[C3C] Mod That Disables Tech Trading?

Knightfall

Warlord
Is there any mod out there that completely disables to the ability to trade techs with other civs for both players and AI? I got used to playing without it in V/VI and now it honetly seems kinda annoying.

The only way is to go in the editor and into the civilization advances section and click cannot be traded column for every tech
I’m playing this way lately and it’s v interesting and I believe it makes the game harder too

The only way is to go in the editor and into the civilization advances section and click cannot be traded column for every tech
I’m playing this way lately and it’s v interesting and I believe it makes the game harder too
How do I do that?

How do I do that?
Tickle the box "Cannot be traded" for every tech in the Civilization Advances registry. Per example in the mod CCM most techs in era 3 and all techs in era 4 cannot be traded.

NoTrade.jpg

Tickle the box "Cannot be traded" for every tech in the Civilization Advances registry. Per example in the mod CCM most techs in era 3 and all techs in era 4 cannot be traded.

View attachment 665930
I mean how to I get the editor? Is it packaged with the game?

I mean how to I get the editor? Is it packaged with the game?
Yes, the editor (current version 1.03) is packed with the game (Civ 3 Complete). This editor has a bug in not allowing scientific great leaders.

Yes, the editor (current version 1.03) is packed with the game (Civ 3 Complete). This editor has a bug in not allowing scientific great leaders.
Thanks! I'll go do that then.

i am a bit puzzled by that comment. I have no trouble getting scientific great leaders in my mods. In some of them I have gotten two or three, not at the same time, however.

i am a bit puzzled by that comment. I have no trouble getting scientific great leaders in my mods. In some of them I have gotten two or three, not at the same time, however.
That bug is not in the unpatched Firaxis editor 1.00 coming with the CD version of C3C (but was introduced with a patch of the CD version, updating the Firaxis editor to version 1.03) and was fixed in Steph´s editor, the Quintillus editor, the Flintlock mod and some of the Antal1987 exes. I cannot say, if this was also done in the Polish hacked editor, but you have posted that you have downloaded a "Cracked editor": https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/cracked-editor.680112/#post-16356567

How do I actually modify Advances in the editor? I opened the program but when I tried to open up "Civilization Advances" under "Rules" it was greyed out.

How do I actually modify Advances in the editor? I opened the program but when I tried to open up "Civilization Advances" under "Rules" it was greyed out.
Before you can do any changes in the Rules Registry, you first have to enable the box "Custom Rules" in the scenario properties registry.

Custom Rules.jpg

Thanks guys it looks like it works! Going to upload it to the board as a scenario so others can use it if they want.

Top Bottom