[MOD] FexFX - Bigger & Longer

I agree on dropping the Google translations. Using that would only be an insult to the Spanish, Italians, French and German :)

I'm going to try you mod now, btw!

Well, as you may or may not know there is at least one new unit that can be added in without the SDK...The Bi-Plane...But most everything else will rely on the SDK for new units...The SDK and as you said, re-tooling existing stuff.

So then the vote is to duplicate the English into each language rather than leaving the other languages blank?

Ah-Ah...
Thanks for the offer but...
Are you sure you want to sign on for that? I am talking about making over 100 new techs and their accompanying Quotes, Civlopedia entries, Strategy texts, and Descriptive tags...

it's ok. I have a lot of free time and would like to give back to the comunity a little...

FexFX said:
Whoo-hoo! I just noticed my Mod has been downloaded over 100 times!

FexFX,

That is very good considering the Mod has only been available
for download some days.

I think you have a real winner here!

Rocoteh

FexFX said:
. Research lowered to 219% to make for an even 10% slower relative to the Timeline.
. Training, production and building costs all adjusted to be 1/6 (16%) faster relative to the Timeline. All costs are now 166% of Normal.
. Inflation changed to be more in line with production costs.
. Adjusted Culture to slow down cultural expansion to avoid premature cultural victory. Cultural growth is now (189%) 5% faster relative to the Timeline. Was 7.5% faster.

Is this for the FX-Epic only?

FexFX said:
Added FX-Grand(1000) mode. 1000 Turns. Tech Speed at (250%) 10% slower, Production speeds (181%) 1/5 (20%) faster, and Cultural Growth (216%) 5% faster relative to the Timeline.

So, are settings for the FX-Grand different?
Is it intended that production is more faster in Grand?

Does it mean that in essence we get 2 different "games" in nature?

- - -

I started a test of Grand: Prince, large, continents

Uhh, yes, for the first time in Civ4 I experience early ancient wars!
Against me!!! :eek:
Monty and Kublai got their chariots and rushed against my Spanish empire.
2 of my 4 cities are lost, perhaps the other 2 will survive...

BC 1336...

Well, I perished...
In around BC 700

I show you a document of Monty, attacking my last stand...

Attachments

• Monty is not kidding.JPG
    Monty is not kidding.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 403
Heheh...Yah It makes it a way different game doesnt it?

And yes to answer your earlier question, FX-Grand and FX-Epic do feel different
In some ways FX-Grand feels "faster" than FX-Epic.

Production rates in Grand are faster relative to the timeline than FX-Grand even tho prodution costs in FX-Grand are more...

Even tho you died, I hope you enjoyed the feel of the game and were not put off by the computer ammassing an army like you'd never have seen in the standard game...

Well, this one game was too short to get the real feel,
but yes, I like the fact of ancient wars.

AI was not to set as aggressive by this mod, I suppose... (?)

It was on Prince - maybe next time I will set to Noble

I prefer Noble to all the other modes because its the closest you get to an even match between the AI and the player because the handicapping is near even.

FexFX said:
I prefer Noble to all the other modes because its the closest you get to an even match between the AI and the player because the handicapping is near even.

I play on Noble level for the same reason.
To play against AI on higher levels would be interesting if
it really was smarter, but it just get more of everything and
research faster.

Rocoteh

Exactly! Its not that the AI gets "Better" or takes more time, or even thinks ahead more turns at a time (that's how chess programs rate difficulty...by the number of turns they think ahead) it just gets MORE. More production bonuses, more units, etc...its just not fair! :cry:

Heheh
Well I'm not really upset, I just play on Nobel.
:crazyeye:

Great to see a ready done mod like this! I didn't quite like the pace of the original game, so I followed the thread on the general modification forums, however there was no clear solution to be had there. Tried to tweak bit myself, but it was no good.
Will try this out now, the changes and ratios in the mod sound very good! Thanks FexFX :goodjob:

Happy to hear your enthusiasm!

I am still looking forward to hearing from those who have completed full games on FX-Grand & FX-Huge to see how the late game goes...I've spent very little time playing this week as I am drilling down on my next mod...

Hooray! Between here and Apolyton this mod has had over 200 downloads in just 4 days!

FexFX said:
Hooray! Between here and Apolyton this mod has had over 200 downloads in just 4 days!

FexFX,

That is very good stats!

Suggestion on some naval units to introduce in the next version:

Ship of the Line
Light Cruiser
Heavy Cruiser
Nuclear Submarine (SSN)
Nuclear Carrier

Rocoteh

Top Bottom