1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[MOD] Planet Roanoke, a/k/a all SMAC'ed up

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Padmewan, Apr 12, 2006.

1. jenks

jenks Prince

hey tdb thanks for the feedback :) i take it you played version 016 ?

- Myserious signals were recently switched for wreckage in v016, looks like ive forgot to change the text key tho!
    - Will have a look at the gold from wreckage thing for next update
    - the energy pulses will (currently) only come in from one direction ... plans to make this a bit more interesting soon ...
    - if the pulses stop its because either your faction reached Era II or its because they took over an enemy faction and made their own civilisation :)
    - 'Control' buildings (3/turn means you hit a bridge salvage, built a radio array, and your hq right?) ... more control to come in Era II, hopefully some wonders will do the same too!

2. tdb

tdb Warlord

Yup, 0.16b to be exact.

Which techs are era II? The pulses were coming for some time after I researched Organized Society and found my second base. And it's on the right-most column.

3. jenks

jenks Prince

ah ... well thats the thing ... no Era II techs are in yet :p (still being designed!), they mustve stopped in your game because an enemy faction was destroyed by the pulses :)

'c patch' (out later today) fixes include the 'bad text' you reported (mysterious signals)
    thx again!

cant seem to find the text to change "You have recieved X gold!" though :(

4. jenks

jenks Prince

Code:
    Roanoke 016 'PATCH C' - Includes all previous changes from patches a and b, and includes the new CvGameCoreDLL.dll and Lattice graphics
    Changelog:
    - fixed ctd in combat with units without combat values (reported by TBorg)
    - 8 cosmetic fixes for Irrigation / Aeration text 
    - 1 cosmetic fix for mysterious signal / wreckage text (reported by tdb)
    - adjusted food to sustain each population down to 2 from 3 (also base facility to produce minimum 2 rather than 3 food) 
    - removed 'fresh water lakes' of fibersea 
    - AI replacement EMP unit lowered to 4 strength
    - captured settlers now give a settler
    - adjusted yield for cold terrain to give 1 food (1,1,0) 
    - added text keys files, also added link keys for for terrain and features
    - removed 16 (!) vanilla improvement buildings
    - removed about 16 vanilla resources (*the rest are still 'to do')

5. tdb

tdb Warlord

Hm, I didn't get messages about any civilizations being destroyed. After exploring for a while, I did find one destroyed base though, maybe that was enough to have caused the disappearance of pulses?

How about this for the gold thing (result of grep -nri "received.*gold" XML):

XML/Text/CIV4GameTextInfos.xml:10303: <Tag>TXT_KEY_MISC_RECEIVED_GOLD</Tag>
    XML/Text/CIV4GameTextInfos.xml:10304: <English>[SPACE]You have received %d1_Num gold!</English>

6. jenks

jenks Prince

Im not 100% on how the 'Alien takeover' occurs, ive seen it happen and seen Barbarian cities ... maybe there is a bug there in whether the pulses destroy a city with a population of 1, and not taking it over ? Maybe needs more testing...

That text key Does the trick nicely :) Good find tdb: will be included in next patch !

7. tdb

tdb Warlord

Glad to know it helped. I can't do any graphics nor write stories, so I'll try to be of use in any way I can. This kind of stuff is rather trivial with the standard Linux tools.

8. Padmewan

Padmewan King

Thanks, tdb! I'm not sure when you're notified about a civ being destroyed -- it seems inconsistent to me whether you're notified or not about a civ you haven't met yet -- but Jenks is right; the Pulse attacks stop when any city is taken over by a Pulse.

In a near-future patch, building a resonance mask will end pulses for that city. Stay tuned...

..and thanks for that patch!

9. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Padmewan - Here is my very first 3ds max model to be put into Civ4. Let me know if this is what you had in mind for a pyramid resource.

I had a good pedia shot, but the screenie took a picture during game generation. :crazyeye:

10. jenks

jenks Prince

nice nice woodelf :) comes at a good time as well, we are currently discussing the 'native Roan' structures !

11. woodelf

woodelf Bard

Thanks jenks. When you guys decide how you want the Roan structures modeled let me know.

12. erikg88

erikg88 Warlord

I'm back from a vacation - what graphics/writing work needs to be done?

13. Padmewan

Padmewan King

Welcome back; I was afraid we lost you there!

I hate to throw something menial at you, but do you have a Gimp that does DDS/MipMaps properly? My new Lattice graphic is missing MipMaps, and that's causing all sorts of trouble. Jenks and I would be much in your debt.

And, of course, try out the newest version!

14. erikg88

erikg88 Warlord

I've got Photoshop with the nVidia plugins - that seems to do the mipmaps okay. Where can I find the texture in question?

15. Padmewan

Padmewan King

Try this (but note that Jenks fixed some problems with the XML file, so just look at the texture!)

Thanks -- and welcome back again :D

16. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

o.16!? Where is 0.16? all i see is the download for 0.15,please update your first and second post.

17. jenks

jenks Prince

18. jenks

jenks Prince

Nice to have you back eric :)

The bug we have atm is that the new lattice gfx in 016 (c patch) 'flash' when you move the screen around, see here for Pad's explanation

http://www.anderkoo.com/roanoke?fun...&forumOp=viewThread&forumPostId=102210#102210

Also can you do buttons? Were using duplicates of ones we already have, stolen pics, or ones which dont quite fit the SMAC feel of the other buttons if you can ? ...

'Bad' Buttons list :p :
    Biosynthesizer
    Communication Array (currently using what will probably be Psi Clinic, though this isnt in yet)
    Mayflower Barricades
    Mayflower Energy centre
    Mayflower Radio Station
    Resonance Cloak
    Varieties on the 6 various Energy Pulse units (both 'animal' pulses, the base attacking 'Energy Pulse', and all 'three' AI replacement units all use FfH's air elemental atm)
    Varieties on 5 Salvages / Civ Eng / Agribot buttons
    Button for Pentagon / Geothermal Vent / High Winds / Wreckage

19. jenks

jenks Prince

possible use for something like this in Roanoke Pad ?

(Probe unit can upgrade to)

Probe Team : set to investigate cities
    invisible, can pillage improvements
    ability to :

*build a comm jammer in enemy bases (-50% control per turn, -50% trade route yield, -10% defense, -1 happiness in base). Comm Jammers are then made obsolete by a 'Frequency Sweeper' building being built in the city

20. erikg88

erikg88 Warlord

Alright, I'm working away at that stuff.

Fixed the flickering lattice, got all the hover icons for resources all set, got a few buttons here. Also, got the Biohazard in for Mr. Yuck, and it looks pretty cool. I'll wrap up a few more buttons, then upload.