Mod recommendations for gigantic games?

Psyringe

Scout
Hi! I'm enjoying Civ6 and would like to recreate a gigantic type of game that I enjoyed in previous Civ titles. This will require mods, but I seem to have trouble finding and/or deciding on the ones that fit this purpose best. So I'm asking for your recommendations - all suggestions are welcome!

Here's what I'm looking for:

• Compatibility: Full game with both expansions and all DLC. (If you know a mod that fits my criteria, but hasn't been updated for Gathering Storm yet, please mention it as well, I may add it later.)
  • Map Generation: much bigger maps with huge numbers of civs, without wrecking distribution ratios for terrain and resources. Fine-tuning options are welcome.
  • Game Speed: comparable to Epic or Marathon (or slower), but with more time given especially to later stages of the game. While the current game speed options let me slow down the earlier stages, the later ones still fly by too fast and I don't feel the weight of new discoveries.
  • Religions: More full religions to roughly maintain a 3:1 ratio of religions to civs, even with a huge number of civs on the map.
  • UI: Much more information, e.g. more info on the city list, a unit list, a screen that shows world-wide diplomatic relations at a glance, a screen that shows world-wide resource usage and availability at a glance, popups on resources in the trade screen, a city screen that shows all info at a glance instead of several different tabs, etc. Doesn't have to look nice, but needs to be able to handle huge numbers of civs.
  • Difficulty: A mod that gives AIs less of an initial bonus, but keeps them strong as the game progresses. I would like to play a more "historical" early game with slow expansion speed, but want to see some challenge from the AI in the late game. The game's current design means that I _have to_ expand rapidly at first to overcome the AI's initial bonuses, but once I've done that, the game is practically won regardless of the difficulty setting.
  • AI Behavior: if it exists, a mod that improves the AI, especially military maneuvering. I'd also like to see blocks of longer-lasting AI alliances, and I prefer a roleplay approach (e.g. I dislike it when the AI makes decisions that aren't grounded in the alternate history that the game creates, e.g. turning their back on a long-term ally because they don't want him to "win the game").

Sorry about the long list - I guess that's because I'm trying to recreate a very specific type of gameplay, and know from experience which roadblocks had to be removed to do that in previous Civ games, but don't have any experience with Civ6 modding yet. As I said, all suggestions are welcome! Also, if anyone has experience with gigantic games in Civ6 and would like to add something I forgot, that would be much appreciated as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom