[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

@Craig_Sutter ... no, cache is only for indexig xml files, when when playing different mods, cache is newly created..maybe you mistakenly clear also your game profile ?

@Master_Chaz ... this is slavery rebellion - when you have chosen slavery civic, each city has chance, that slaves initiate revolt (no slaves as unit in game, but slaves as concept of slavery..)

Yes, thats right. Im playing as Spain in the medieval era and i noticed that every empire i came across had slaves toiling away in the fields, or hiding in the cities from me. When i reached my objective Medina, the defenders were already injured. :)

This is because a slave revolt had occured last turn and the defenders had been forced to fight for their life, probably against hypsapists. With my army hitting them the turn after, they lost the city quite easily. Notices are also coming up that cities are being lost to barbarian civs. That happened in the past, but perhaps some of my opponents had a slave revolt just as a barbarian army rocked up. :lol: Too bad for them, the slaves may have shown excellent timing.

As it seems that no-one has begun to, I am updating seZereth's Regiments Mod (ten soldiers per unit in the stead of three) to work for the new units in v2.0.
I should be finished within a day or so, and until then, any suggestions along these lines would be appreciated (for example, an explanation of how to upload the changed files so that they may be readily accesible with the rest of the mod, if of course my work is deemed adequate)

Hey Houman! First of all, EXCELLENT mod u created for us! Really, people like u make this game worth playing longer than ever.

About ur mod.. When I discovered gunpowder, saltpeter didnt appear on the map. Before me, India allready discovered it, but I didnt saw any musketmen in India for 10 turns or more.

I used the world map. When I opened the worldbuilder, I noticed that saltpeter wasnt anywhere on the world to be found.

So just to let u know...

Keep on the good work!

hello all
great mod :goodjob:
just wondering anyone else had this error report ?
didn't have any effect on game play, one click and the error screen went away. just letting you know

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 226
@alireza1354: are you using TotalRealismWorlMap? this map has already preset 27 sources of saltpeper (counted in map file) -or you used other map? - this mod uses more resources as vanilla civ4, so if you use other map, you can miss some important resources

@Brave Sir Robin:
C++ exception - this is from game engine, so we can't found why it is generated, nor solve this :( (in this case, it is from line if pCity.isHasRealBuilding(iInquisition): so problem is probably in isHasRealBuilding method in C++ code

I found the reason why the religion mod didn't work correctly. The problem is caused by the piece of python code, which looks for the INi files of the ReligionMod and the ReazeCity mod. Maybe its also a problem for the MercenaryMod. This piece of source is is not able to detect the INI file in the mods folder of the installation directory (e.g. c:\program files\sid meiers civilization 4\mods). It would be able to found the INI files in the user directories mod folder (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4\mods) or in the user directory itself (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4).

If the INI could not be found, the program usually takes some default values, except for the setting swhere you have to list the religion names in the INI. And the Local Religion setting which is responsible for the Judaism feature is one of them. Because the local religion was not set, the feature was disabled.

This was the reason why I couldn't reproduce the problem, because I still have my INI files in the user directory from the developing phase. after deleting them I had the same problem.

I will work out a fix for that problem this evening or tomorrow. As a hotfix, you can copy the ReligionMod.INI and the RazeCityMod.INI into your user directory (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4). This should solve the problem immediatly.

Sorry for the difficulties,

12m

Ploeperpengel said:
Seems my comp's to slow for this one. Takes me a long time each turn but still I like playing it. Currently at turn 250 or something and the civs are still pretty close together in ranking. Interesting game!

yeah..i am a developer but i never played total realism map - my comp is too slow :( so i am plaing only random map at standard size - this is maximum what i can play :)

12monkeys said:
I found the reason why the religion mod didn't work correctly. The problem is caused by the piece of python code, which looks for the INi files of the ReligionMod and the ReazeCity mod. Maybe its also a problem for the MercenaryMod. This piece of source is is not able to detect the INI file in the mods folder of the installation directory (e.g. c:\program files\sid meiers civilization 4\mods). It would be able to found the INI files in the user directories mod folder (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4\mods) or in the user directory itself (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4).

If the INI could not be found, the program usually takes some default values, except for the setting swhere you have to list the religion names in the INI. And the Local Religion setting which is responsible for the Judaism feature is one of them. Because the local religion was not set, the feature was disabled.

This was the reason why I couldn't reproduce the problem, because I still have my INI files in the user directory from the developing phase. after deleting them I had the same problem.

I will work out a fix for that problem this evening or tomorrow. As a hotfix, you can copy the ReligionMod.INI and the RazeCityMod.INI into your user directory (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4). This should solve the problem immediatly.

Sorry for the difficulties,

12m

really? but when i tested merc. mod (which using same ini parser as religion mod) values was readed correctly from ini ?!

EDIT: hmm. but some peoples report problem froma reading ini too, so i will make more tests today evening..

12monkeys said:
As a hotfix, you can copy the ReligionMod.INI and the RazeCityMod.INI into your user directory (e.g. \own files\my games\sid meiers civilization 4). This should solve the problem immediatly.
Do you mean \my documents\my games\sid meiers civilization 4\?
Thanks in advance.

this looks like an awesome modpack, thanks for all your hard work. I'm not able to install it though... I'm running civ4 from Cedega on my Linux machine, and for whatever reason the install program refuses to work properly. Is there any way you can provide the mod files without the installer around them?

Thanks!

Mexico said:
@alireza1354: are you using TotalRealismWorlMap? this map has already preset 27 sources of saltpeper (counted in map file) -or you used other map? - this mod uses more resources as vanilla civ4, so if you use other map, you can miss some important resources

I used the TotalRealismWorldMap indeed. I didnt see any saltpeter appearing when gunpowder was found out by me though...

kurt-roges said:
this looks like an awesome modpack, thanks for all your hard work. I'm not able to install it though... I'm running civ4 from Cedega on my Linux machine, and for whatever reason the install program refuses to work properly. Is there any way you can provide the mod files without the installer around them?

Thanks!
you can download this from svn source repository (link to repository can be found at http://civ4mods.sourceforge.net/realism/index.html ) - provided mod is release 333 (you can also download newer releases, but these are develpment files and can be broken)

With regards to the regiment mod - I propose that the combat units would basically be of two sizes - regiment and platoon sized, the regiments would take longer and would be costlier.

But I think it should also cost one pop unit to reflect recruiting from the general population.

Would not this be more realistic?

Also the war penalty should be costlier whatever civic that you have - if you start one -double whammy especially if you are a democracy.
Defending - not so much.

Democracy should be heftier in it's benefits in peacetime (research, commerce, happiness, etc).

If we want to go ad nauseum in techs - future technologies - more expensive but carries incremental increase say in increased money, food, trade, happiness, % in combat, etc.

Hello all. I have a problem starting up the Total Realism mod off the desktop shortcut. I have installed the mod, twice now, each time deleting the old mod before the new installation. Playing after the installation works fine, but the next time I go to play the loading screen never gets past "Init XML (unchached)".

Is anyone else having this problem, or am I the lucky one?

First of all i have to congratulate all the hard-workers around this superb mod.

I encounter a strange situation with stacks and generals : when i have a big stack (more than a line, let's say 8+ units) joined with a general, units disappear and i just see 1 icon from any of the unit, with only move actions available, and no group/degroup button available. If the units are not in the same selection, it's possible to go from one to another with "enter" key, and just realize moves, nothing else.
Didn't saw other reports from the same bug, so i wonder if there is a thing a didn't understood in the mod :/

(after re-check : bug appears with more than 14 units in the same tile, even if no general present)

Same problem here but I got around it by starting the game via the Earthmap shortcut and then going back to the main menu and loading my save game. A bit wierd but it seems to work.

I installed the Realism mod onto a fresh install of Civ 4 v1.61. I cannot see any goodie huts (though they are there), and my game began with a 10 turns left countdown. I "won" on turn 10 with a time victory. My game was set to "realistic", which was the only turn count allowed.

Any suggestions?

grammar errors:
"Defence I" promotion should be named "Defense I"

Total Loss stuff:
Those little extra buttons (probably from various mod components) could use some pop up text when highlighting them as to explain their function.

Graphic civipedia glitch:
- A6M Zero is a red blob in its civipedia screen.
- Nuclear silo improvement/facility has no graphic representation in the civipedia, only the grassy field view.

Text civipedia glitches:
- Zoroastrian religious buildings have no pedia texts yet.
- Zeppelin and Strike Fighter give a "txt_key_unit_mod_vs_no_link" line when highlighting them in the research (F6) screen. Missing link or something I suppose.

Some minor stuff thus. ;) Some major things I noticed seem to be reported already.

PS: Don't know if this is related to the Religious Mod report, but when a tech is researched and the list with techs available for research popped up, Dualism (Zoroaster religion) wasn't included in that list while I could start that tech manually in the F6 screen.

Regards on a mod well done sofar.
Geo

Top Bottom