[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beschallung said:
It's from the Plotlist Button Enhancement mod and you can find info in it's readme in the Documentation\Inclusions folder.

--
Anyway, my game: Playing as Saladin of Arabia on Noble Difficulty:

Zorostrianism was founded by Egypt very soon, they obviously researched Mysticism first, and Dualism afterwards.

They also built a 2nd city in Israel/Jordania and cut me off of horses. :(
Considering the desert to the east I'm nearly forced to strike back with my Archers soon.
The barbarians to the north are not yet a problem, but sure as hell going to be. But from my gaming experience the Camel Archers should defeat them very fast. But for them I need horses, damnit.

@Beschallung,

Why do you need Horses for Camel Archers? Does that make sense? ;) Since there are no camels in game I made the Camel-Archers a bit more expensive but without Horse bonus req....BTW damn I should have done the same with USCavalry, I forgot about it -> Next release.

In this way, you get your Camel Archers and push back their Mounted Units easily.

@Rabitpulse

Let me guess you are just researching a Techonology that makes the following unit available OR you actually want to build these following units:
Catapult
Trebuchet
Artillery
Mechandized Infantry

If that is the case, I know the problem and can explain it to you.

@Los Tiranos
The Slave mod from Naf wasn't ready. He warned us about a bug and for this reason we haven't implemented it. Now it seems to be stable. So that will be in for the next release. The Bad People Mod, I have to re-analyze how cheesy it is and if it is worth it. ;)

Regarding Religions: All religion's spread rate will be nerfed about 50%.
I will make a suggestion later...

Houman

Thanks for listening to my suggestions Houman.

Plotlist Button Enhancement mod ..ok ..thanks

I can't seem to get CivScale to work with the update of this mod. Is is compatible?

Houman[/QUOTE]

@Rabitpulse

Let me guess you are just researching a Techonology that makes the following unit available OR you actually want to build these following units:
Catapult
Trebuchet
Artillery
Mechandized Infantry

If that is the case, I know the problem and can explain it to you.

Houman[/QUOTE]

Yeah that is most likely the problem, i do believe it is happening now while i am researching construction. I can't say for certain for the previous games because i can get them to load (get to setup players, goes back to init graphics and crashes) I would be very interested to hear what your solution is to this problem.

Map updated and ready to go! :)

Hello,
To begin, sorry for my poor english, i'm french.
My first question: how to use the "inquisitor"? what is his goal?:confused:
Second question: I only got 1.5 G RAM and i always crash around the years 800-1000. What is the (fu....) problem ?:sad: :cry:
To conclude, there is a script problem for some religious Zoroastrian building.
Meanwhile, GREAT MOD.:)
THX.
The Frog.

Hmm, I have the D2D version of Civ 2 and Fileplanet being the Idiots they are got rid of the 1.52 patch. Is there any likelyness of this ever being updated to 1.61 ?

Doesnt look like ill be getting to play this awesome mod. :( :( :(

@Houman: Yes, I've recognized it myself, I mixed up the Camel Archers with the Ansar Warriors.
Though it's not important anymore, I already seized the Egypt town with normal archers, and seized Assyria and Babylon aswell. Good thing I rushed into war, soon I'd have had problems.
Meanwhile I founded Judaism and boy it has some spreadrate. It spread to 5 towns in under 15 turns.

Here are the years religions have yet been founded:
  • Zorostrianism: 3320BC Egypt
  • Judaism: 2180BC Me, Arabia
  • Hinduism: 1800BC Civ yet unknown (probably Isabella)

@godpuppet: Of course there will be an update to 1.61 but it takes time for sure.

Outstanding Mod! One question.

Will CivScale 2.0 work with 1.0?, t worked fine with .07208

I can't get it to work with 1.0.

any help or feedback would be appreciated.

I love the Mod, But am really annoyed, I am at the stage of getting currency, I am loving this game I am playing and now everytime I click for a new terms screen goes black goes out and then gives the dont send, send error report error, And it happens every time... I can load the game fine but cannot continue at all..

Please if you have a solution can you share it, I was so into this current game and its really harsh for this to happen

Thanks
Chris

P:S - I am one turn away from Currency and also some of my cities are one turn away from building a catapult, What is the solution for THIS?
Thanks again

Edit 2: Sorry for all these edits :p, Just prefer not to make new posts, Well Me changhing building catapult that was about to be built in 3 cities stopped the game crashing, I wonder if it sonly when they are being buiolt or on the map? I should try and put them on using editor...

Edit 3: As soon as i place a catapult on the screen the game crashes instantly

Hi all.

Firstly thanks a lot to all concerned for the modpack and the individual mods within it.

I seem to be having some problems getting it to work though. Parts of the mod are clearly working; for example the modified tech tree and alterations to the 7 religions and the special religious units.

Other parts appear to be not working. The perks and traits from the promotions mod don't seem to appear on new units at all, although they are listed in the sevopedia and available to allocate through the world builder. Also the training barracks mod does not appear to be working since new units appear with 4 experience points in a city with a barracks.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Do parts of the mod need to be activated specially?

For info: I have a completely vanilla installation of Civ4 patched to 1.52 only. I have the mod unpacked in the mods directory and I'm choosing to activate it from the game interface itself using the Load a Mod option and then starting a new game.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok to field some questions and concerns......

@ Hian, The inquisitor will remove religions that are not the state religion from the city you build it in and wont allow any religions to spread to that city while it is there.

Concerning your crash.... are you using the World Map? We need more details like were you are in the Tech Tree what were you building and can you give us more info on the script errors on the Zoroastrianism buildings you mentioned.

@ godpuppet, Yes we will be doing an update to the new version but it will take awhile to analyze and then make the changes. I will put the Patch here and into the Mod Folder tonight for those who want it.

@ Beschallung, Thanks for your feedback. Yeah have to be kinda aggressive at the start on this map but it is Realistic after all. :) As for the spread Rates you have noticed that ourselves and will be reducing them probably by 50% or so. I am at the moment testing an increase in the cost of the Religious Tech to adjust their probable discovery dates as I have found that those dates are typical and a little early.

@ cdcool, Thanks for the compliment and can you give as link to the CivScale Mod. I have tried to find more info about it but came up short. I will have to let Houman field this one as I don't know what could have change from the old version to this one that would prevent you from using it. There is a file and instructions included in the Mod pack in with the Regiment Mod folder to reduce the scale of units without having to use the whole Regiment Mod. I would also like to see this included as an option in the Mod so we will work on it.

@p2parchive, That is an interesting bug there though I have had no problem making or using Cats but that was in my other game before I DL the complete Mod pack that you all DL so I will test it out tonight and see if I get the same error.. We need some more info as in are you using the World Map and anything else you can give us. You might want to wipe the MOD and re-download it and start another game and try using the worldbuilder to place some Cats and see if you get the same thing. It might be related to the same issue that Rabid is having and hopefully Houman already has a fix. :)

@Pedantica, I am not sure about the perks and traits but the promotions are definitely in and will have to let Houman address this issue more. As for the training barracks we had to take them out as it was not working properly and just included regular barracks back in. It is something we are looking at to address so you are doing nothing wrong.

@Everyone........... Thank you for your interest in this MOD and your continued support. Please continue with the Bug reports and the Feed back so we can continue to Balance and improve this Mod. I would particularly like some feed back on the Different Civ's you play with regard to Time lines of founding Religious and Key Techs (Era changing). Also would like to hear about how the Map plays in-regard to Resource placement. Are the Civ's staying close in score and strength or are any pulling way ahead and Are you Finding Your particular CIV to Easy/Hard, please base all of this feedback off the noble difficulty as that is where we need to balance the game. Again Thank you for your help and support.

Nightravn said:
@Pedantica, I am not sure about the perks and traits but the promotions are definitely in and will have to let Houman address this issue more. As for the training barracks we had to take them out as it was not working properly and just included regular barracks back in. It is something we are looking at to address so you are doing nothing wrong.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

The things from the promotions that I was expecting to see were the special purple and green promotions that you occasionally got with new units; stalwart, heavy, hero etc. I played Greenmod before, which I think used the same underlying promotions mod, and new units would occasionally receive these promotions. Should they be in this mod or were they specifically removed for balance or compatibility?

