[MOD] Realism:The Third Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great to make it so inquisition does work in other civs cities but it annoys them greatly. :lol: -1 or -2 to relations per cleansing of the heathens.

Could you imagine how angry someone like Isabella would be if you beat back her religion in her own country?:rotfl:

AvianAvenger said:
Inqesition does not work in cities that are not your own :(

I hope that was a joke. Think about what you have just said. :lol:

How can you do a inquisition in a FOREIGN country?

@All

I discovered 3 bugs:

1) For some odd reasons the Raze city option is still active. SiInce we have a different option of razing cities; this should have been truened off. :(

2) Hyapist doesn't need copper to be trained and comes with Brozeworking and it is weaker than Axeman who needs copper. If a nation has been cut off from Copper thats a way to fight back. However it cost the same as a Axeman. This will in balance the game, since you train as fast Hyapists as Axeman. The cost should be lowered from 40 to 35. I had missed that.

3) The Cataphtracts are coming way too early. They should need copper or Iron (unlike the Knights who only need Iron) however they should be available with Iron working. Because otherwise who is going to build Axeman or Hyapist if they can build the much stronger Cataphtracts? Balance issue

4) Immortal comes too late and is worthless in the game. It cannot replace the Hyapist and has to move back to Archery. Cost will go down from 40 to 30 (normal Archer is 25).

We collect bug fixes until next weekend and provide a new patch.

Thanks
Houman

Houman said:
How can you do a inquisition in a FOREIGN country?

Well first you walk across the borders... then kill they're religious leaders. :lol:
... i was actually refering to the fact that you can waste the unit trying.

It should be aloud but should generate unhappyness between two civs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Inquisition
I've mentioned that particular scenario before about the cathars

After the 13th Century, the Inquisition spread northward to Germany and Scandinavia. In northern Europe the Inquisition was considerably more benign: in the Scandinavian countries it had hardly any impact (although northern Europe had its own institutions such as the "witchhunt"). The Inquisition was never instituted in England, but Christopher Columbus carried it with him to the New World. It existed in the crown of Aragon during this period, but not elsewhere in the Iberian peninsula.
The romans did it to the french then it spred to other countries mentioned abouve, Inquisition's are not limited to a country, they move around and pursue the so called heritics. It was a method of gaining control over surrounding regions. the romans saw non-cathlic's as something that defied them.

The only thing you shouldn't be aloud to do is to do it to a holy city... that could potentially ruin the game.

Well i support this idea. Fun AND realistic. Its insidious, so its been done.

When engaging in a nice religious war i always go for a swift strike at their capital and then their religious capital. If the city is both it is a serious strike to morale, no, their very identity.

It kicks the guts out of human players and they typically despair and resign. Leaderless they are easy prey. The AI has never been able to recover.

But it would be great to be able to stop the spread of another civs religion beyond your borders. Now im off to use those nice new assassins.

@Houman, what do you think of the naf4ever's slavery idea?

I juts have 1 question does the game always start in 880bc or is it a bug, I am playing a custom game btw.Thanks

Where do I go to find out what those tiny new icons are for?

I like the trees in the mountains. It makes it a little harder to find the passes in the mountainous regions. (Maybe I'm just getting old and easier to confuse.)

You know i have no idea either. Just something the modders liked i suppose. What they do is a mystery to me.

v 1 not copm. whit pach 1.61?

jbolton0421 said:
Where do I go to find out what those tiny new icons are for?

I like the trees in the mountains. It makes it a little harder to find the passes in the mountainous regions. (Maybe I'm just getting old and easier to confuse.)

I think, it's from the Strategy mod. Seems like formation buttons and healing buttons or something like it.

Anyway, more bugs:
  • Arabia has no starting techs! (Should be Mysticism and Wheel)
  • Under the Victory Condiitions screen, the UN-Resolutions screen shows txt-blabla stuff.

Is the Foreign Advisor supposed to have no "Glance" tab anymore? If so, why?

Nadin Bytefelt said:

To read is a gift isn't it?

Beschallung said:
I think, it's from the Strategy mod. Seems like formation buttons and healing buttons or something like it.

Anyway, more bugs:
  • Under the Victory Condiitions screen, the UN-Resolutions screen shows txt-blabla stuff.

Thanks for the bug report though the NO starting techs is not a bug as we have removed all starting techs to help with the Time line and to give all CIV's equal footing.

Beschallung said:

Not sure on the glance tab thing will have to have Houman address that.

Beschallung said:
Nadin Bytefelt said:

To read is a gift isn't it?

