MoDA comments 1100 AD

TheViking

The world is not enough
Everything revolves around science and caravans at the moment so there are only a few to-do domestic issues. Due to their nature, they are not arranged in a turn by turn list.

(1) Found cities C1 to C4 ASAP. C1 and C4 are at the same latitude so I like the suggestion of naming exactly these two cities "Electrical" and "Superstorms". I changed my mind about the location of C2 after voting so the result there is unclear. I like Tim's idea of founding it either at the end of the peninsula (2 squares WSW of the settler) or on the plains 2 squares NW of the settler, depending on what exploration reveals.

(2) The poll result on rush buying stuff in the new cities was tied. I suggest rush buying something (preferably a crusader, with horseman the second option) in C4 ASAP, we need a unit to expel diplomats. The trireme can expel diplomats in C1 (it should stay there for a few turns). Delays in the other cities (especially C2 and C3) should be less risky.

(3) Build a fortress for the elephant near Ipec once the settler N of VM finishes irrigating.

(4) The results of the science poll suggest theology is our highest priority tech goal and Bach is also a very high priority wonder so we should try acquring feudalism from the Indians or Greeks (preferrably Indians IMO) as soon as we discover democracy but not earlier.

(5) Dou would really benefit from a stock exchange, should start one next turn.

(6) We should probably start to chop down some trees near Dou.

(7) If in 1160 AD there's any danger of not discovering democracy next turn the MoDA approves of setting science to 60-70% and taxes to 0-10% for one turn even if this makes it necessary to sell a city improvement (probably an aqueduct somewhere).

(8) Irrigating near LC is a very high priority. We can fix RF's food problems with a harbor but LC can't build one so I suggest moving at least one of the settlers near RF towards LC. Irrigating near PB would be nice if time to do so is avaialble. The grassland square near LP needs irrigation.

Top Bottom