[MOD]Stone Ages : Pre Alpha

Hello, your mod is very interesting.

A quick remark about ressources (according to the first post only): I feel it a little weird not to have any flint or any other stone ressource, for a stone age mod!

As for me I hope to bring some ideas that I presented in the following post, maybe you already saw it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=4455468#post4455468

I would have some couple more ideas, just ask. :)

thanks.

this mod does not seem to be updating Naokaukodem, but hopefully someone would keep on making it.

curtadams said:
OK, I downloaded this tonight and patched up the outrageous bugs, at least with 1.61 A summary of what I did, with some explanations to help people facing similar problems:

Changed to versions 1.61 (edited version # in GlobalDefines)

Stopped players appearing with all techs (edited STARTING_ERA to PALEOLITHIC_STONE_ERA in GlobalDefines)

Got text to appear in startup screens(with version fix)

made improvements buildable and useful (set PrereqNatureYields to 0 and changed IrrigatedYieldChange to YieldChanges)

made Stone Age resource appear on map and eliminated some post-stone age
(edited CIV4BonusInfos.xml : set <iTilesPer> to 8 and made all appear in a set of TerrainBooleans or both FeatureBooleans and Feature TerrainBooleans)
set <iTilesPer> to 0 for many normal resources

So you can look at it, although it's very far from playable as a game. Is anybody interested in this puppy? It needs a plan for how a game is supposed to go, especially how to win. I'm interested in doing some design and XML coding but I have no art tools and even less artistic skill.
I am definitely interested in your fix. in its current state the game is unplayable.

could you post a link to the version you created?

This is the mod I am most interested in at the moment.

Hey Sphinx -

Your mod sounds neat...

Shouldn't "The Catching of Fish" just be called "Fishing"?
Likewise "The Gathering of Food" be called "Food Gathering"?

I might consider changing Cave Painting to Pictography or Glyphs, the use of images to represent concepts. That might lead to Language...

I'd thing about adding Stone Tools as a tech (oops, you already did), maybe Hoarding, and Preservation as well (of meat and produce).

I love adding techs...

Venger
P.S. This looks like a whole great big mod where you play only in the stone age - you might consider a "lite" version that adds some prequel time to the existing game - maybe 10 techs, a building or two, etc.

Is this for Civ 4 or for Warlords?

when i am trying to play the mod made by curtadams i get a lot of errors it could be cus i have warlords instaled if so could u please make one compatibel whit warlords

Venger said:
Shouldn't "The Catching of Fish" just be called "Fishing"?
Likewise "The Gathering of Food" be called "Food Gathering"?

Venger
P.S. This looks like a whole great big mod where you play only in the stone age - you might consider a "lite" version that adds some prequel time to the existing game - maybe 10 techs, a building or two, etc.
I suspect AcidSphinx called it "The Catching of Fish" because there's already a tech called "Fishing". Removing a tech is a LOT of work. He apparently intended this to be a large-scale prequel (his added units are notably inferior to existing units) so I think he wanted "Fishing" to be separate. "The Gathering of Food" is more stylistically consistent with "The Catching of Fish" although "Food Gathering" (or even just "Gathering") is more "standard" Civ4 style.

Ideas for techs are always great.

You know, I always play Rome and apparently they just start with Fishing, never noticed you had to research it! Perhaps Spear Fishing should lead to, say Net Fishing (renaming the normal Fishing to Net Fishing).

Venger

Roamty said:
I was working on Era_Stone_Age Unofficial fix for it to update to 1.61 next I will try for warlords, so someone can keep it going. Its willing mess up. got it to run in 1.61 I,am posting the Unofficial fix.

Get it here: Good Luck to who will keep this mod going.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/82c4f3/
Is this a fix for curtadams version, or acidsphinx's original?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamty
I was working on Era_Stone_Age Unofficial fix for it to update to 1.61 next I will try for warlords, so someone can keep it going. Its willing mess up. got it to run in 1.61 I,am posting the Unofficial fix.

Get it here: Good Luck to who will keep this mod going.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/82c4f3/

Is this a fix for curtadams version, or acidsphinx's original?

It's For acidsphinx's original

it may help curtadams version Good luck to curtadams

I love the idea of this Mod, plz someone, finish it ASAP :)

curtadams said:
I have a Mac, for which Warlords doesn't exist.
I am surprised ... i would have thought warlords would be very portable? Wouldn't the python side at least be the same for linux, windows and mac? If they are using a microsoft version of C, i can see compatibility issues (microsoft seems to try and make a proprietary version of every open standard, even tcpip) but otherwise i would have thought most everything would be the same ... perhaps the movie formats are incompatible ?

Then again i remember groaning because of the different way operating systems handled a new line character/s which in my opion should be part of the ascii standard i.e. one character = a new line, thank you very much!

I think the prequel idea is a good one. Are there any freeware art sites or similar you can utilise? Is this any use?

Top Bottom