Mod Help

taijex

Chieftain
Can anyone help me figure out why I subscribe to mods and they never get shown in game. I start BERT, go to mods, and they are not there.

Windows... Trying to use mods that have been updated for BERT

Thanks in advance

I figured out how to get the mods manually.

seems that steam downloads them, but doesnt put them in the right place at all.

I looked for new files and saw the mods I wanted with the civbemod extension. I expanded them using 7zip into a folder with the exact name of the mod, case counts I think.

Then I moved those expanded folders to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\MODS]

Now the mods show up, but strange that they wont update and they will never get there by themselves.

That's indeed weird. Are you perhaps playing with Steam in offline mode? I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization : General Modding Discussion

Playing in online mode, that's how when I subscribe, the steam folder actually gets the mod downloaded.

I'm thinking it has something to do with my documents being in a redirected folder via group policy in windows.

But I can't prove it.

If your My Documents is redirected using Windows's built-in feature, then it should not cause a problem, because I also have My Documents on a different drive.

Top Bottom