[MOD][WARLORDS] ViSa Modpack

greenflea3000 said:
It worked! It took a little bit of time for my computer to load the new world builder but the ranged bombardment works great.
Thanks for your help.

Oh and I know An Nord Draoi has been having problems with his interface...did he clear his cache? It worked for me.

Did that prior to installing ViSa's latest patch, then again after the problems arose, then again just a few minutes ago when I came across your post here and figured "eh, why not...".

Still the same problems. :sad:

Domestic advisor issue

seems random but i have only seen it if i have lots of cities. Might be not enough ram? Once it happens i can sometimes get it back to normal by flipping back to main screen but it seems to always come back, especially if i change a group of cities' build lists e.g. inserting forges for each one.

Spoiler :

just a quick update about the no interface issue

I have installed Total Realism mod (for Warlords 2.08), and it work perfectly ...
maybe this can hint VISA team where our (since I'm not alone) problems lies :confused:

Redbarn said:

I have installed Total Realism mod (for Warlords 2.08), and it work perfectly ...
maybe this can hint VISA team where our (since I'm not alone) problems lies :confused:

Not much because we can't replicate the issue and so very few people have this problem...but thanks for the info.

!!!SOS!!!PLEAZE HELP!!!SOS!!!
I have folowed the install instruction for visa mod,(worlords 2.0.8;visa patch 2.10)but when I clik on worlords icon the game starts and after the intro is finished,my comp. selfrestart!!!Only one time I had enter the main menu and when i chosed to load the mod-again same story!Please Help!!!

Duka said:
I have folowed the install instruction for visa mod,(worlords 2.0.8;visa patch 2.10)but when I clik on worlords icon the game starts and after the intro is finished,my comp. selfrestart!!!Only one time I had enter the main menu and when i chosed to load the mod-again same story!Please Help!!!

Sounds like your monitor frequencies are too high. Monitor will send emergency shutdown request if they are to high as a last resort so you dont kill your monitor. Check these make sure they are set to auto or read your monitor install guide and find the correct HRZ for them.

Duka said:

Might be as CivFanCCS says, but certainly not caused by ViSa...at least not a properly installed ViSa.

Duka said:

If after Warlords, you installed the patch 2.10 WITHOUT 2.00, I guess that's where the problem may lie.
You need to install Visa 2.00 over Warlords, and THEN apply the 2.10 patch.

civ4ludo said:
If after Warlords, you installed the patch 2.10 WITHOUT 2.00, I guess that's where the problem may lie.
You need to install Visa 2.00 over Warlords, and THEN apply the 2.10 patch.

There are many ways to get to the latest patch of ViSa...as I outlined in a previous post.

It is not required to install ViSa v2.00 if the Registry Key Fix is used.

Redbarn said:

Except that I installed Total Realism as well as Composite XL although they were for unpatched Warlords and I got the no interface bit. I then tried Visa immediately afterwards and it worked just fine.

So, the repeatability is a bit difficult.

I also get the domestic advisor issue if I assess it using the F1 key, - if I then like on any city icon to view it and then esc back out of the view the advisor screen then displays correctly. the corruption of the layout only seens to happen on assess via F1

awesome mod :goodjob: I just wonder if there are any plans for earth maps to be implemented for this mod? I haven´t figured out yet how to put out own start locations and how to import maps. It seems to be very complicated in comparison with Civ3. Im also really looking forward to the next version with the genetic era mod including as well and I would really like you to include different sizes of earth maps and maybe a europe map with start locations as well. I think you´re mod is the best and Im glad that there are these good mods out here already even though the game has only been out for about a year :)

Axil said:
I also get the domestic advisor issue if I assess it using the F1 key, - if I then like on any city icon to view it and then esc back out of the view the advisor screen then displays correctly. the corruption of the layout only seens to happen on assess via F1

Interesting...I don't use F1 so maybe that explains why I never see the problem.

cyberstrong said:
awesome mod :goodjob: I just wonder if there are any plans for earth maps to be implemented for this mod? I haven´t figured out yet how to put out own start locations and how to import maps. It seems to be very complicated in comparison with Civ3. Im also really looking forward to the next version with the genetic era mod including as well and I would really like you to include different sizes of earth maps and maybe a europe map with start locations as well. I think you´re mod is the best and Im glad that there are these good mods out here already even though the game has only been out for about a year :)

Look up two posts, seady has a link to Earth Map.

I ntoiced explorers get stomped now the barbarians are tougher. I can't do the art work but if i do the other xml stats for 2 units that are upgrades along that line, would there be an interest in adding them in?

seady said:
I ntoiced explorers get stomped now the barbarians are tougher. I can't do the art work but if i do the other xml stats for 2 units that are upgrades along that line, would there be an interest in adding them in?

Why do you say the Barbs are tougher?

Great mod i just started my first game with it and i love the graphic changes to the units and the new animals. finding the resources as you discover tech everything is awesome. only thing id like to see changed, and this has been in everything since the game came out, is the time it takes to build a unit vs the time it takes to reserch a tech. i play on marathon and have always found it odd that i can research faster than i can build, especially at the begining of the game. i just think it should take longer for the tech so units arent obsolete before before you can get a couple built.

Ithink the reasearch time has been set for when they add the genetic era

Awesome mod, been playing for about 700 turns now with no problems. I do want to make a note that I also did have the "no interface" issue, however it was resolved after I re-installed 2.0 FIRST then patching it with 2.10. I believe I accidentally installed the patch before installing 2.0.

Again great job on all the additions. I definitely look forward to future patches. Thanks!!

Top Bottom