[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Why if I have discovered All AI player, I see only my value in graphs into statistics?
Then, Into victory conditions, I can't see the actual situation about my enemies with Towers and Altar victories...it's possible to keep updated this dates?
These are bugs or knowed features?
Bye
Known features since the BtS-converion (I guess). It is a secondary part of the BtS espionage system.

We're going to add in the espionage system in "Shadow", so yes, there probably is a weakness in that you will not be getting information you used to get until we do.

After I modified Civ4BuildingInfos, halving the cost of the buildings, and Civ4UnitsInfos, halving the cost of the units, I've tried to play a new game, but when FFH2 is loading an error occurs and it starts saying something is wrong with this files. Where is my mistake? How is possible to modify the cost of building and units? Can someone help me, please?

Snake
That is simple modding and should not cause errors. Both BuildingInfos and UnitInfos have this line
" <iCost>360</iCost> " .

It could be a missplaced space like this
" <iCost> 360</iCost> "

or an erased like this
" <iCost>360/iCost> ".

Very small mistakes make the game unplayable.

ALWAYS copy before modding.

Cheers :goodjob:

It would be cool if you could add the air side of things,

Pegasus riders, griffon riders, manticor riders, wyvern riders, tarn riders, Eagle riders, Flying monkeys, Devinci's contraptions, Dragon Riders.
You could give certain archery units interception abilities, essentially making them more indespensible. As it is now there are several good archery units that are simply worth making because they are large powered units. More reasons to have combined arms.

Just a thought or two, may have already been covered in the 301 pages of this Mod. I have liked the air side of CIV IV,

Guess your biggest obsticle would be unit graphics? This already is a fun mod to play, so maybe balance would be an issue. Maybe I should STFU and just let you suprise us, that has worked great so far :)

Snake
That is simple modding and should not cause errors. Both BuildingInfos and UnitInfos have this line
" <iCost>360</iCost> " .

It could be a missplaced space like this
" <iCost> 360</iCost> "

or an erased like this
" <iCost>360/iCost> ".

Very small mistakes make the game unplayable.

ALWAYS copy before modding.

Cheers :goodjob:

Thank you for your reply, but I'm sure I didnt make such mistakes and I've tried twice. Of course, before I've saved the old files, and I know that it looks very simple modding this way, but when I launch the program the same message occurs: something wrong in a line of Civ4buildinginfos, while all units are wrong in the file Civ4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos, but I didnt make any changes in such a file. What is happened? As you are so kind, can you help me again?

@snake: this will be hard to troubleshoot for anyone, without more info

I would suggest you use a text file comparison tool (e.g. beyond compare trial version) to compare the working file with the non-working file. The changes will be highlighted and you might see the difference and the problem. You can even do a whole folder comparison with those kind of tools, in case you modified more than 1 file.

I think I saw a post on this issue, as I am not sure...

playing 0.25 patch K, and enjoying it - but two thing bother me currently:

1) Workers are really annoying, not ony building on nodes but also building on other resources. More ever - when using ARTE mines produce 1 more hammer, but still the damm workers replace it with windmill why? can it be modified?
There the leave old improvements option, but it will make the player micro manage every worker....

2) I loved the Mana side bar in 0.23, where did it go?

thanks!

Where is this patch "K", I only see a patch "I" in first post?

Did I miss it somewhere else???????????????
:confused: :rolleyes: :undecide: :help: :twitch: :wallbash: :dunno: :badcomp:

Oh That is an "L", my mistake.:blush: :hammer2:

@Snake
I am not so good at english, but I will try to help.

1. Make one little change in for example Granary, in BuildingInfos.
2. Do a test run. Start a new game. Play a few rounds. Build Granarys. No errors? Good.
3. Make a change in Warriors price in UnitInfos.
4. Test the game again. Build warriors. No errors?

Tips. Do small changes. Test. If the game crash its easyer to find why. Small changes is easyer to track. After hours of work you will make suicide if the game crash, becauce you will not find that little error.

:gripe: :aargh: :wallbash: :badcomp:[pissed] :suicide:

I have python exceptions enabled but i'm not getting any for an OOS error i keep getting while playing multiplayer games over the internet. After about 100 turns, both in patch K and then again in patch L, every turn I get everyone going OOS with each other. I am only playing with 2-3 people in the game and then filling it up to 19 total with AI. Sorry I can't be more specific and I'm not sure why my python exceptions aren't showing up. The only other clue is that I am creating and hosting the games and when i have 2 others join, they both are in sinc with each other but out of sinc with me.

-Kiri

Quick question, probably fairly noobish. Just started playing as the infernals, and this is the first time I've played any faction that starts at peace with the barbarians. How do I attack them, or declare war on them?

For those getting a crash when the game starts, try replacing your CvModEvents.py with the attached one. It keeps the movie from playing and will tell us if thie is your problem or not.

Attachments

• CvModEvents.zip
    10 KB · Views: 71
For those getting a crash when the game starts, try replacing your CvModEvents.py with the attached one. It keeps the movie from playing and will tell us if thie is your problem or not.

No dice, still crashes shortly after leaving the game setup screen. It seems to crash during the generation, as it only takes a second or two before crashing. I could reinstalling the mod without the media pack, if you think that would make any difference.

No dice, still crashes shortly after leaving the game setup screen. It seems to crash during the generation, as it only takes a second or two before crashing. I could reinstalling the mod without the media pack, if you think that would make any difference.

May be worth a try. Im not sure what else to check, its really hard for me to troubleshoot issues I cant reproduce.

When you go into the Pedia from the main menu and look at all the units and such does everything look correct?

May be worth a try. Im not sure what else to check, its really hard for me to troubleshoot issues I cant reproduce.

When you go into the Pedia from the main menu and look at all the units and such does everything look correct?

The thumbnails view of the units looks fine, but I tried clicking on a couple and it crashed both times (Great Merchant and Mud Golem).

EDIT: Interestingly, everything else I tried seemed to be ok in the civilopedia. And after clicking around for a while, I tried clicking links to unit entries, which seemed to work - and then when I went back to the top-level Units page, I could click on various units without crashing (including the ones I tried before). Seems bizarre to me, but I don't know how all this stuff works under the covers :)

I reinstalled the mod without the media pack, and it still crashes. :confused:

Top Bottom