LOL but to answer the question....... No this Mod in not compatabile with the New patch at least not yet.

@houman
I was thinking some more about what i said up top about the inqisitions & the information from the wiki, and this is what i really think they should be like:

My Change Recommendations
Inqisitions:
- Buildable only in holy city / apply to missionaries as well
- Able to be used on any civ as long as you have open borders
- Spreads the religion to the region if not present (not sure if they already do this)

Reasons Why:
- prevent entire world falling to whatever religion is founded first, like current
- makes it so that the further away from the holy city the religion gets: more unstable, less influence, less control of.
- makes it possible to use religion more tacticfully like the romans did.
- nerf religion bonus aspects
- it will make more civ's want to be the founders of a religion.. as only the civ who has the holy city will control that religion

Arabia has no starting techs! (Should be Mysticism and Wheel)
All civs are like that now... its a good thing, prevents imbalances with the changes in the technology tree.

When engaging in a nice religious war i always go for a swift strike at their capital and then their religious capital. If the city is both it is a serious strike to morale, no, their very identity.
A religious war should be more than just smacking the ~.. well u know out of the enemy, with those implemented it should become more.

Beschallung said:

No, there are from 12Monkeys Plotlist 2.0.

Anyway, more bugs:

• No civ has starting techs anymore. We should change the words in there...

Yeah we switched from Exotic Foreign Advisor to Enhanced Foreign Advisor. Did you really used that Glance option? ;)

Cheers
    Houman

One major bug.

@Nightravn, the game doesn't pick up the Game options if we play the world map. Like options:
Option=GAMEOPTION_AGGRESSIVE_AI
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_TECH_TRADING

We forgot to put this is there as well. ;)
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING

Houman

Houman said:
@Nightravn, the game doesn't pick up the Game options if we play the world map. Like options:

those worked for me :crazyeye:

Houman said:
One major bug.

We forgot to put this is there as well. ;)
Option=GAMEOPTION_NO_CITY_RAZING

Houman

I will put the No city razing in when I get home but wont't that disable the demo troop that does it now. Not really sure how that is implemented so I'm just guessing here.

Those other options are in and work just fine. :)

Why no city razing? Many cities throughout history have been razed to dust. Its not an option i ever use, because sometimes a (holy) city has to go.
These options can be just changed back but i was just wondering why, from your view?

Hi I like this mod a lot but there was one problem that has cropped up since all of the new resources were added. Let me know if this has been fixed in the latest version. It seems that with all of the new resources, happiness and health become completely meaningless. In other words what's the point of building any buildings that improve health and happiness or having the expansionist trait when all your cities have at least twice the amount of health and happiness that they need just from resources. Perhaps unhapiness should be doubled, or alternatively, only every second rescource should give happiness and health. I think I favour the second option because otherwise it becomes too easy to destroy a civilization simply by cutting of their access to rescources. I think option two was what the mod Total Experiece did to solve the problem and it worked quite well. Anyways great mod so far. I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

There is still City Razing possible but we have just implemented it differently. It now costs you money to raze a city and some other features that I will have to let Houman explain as I don't know them all. But it is still possible, I am just not sure if we put that game option in if we will still be able to use the new method.

PolyBomber said:
Hi I like this mod a lot but there was one problem that has cropped up since all of the new resources were added. Let me know if this has been fixed in the latest version. It seems that with all of the new resources, happiness and health become completely meaningless. In other words what's the point of building any buildings that improve health and happiness or having the expansionist trait when all your cities have at least twice the amount of health and happiness that they need just from resources. Perhaps unhappiness should be doubled, or alternatively, only every second resource should give happiness and health. I think I favor the second option because otherwise it becomes too easy to destroy a civilization simply by cutting of their access to resources. I think option two was what the mod Total Experience did to solve the problem and it worked quite well. Anyways great mod so far. I look forward to seeing what the future holds.

Are you playing the World Map or a random map?

You shouldn't have this problem in the World map though health is a little more abundant as I have tried to distribute the resources around to promote trading.

In the game I am currently playing as the English (to test the financial trait changes) and I have been running into lots of happiness and some health problems forcing me to build granaries and temples. I also had to switch to Heredity Rule for extra happiness as I hit my caps.

Now with that being said I do suggest that we take a look at some of these new resources an make some changes to them Like NAF is doing in is Ultimate Strategy Mod. Maybe have Salt give a modifier to food and coffee makes a new building called coffee houses for extra commerce and maybe research bonuses. We can take a look at some of these resources and adjust their uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom