1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Mod Ideas:Civilization 5: Colonies Lost To Time

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Howard Tafty, May 24, 2015.

1. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Question:
    Why does is the musketman's boost is so small?

2. Howard Tafty

Howard Tafty Minister-Chairman

Because it can already found Cities on other continents. Post-Industrial is basically you spamming these, also completely new revamped OP

3. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

A question I have: What's the "cost" of a naval trade route?

4. Howard Tafty

Essentially thier base yields, anyways OP is further updated with a few design changes from some old designs including something I borrowed from one of Scapegraces designs which I thought was perfect for some of my civs. I also might have expressed intrest on doing some South American colonial civs so if you or anybody else has got anything to put on the table? (considering your experience and knowledge) it is much appreciated.

5. Hoop Thrower

Well, as I said, Kleine Venedig, France Antartique or Dutch Brazil are interesting options well within the thematics of your civ packs. Not so much the "chilean" dutch colony unless you wanna do an April Fool's civ. :p

In any case, I'd have an easy time doing research for all the civs mentioned beforehand. So up to you.

6. Howard Tafty

Heres some art to keep you people acknowledging my existence:
    Spoiler :

Anyways december release hype yay! :p

7. Howard Tafty

HUGE STUFF FOR YOU:
    Spoiler :

8. Hoop Thrower

Hm... I think the backdrop of the leaderscene would look better without the people there.

9. Natan35

His hair reminds me of the SPQR symbol. He needs resizing.

(OFC I'm a jerk and I can't help you)

10. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

So, I decided the remake the icons in the OP using Sukitract's template in order to have them fit better alongside Firaxis's, and also make the more generic ones less similar to other civs. Would you be interested in using them?
    Spoiler :

11. Howard Tafty

the 1st and 3rd and 4th icons I will definitely use as they have a much better asthetic to them. the Nyasaland Protectorate will probably be dropped in exchange for a simply much more blobier British South Africa under Lord Milner as he essentially was one of the larger figures in colonial history and presided over the Anglo-Boer War, one of the key conflicts in the British Overseas Empire at the time.

12. DarthStarkiller

DarthStarkiller King

Here's the rest of the stuff you need, plus slightly different versions of Algeria and Indochina because I realised I'd uploaded the wrong versions.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

By the way, question: signature says Alfonso XII, OP says Alfonso XIII. Which one is it? I assume XII, since the other one was the reason Spain lost it's empire and the second republic happened.

13. Ragamuffin

Ragamuffin Warlord

A very small man? Or an average sized man with very high pants?

14. Howard Tafty

Oops noticed that but its actually Alfonso XIII because he generally industrialized the Kingdom and was one of the more popular Bourbon Kings to come out of the Restoration and it also coincides design wise because he presided over a period known as Modernisme which initiated the construction of palaces, cathedrals and other architectural marvels which kinda exemplifies the UA I made in my design thread. (which reminds me I should probably bring it over)

Whatever you imagine but presumably of average size.

EDIT: Also I'm currently trying to add support for the Enlightment Era what is the riflemen equivalent in the mod exactly? I know its either the Skirmisher or the Light Infantry but I'm not sure.

15. Hoop Thrower

Line Infantry. Skirmisher is the ranged one.

16. Lavilledieu

Lavilledieu Chieftain

May I post an idea for the Maltese Colonies?

UA Citadels can perform attacks as cities (instead of the 30 damage) and yield 2 prod 1 faith
    Melee units trained in small islands (max 3 tiles) gain free siege promotion.
    +3 prod in non-conquered cities 20 tiles from your capital

UB Priory (temple replacement), extra effects: when 12 or more population, receive 2 gold and +10% unit production

UU Lieutenant-Governor (not a replacement): viewed as a military guy, but has no strengh. When stationed in a other than the capital, yields 2 happiness and 2 gold. (Pay attention: in those cities you cannot station a soldier)

Based on the info found on wikipedia. Lastsword has the codes I think for the attacking citadel and the tile check.

17. OrderofOlav

OrderofOlav King of Procrastination

Hey high pants were all the rage, also the people are there as per request. At first I did not like the idea but now I got to say I am really fond of it now and will not remove them. I get that their quality might look a bit off here, but that is partly because of the size adjustment. Hey also, French people are small, especially when you are used to Dutch people :p

But I will adjust some things, thanks for the critique.

18. Howard Tafty

So yeah I'd thought I would give a small update that French Algeria is somewhat close to being released all it really needs is a UB icon for the Cadi and a skin and Icon for the Zouave which (hopefully) I'll ask Hypereon or Jan or somebody if I can borrow them from Hypereon's Second French Empire. I've also decided share the most recent project in development the Kingdom of Spain to see if theres any solid pointer or tips someone has about the design:

19. Natan35

UA's first part is very similar to JFD's Poland revision, though I can see the synergy between the various components: getting extra benefits from culture is always nice.

20. Hoop Thrower