The problems with the crashes are easily solvable. Ther reason behind it is that I have given these units additional crew member to load and unload the catapults, trebucet and artillery. Under Regiment Mod it will be working fine because of the down scale of units, under normal scale this comes to crash.

A patch will be provided soon.
Houman

Perks (violet) are not given and will be removed in the next release. (ballance issues) Only Green traits might be possible to obtain. as a rule, what you see in Civilopedia is not always what you get. hehe sometimes you get more, sometimes less. ;) We will remove them though no worries.

In Next patch an optional file for downscale will be provided. We will remove the Regiment Mod completeley. Even people with 2 GB Ram have problems with it. So only normal size or optional downscaled size shall be available.

Houman

Pedantica said:
Hi all.

Firstly thanks a lot to all concerned for the modpack and the individual mods within it.

Thanks.

I seem to be having some problems getting it to work though. Parts of the mod are clearly working; for example the modified tech tree and alterations to the 7 religions and the special religious units.

Good so far...

Other parts appear to be not working. The perks and traits from the promotions mod don't seem to appear on new units at all, although they are listed in the sevopedia and available to allocate through the world builder.

Hmm. Not sure what this is about. Most new units will not get perks/traits. Stacked units will get stacking perks/traits, and you can buy traits with XP. Can you tell us what the expected behaviour in a given example scenario is? I mean that isn't working properly?

Also the training barracks mod does not appear to be working since new units appear with 4 experience points in a city with a barracks.

We have temporarily reversed the whole "barracks give XP over time" notion, as it wasn't working. Once we figure out what the problem is, we'll reinstate it. For now, we just re-enabled the default behaviour of barracks, so they wouldn't be wasted buildings.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? Do parts of the mod need to be activated specially?

Hmm. Houman?

For info: I have a completely vanilla installation of Civ4 patched to 1.52 only. I have the mod unpacked in the mods directory and I'm choosing to activate it from the game interface itself using the Load a Mod option and then starting a new game.

Nope, that's what I use. I'm not sure. If you could give us some specific scenarios and examples, that would help.

Israfil.

I will wait than you update the mod to 1.61

The Perks and Traits were given by this "small" chance that a Unit could obtain after each turn. The problem was that the algorithm was messed up and the Units got not only perks and traits but also normal blue promotions in masses.

So we turned it down and removed that. Since then everything works great. The new stack trait isn't owerpowered either and you still can resist them.

We *might* fix the code and reintegrate them, if we have time, but right now the promotion is working great and there are other priorities. ;)

Houman

Hi guys I'm new here!
It's a lot of time I visit this forum but thanx to this great mod I want to give my own little contribution to this amazing work, with a little feedback.
Playing the mod I realized how the managing of the money has become harder expecially at the start of the game. You have to build up a big army very soon, because AI seems to be a lot more aggressive now, but there is very little chances to get money until you can build villages (or towns? Sorry I'm italian and of course all the game is translated in italian language); with the mod you can build them only after discovering "monarchy". All the modded matches I started I had to discover Monarchy as soon as possible, and this didn't give me the chance to try different research strategies. I think it was better to have the chance to build villages earlier, just after discovering ceramics (but, of course, it's a personal opinion). Has anyone had money troubles at the start of the match, just like me?
The second thing I wanted to say is that it seems the game doesn't consider the money available to the AI. In the last game I played I had a war against Sladin. I conquered all his cities except the capitol one. I made a peace treaty with him thinking that now his nation was so little and without any rich reasourse; so I was sure I would be able to conquer his last city soon. BUT: while I had to face financial troubles and had to take leave half of my army, Saladin built up more than 15 units to defend his capitol. He had no villages, no gold mines, no commerce with anyone... how could he afford so a big garrison? :confused:
Maybe this is a game bug, not a mod one. What do you think about it?

Thank's for the mod! thanx for your work! and sorry for my awful english!

I too have had inexplainable events like this. Cities with no mines building units in two turns. AI armies seeming to never suffer financial difficulty. But i encountered it in the original game. The AI also seems to build its first warrior faster than human players.

Im loving the assassin and informant units though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom