[MOD]Stone Ages : Pre Alpha

I've done some work with the XML files so the Mod should actually load. Assuming the Mod has been installed in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Stone Age 0.41 then replace the following files in the following locations from the attached zip:

Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Stone Age 0.41\Assets\XML\GameInfo and
both Civ4BonusInfos.xml and Civ4ImprovemnetInfos.xml in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods\Stone Age 0.41\Assets\XML\Terrain

You may wish to copy the original files before replacing them. This will allow the Mod to load without errors. There are still a number of issues that will need addressing but at least this will get you started.

Attachments

• XMLFiles.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 111
curtadams i think that you should create another topic where you would put your own mod to download on the first page.

As for me, the mod now loads with no error (with the files given by Sam Yeager), but I can't see any text as I said in your topic in the Mac forum. Can you arrange this?

This would be too bad that this mod to end there, I have plenty ideas for it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4542694&postcount=26

I put Sam's files into my directory - with no visible effect, since it always worked fine on my Mac. I think the PC version hardcodes some data it shouldn't.

I do NOT get any text problems. I updated the Stone Age 0.41 zip so it has Yeager's changes - you can download it and look although I'm afraid it's probably not going to help. Alternatively you could send me a zip of what you have and I could see if it causes trouble. I have no idea why text disappears (doesn't work for me on several mods) - it seems like quite a botch on the designer's part to have it go south with no warning.

Curtadams, create another thread, cuz every new person comeing n, thinks the mod is dead..And the idea of the mod is great!

Yes Curt...GO GO GO...this is a killer idea, check into Eusurbious's Live Resource mod, it fits sooooo well with this....

So where are we again? The file works right? Where can I find the file? I have the time to download now.

Top Bottom