1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[mod] TOTAL REALISM 2.0

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Modpacks' started by Houman, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Kaenash

Kaenash Warlord

Good point. I guess it was just so over the top what he was saying, I had to jump in there.

Maybe you have one resource, that if you actually use it, and you have christian religion, then you lose the garden of eden. The apple of knowledge.

haha.

Well, I am still hunting for 2.01 or 2.02 before I try again. I have had several bad attempts at playing The Mediteranean mod as romans, and so I was probably just a little frustrated.

I also felt the need to finally install "Pax Romana" and old dreamcatcher game I had. I didn't realize it came with spyware, and for whateer reason when I rebooted (it insists), norton found a trojan buried in my total realism folder (which could have come from anywhere, but I the only actual programs I downloaded were the TAM mod 1.9 and installed Pax Romana).

windows also felt the need to do a check disk on reboot. so I think that is a bad sign.

It also installed Starforce which for some reason norton doesn't see as a virus.

I haven't actually played the game, I've spent the last hour defragging and running virus scans and backing up my hard drive.

2. Ankenaton

Ankenaton "The Heretic"

I was a fan of Norton's programs up until a couple of years ago; until I realized that once you install anything Norton, it becomes very difficult to remove. I use free virus scanners, anti-spammers and firewalls and I am satisfied with the results. Every five or so minutes Norton is asking for more money for the next upgrade/download. TAM and Realism 2.0 do not mix very well at this point in my experience. Since I have two hard drives, I installed the game on each and modded one TAM and the other Realism 2.0. There is a software roadmap on creating a second CIV 4 directory that maybe one of the 2.0 contributers can help you with.

3. Kaenash

Kaenash Warlord

4. Commander Bello

Commander Bello Say No 2 Net Validations

Trojan.Zlob detected in setup2.0a.exe.

See the attached screenshot for more details!

Attached Files:

5. Ioannes

Ioannes Chieftain

I also had the virus detected and removed by norton

6. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

7. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Houman - please scan and clean your computer for the trojan some users detected on the last page of this thread. In the meantime, I will ask Thunderfall to delete the infected files. Please pm me when you have cleaned the trojan, and recompiled a clean DLL.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

8. Houman

Houman TR Team Leader

Good morning,

Eeverything is going down in my private life - and now this; a false alarm caused by the lovely Symantic Antivirus program that has now crushed our Total Realism community who would think we are some Trojan makers and want to harm them. :sad:

Please have a look on this here:
    http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

This is the script we use to make the installer for the mod.

Now click on this link under the recent news to read for yourself the false alarm is caused by Norton Anti Virus and NSIS installer script.

Click on it and read it!

THERE is NO trojan inside the script. :sad: Check the files with any McAfee or else Anti-Virus program beside the Norton and you will see!!!

P.S. Patch 2.0.2 released! Main page - download

Regards
    Houman

9. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

or test with newest virus database...this false alarm is corrected

10. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

I didnt believe it. Nothing was picked up on my antivirus software, and it would be the stupidest thing for a team of mod makers to do.

Isnt chieftess going to post that it was a false alarm?

Besides, this mod is so good id happily suffer a virus for it. ;)

11. crismac

crismac Warlord

I didn't believe it either.I ran an anti virus scan on my computer when I heard about this,and nothing came up.I do not have Norton anti virus either :)

P.S Thanks for such a quick release on the patch :goodjob:

12. Tunguska

Tunguska Chieftain

I'm just playing my first Civ game with this MOD. And I like it, thanks.

I've read most of this thread but I haven't seen a request for colonies.
    Since this is a realism MOD, we have to have colonies in it.
    Like a new option when you capture a far away city, to make it your colony, maybe less maintainance costs, but a bigger need for militairy presence.

Thanks.

13. lostkiwi

lostkiwi Chieftain

Once the Warlords expansion comes out with that Vassalage concept, it should make it easier to adapt that into a colony mod.

But having a colonies or puppet state concept would be awesome.

14. samson01234

samson01234 Chieftain

Whihc patch do I download 2.0.2 or 2.0.1 if I've do not have either?

15. Mexico

Mexico TR senior programmer

you need only last patch (2.0.2)

16. Nightravn

Nightravn Warlord

@Waylander - I am by no means saying you have to research in any particular order. Just pointing out that some paths aren't as optimal as others. The problem with the only building warriors was with the map with the Cities already placed. I have adjusted that map to reduce the numbers of turns and the starting year as this map simulates you having already played a few turns. I have also gave all the Civ's some starting techs and a worker. If you are having this problem on a random map or in the Regular World map then I will say that you are not focusing on enough commerce producing techs but this can be a problem in Vanilla as well.

Actually there is no denying the existence of dinosaurs, the debate is when they existed and when they died off. Those that believe in the God of the Bible believe that they didn't exist millions of years ago since the world is only 6000 years old and that they died off in the Great Flood though they might not actually be extinct if you believe in the Loch Ness Monster.

So I suppose we could have the starting year begin at 6000 and included some dinosaurs but then at around 4500 we would have to destroy all the Civs at that point and start over. Probably wouldn't be allot of fun so I think that starting at 4000 is probably the best move here. :)

17. ruffriders23

ruffriders23 Prince

Great mod guys. I love this one. I also ran a scan with a D.O.D. antivirus (I am military), and got nothing. I say kick the guy out and take his Civ IV CD for causing problems. Make him go play The Sims until he gets a real antivirus! ;)

James

18. Toys®Us

Toys®Us Warlord

I never had a thought like that. But someone with the desire to conquer the World may infiltrate your team, and harm us...
    :D

SO, my random crashes (CTD) are still a mystery, a real one... I would like to play the MOD, but I can't right now.
    If you investigate the problem, let me know please.

Anyway, welcome back as a "free man"
    :goodjob:

P.S. I use "AntiVir", and nothing wrong was detected.

19. Los Tirano

Los Tirano God-King

I have the latest patch and its telling me a Redcoat has only an eleven strength yet it is meant to be the replacement for the rifleman which has 16. Not sure if somebody was halfway through adding redcoat to musketman era and left it, but this is what im seeing.

(sigh) my soldiers are fighting like little girls tonight. As Spain and Egypt my forces always conquer and bring much glory, but the performance of the French soldiers tonight is below par. Alexander and Napoleon have ripped each other to shreds, with no one able to gain true final victory.

20. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

cool downloaded new patch, love the mod. Its been very challenging. I to saw the virus alert, but it didnt stop or mess anything up, nonexistent. Im hoping the new patch is as you say, compatiable with saved games. One problem im having is loading my saved game its taking 20 minutes to load, i actually fell asleep waiting for it once. If i shut down all backgroung apps running threw msconfig, i can get the turn time down to 3-3.3 minutes. Is more the 1 gb of memory helpful, im thinking of adding some to see.