these techs to encourage more growth?

A player whose farmland is covered in forests has a problem, and starting on a tropical peninsula or island is a death sentence. Perhaps perhaps allow chopping forests at crafting (Indians used stone axes to cut trees for teepees and to clear land for cultivating), and allow chopping jungles at bronze working instead, or at least allow both at bronze working.

Windmills and watermills are end-game researched techs, but really don't give any end-game economic advantages compared to mines/cottages/farms. Perhaps make them available sooner (like at smelting or iron working?) and then improve their bonuses at engineering or machinery.

Bigben34

Am I the only one that feels that the Ice phase should bring about a new religion involving the worship of Mulcarn?

EDIT: And that the Illians should be forced to select that religion (Auric Ulvin is Mulcarn reborn as a man, isn't he?).

Greater Happiness w Grigori than Amurites? On monarch level...at start, Amurites have 5 happiness but the Grigori are starting with 6...is something in particular causing this extra happiness?

Greater Happiness w Grigori than Amurites? On monarch level...at start, Amurites have 5 happiness but the Grigori are starting with 6...is something in particular causing this extra happiness?

Yip, it's the Enchantment Mana.

Hello

I have a problem when i m loading the mode everythink is OK. But when i start to play i see my unite i can move them and i can give Keyboard commands BUT I dont see my Mini map and i dont see any discription and i dont see my Gold / siance adjusment it a empty screen PLEASE help

Hello

I have a problem when i m loading the mode everythink is OK. But when i start to play i see my unite i can move them and i can give Keyboard commands BUT I dont see my Mini map and i dont see any discription and i dont see my Gold / siance adjusment it a empty screen PLEASE help

Make sure you are running the latest patch (patch "h") and rename your customassets directory to customassets.old.

Make sure you are running the latest patch (patch "h") and rename your customassets directory to customassets.old.

I changed my Folder customassets to customassets.old, but I cant figure it out if I m running on "patch h" b/c I m installing it in { C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Fall from Heaven 2 022 } but it still didn’t fixed the bug and i cant enter the mod from the shortcut that you made :(

Please help I really what to play this mod it look awesome:goodjob:

I changed my Folder customassets to customassets.old, but I cant figure it out if I m running on "patch h" b/c I m installing it in { C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\MODS\Fall from Heaven 2 022 } but it still didn’t fixed the bug and i cant enter the mod from the shortcut that you made :(

Please help I really what to play this mod it look awesome:goodjob:

try entering the mod from within the warlords menu... in-game...

I am unable to download the patch "H" from the link provided in the original post. It simply says unable to connect to kael.civfanatics.net. I even tried kael.civfanatics.com, since CivFanatics itself is a .com domain, but that also does not work.

Is there a mirror or other site hosting the file?

I am unable to download the patch "H" from the link provided in the original post. It simply says unable to connect to kael.civfanatics.net. I even tried kael.civfanatics.com, since CivFanatics itself is a .com domain, but that also does not work.

Is there a mirror or other site hosting the file?

The FTP server appears to be down. I'll ping Thunderfall and let him know.

I was trying to get Civ 4 and the latest FFH2 installed on my new computer and was stumped trying to get patch h. So much so that I just made an account here to ask about it and before I could even get registered, you had replied.

Thanks Kael for checking on the download site and, an excellent mod!!

Hey again Kael and Team!

I had some great time destroying the World with the Sheanim, when I noticed something. The Moebius Witch and the Spectre appear as red unicolored blobs. I suppose their Shapes (called models in unreal - dunno about it in civ) are missing. Is this, because they are to come, or have I made something wrong when installing (I didn't use the installer, but extracted the stuff manually, 'cos my FFH2 folder has a slightly different name and the .lnk file is resetted to the defauld gamepath with every patch.

Shall I just re-install it, or is there an easy way to fix that?
Or shall I do nothing, because the "Shapes" are inserted in one of the future patches or versions?

Hey again Kael and Team!

I had some great time destroying the World with the Sheanim, when I noticed something. The Moebius Witch and the Spectre appear as red unicolored blobs. I suppose their Shapes (called models in unreal - dunno about it in civ) are missing. Is this, because they are to come, or have I made something wrong when installing (I didn't use the installer, but extracted the stuff manually, 'cos my FFH2 folder has a slightly different name and the .lnk file is resetted to the defauld gamepath with every patch.

Shall I just re-install it, or is there an easy way to fix that?
Or shall I do nothing, because the "Shapes" are inserted in one of the future patches or versions?

I've seen both Moebius Witch and Spectre in the game with perfectly good models, so the problem must be with your install.

I am unable to determine how to capture a shadow. In my present game I have hawks and marksmen who can see the shadows but I haven't been able to capture a single one. I have even had a marksmam on the same tile as the shadow and it escaped! What am I doing wrong?

Grigori prob: I had my first adventurer pop up...made him a warrior...when the 2nd popped up i kept him as such, until i had knowledge of the ether and a mages guild...but i could not upgrade him to anything...adept button, warrior and scout buttons would not work...same when the third adventurer popped up...any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong that i can;t make them something??

Suggestions for Balance:

+1 food/coast for Lanun is unbalancing on water maps, we've taken to banning them in multiplayer water maps. I would suggest perhaps giving them +1 food per fish/clam/crab, if that's easily done. Or a bonus to these resources from harbour or lighthouse

AI seemed to play very well on pangea, but was very poor on water maps, primarily due to the AI not chopping it's forests or jungles. Can this be partly fixed by changing the flavours of these techs to encourage more growth?

A player whose farmland is covered in forests has a problem, and starting on a tropical peninsula or island is a death sentence. Perhaps perhaps allow chopping forests at crafting (Indians used stone axes to cut trees for teepees and to clear land for cultivating), and allow chopping jungles at bronze working instead, or at least allow both at bronze working.

Windmills and watermills are end-game researched techs, but really don't give any end-game economic advantages compared to mines/cottages/farms. Perhaps make them available sooner (like at smelting or iron working?) and then improve their bonuses at engineering or machinery.

Bigben34

Lanun farms give no food. +1 with sanitatoion, so they should stay to coasts.

Top Bottom