[MOD] MaxRigaMod - video+1901-1941-1961-2001 scenar.

This is a WW2 scenario of Europe for maxriga mod 5.It takes place at the beggining of the war and the Axis are invading Poland,Denmark,Norway,France,Yugoslavia and Africa.The nations are:
Third Reich
Italy
Great Britain
France
Allied Nations
USSR
Muslim Nations
Turkey
Spain
Neutral Nations

Link to download:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/WW2_RIGA.zip

you got a real annoying thing , the workers are vanish once a project is finish and it's real bad for the gameplay
workers bug , any comment max ?
will you fix it ?
thanx

this is not the bag, it stays since if worker builds farm or mine some1 must work there ;)

make a post in scenarios section of this forum;)
but u have to fix lot of bugs, for example, it's not starting in maxrigamod :)

yeah but not the workers !
they build , the people who work there are from the city that near it , it's not accurate and reall bad for gameplay

please change it or a small how to

thanx maxriga

This is a WW2 scenario of Europe for maxriga mod 5.It takes place at the beggining of the war and the Axis are invading Poland,Denmark,Norway,France,Yugoslavia and Africa.The nations are:

Looks like a really good scenario. create a post for it in scenario. You should also put a hitler pic in as the leader and give the germans the nazi flag...and do they have to be yellow???

otherwise looks good.

Hi, are you planning to implement dale's combat mod into your mod ? It would be awesome

hello max, I have just installed your mods and I write to you to think that it is unplayable. I do not understand why but it much of bugs. have a response for me there please? :(
Adam

hello max, my version of civ4 is 1.61.
the version of your mods is the last in your internet site and the language of my civ4 is french

Played the 1941 scenario last weekend. USA, monarch.

Interesting setup, I like especially like the fact that workers are used after terraforming and it takes a huge amount of turns to do so.

The war against Japan was (too?) straight forward. The AI is really bad in handling its fleets and whatever numerical advantage it held at the start of the scenario didn't do a lot in the end. The AI tends to leave its sea units alone, making them easy pick for hit and run tactic using classic SOD gameplay.

This reminds me of the same gameplay problems I've experienced in similar CivIII mods/scenarios. A few things that should be done:

1) Sea units cannot leave and enter a sea port in the same turn. They must stay at sea a full turn. This gives a chance for the AI to counter-attack your fleets.

2) Implement some form of stacking limit for sea units. A stack with 2-3 BBs, 2-3 CAs and 1-2 CV with full implement of fighters is way too strong in the current state of the mod.

3) Sub needs tweaking. I would remove their ability to see other sub. In fact, the only unit that should be able to see and attack sub should be destroyers and air units. Also, I would give sub the ability to choose their target in a stack.

For reason I don't understand, when sub attack a stack with sub in it, the defender is always a sub. That's just silly. The changes mentionned above should correct this.

4) I'm sure for the sake of simplicity, or my lack of knowledge of latter units, there a just a few type of air units at the beginning of the scenario. For carrier, I recommend a unique type of fighters which would represent a combination of interceptor, dive bombers and torpedo bomber. Land based fighters should be different than carrier based one's.

However, the introduction of land-based naval bomber units would be nice. Perform at -50% against land target, cannot bomb infrastructure/improvement/cities and normal strength against naval units.

5) Restrict the range of air units when rebasing. Make it like 2 or 3 times their operationnal range. I shouldn't be able to rebase air units from the pacific to the atlantic in a single turn.

6) Considering the size of the Pacific map, I feel that sea units have too many movement points. It's too easy to move around with big stacks. Air power does not reflect well either in the current setup. Their range of sea units is too high compared to the range of carrier based fighters. It would be nice to have carrier fleet engaging each other with their air power but they are unable for classic fleet action because they wouldn't have enough movement points to engage each other with sea units.

The pacific theater of operation for WWII was all about air power. Currently, carrier based air units do not have the range to attack an enemy fleet without retaliation by normal sea unit. Carrier move at 4, fighter attack at 3; effectively a range of 7 which is a range easily attainable by cruiser and sub since they move at 6.

7) Sea units have too much line of sight. Again, this is especially obvious since the pacific area is not that big. I would restrict the LOS of all sea units to 1, set it to 1 also for fighters, remove that option for bombers. It would be nice to have more a sense of hide and seek in the ocean with sea units. This would greatly increase the value of intelligence: the first side to spot the enemy fleet increase its odds to inflict damage on key enemy units.

8) If the above is done, introduce air units that can only perform recon mission

9) The tech tree is confusing. I would remove all early tech that are shared by all countries and redesign the dependencies. In its current state, it is very difficult to understand the dependencies. They are too many lines.

hey Darth
i'm glad u like the mod in general way.
i will not answer all of ur question since u r asking/suggestion some stuff which one can't be done by me ( game doesn' allow it or u must be SDK/programmer to write new stuff for it ).
what i can answer is -
6) Considering the size of the Pacific map, I feel that sea units have too many movement points.
for small map i made - yes
but if u ( or any1 else ) make huge map/scenario? ;)

9) The tech tree is confusing. I would remove all early tech that are shared by all countries and redesign the dependencies. In its current state, it is very difficult to understand the dependencies. They are too many lines.
yes, this is pain in my neck too, i don't know how to fix it now :(

I have a question. For Version 5.1 of the mod will some jets for all sides be able to base on carriers? I think though that there should be a generic naval jet that the sides that don't have their own specific jet can use. However, I think it should be US should be able to base F-14, F-15 and F-18 on carriers, Russia and China the Mig-29 right through to the Mig-33, Britain should get a Harrier if one is available to use in the Jet Age, Argentina I think should be able to base the Mirage on a Carrier, and the left overs should have a unit named naval fighter even if it is just a re-named jet fighter. Oh and also could you do up a flag fix, all I am getting is team-colour flags, not I think what was intended at all. I hope this isn't too much work for you, however, it needs to be said that the carriers in 1961 shouldn't be stacked with ordinary fighters but with jet fighters. Maybe if someone does a unit of one of the early jet fighters it can be added into the mod for naval purposes.

in 5.1 it will stay same way as it is right now -
planes that can be based on carriers in my mod are - fighter, bf190a,zero, f14, Strike Fighter, f18, f35, mig29k, su33, su37 and some more ( take a look at UNITS page on my site )

however, it needs to be said that the carriers in 1961 shouldn't be stacked with ordinary fighters

agree, so, u just need to develop right techology ;)

Top Bottom