Mod for clearer Miasma?

See post #7. You'll need to edit config.ini, though I'm not sure where it'll be for a Mac installation.

(The files they replace are packed in the fpk's, these won't actually overwrite anything)

doh!

How did I miss that? I'll give that a shot. Thanks. :)

doh!

How did I miss that? I'll give that a shot. Thanks. :)

Hmm, I tried putting it directly inside the assets folder, assuming you meant that, and everywhere reasonable I could think of, in case you didn't, and nothing worked. Even tried starting a new game in case it would only show up for new ones. Oh, well.

Yes, anywhere in the game's Assets folder should work when LooseFilesOverridePAK is set to 1. The same technique also worked for someone I know for Mac Civ5, so I assume it should work similarly in Mac BE...

EDIT: I assume you unzipped the files?

Yes, anywhere in the game's Assets folder should work when LooseFilesOverridePAK is set to 1. The same technique also worked for someone I know for Mac Civ5, so I assume it should work similarly in Mac BE...

EDIT: I assume you unzipped the files?

Yes. I tried both just dropping the files in and leaving them in the folder you put them in and dropping that in and neither worked.

Aha! I figured it out! The key is that it will recognize the file if it's newer. The problem is your files predate the ones from the Mac release, so it doesn't recognize them. I just used the terminal to modify their modification dates to something in December, and everything's hunky dory now! :)

Very pretty, btw. :)

Here's a good guide on how to change the dates, for anyone who's interested.

http://www.maxwhale.com/how-to-change-the-last-modified-and-creation-dates-of-file-on-mac/

BTW, I initially tried opening the files with GraphicConverter and resaving them without intentionally changing them, which would seem like it should work, but it corrupted them somehow, apparently. They showed up, but were they's white meshy-looking things.

If anyone can figure out where the miasma files have gotten to in BERT, I'd love to know. Files with these names apparently no longer exist. A search for "miasma" turned up nothing, too.

There's an updated base texture in...

..\Resource\dx11\Expansion1EffectsTextures.fpk

I've just gotten BE, so I'm not sure what's changed. Was looking to edit those as well as soon as I'm up to speed with the dxt4 format issue.

Is anyone able to override the miasma texture as of BERT? I'm not seeing any change despite having a newer loose file in /assets and the proper setting in config.ini.

Top Bottom