Modability of the resource system

Tomice

Passionate Smart-Ass
Hi!
Has anyone found a way to make aluminum work like iron (lump sum instead of per turn)?
Or found a way to create dual requirements (e.g. knights needing 20 iron AND 1 horse/turn)?

It seems that you can only change which resource a unit uses, but not to require two of them.
It also seems hardcoded which resource is used per turn and which only during construction.

Did anyone have more success?

It would appear that the "ResourceCost" value from the new "Units_XP2" table is in fact tied to the "StrategicResource" define in the old "Units" table. So you can have a one resource type/amount for production and another type/amount for maintenance.

Unintuitive, but very interesting!!! Thank you both! :thumbsup:

I'm glad this seems modable after all. I didn't think that the type of resource consumption is determined on a per-unit basis.

Gotta try some stuff soon - They seem to have implemented a system where the importance of resources is determined by era. (iron/horses until medieval, niter during renaissance, oil for most of the lategame, aluminum for planes and helicopters.
I'd rather like to see some ongoing importance especially for iron - it's not historic that having sufficient metal was a non-issue in later eras...

Iron could see use as steel. Railroads for example use it, together with coal. However, this doesn't work for units - as already established, only one resource type can be used for construction. But I think all late game units should basically require either iron or aluminum for construction, and niter, oil, or uranium for fuel.

Maybe a "Steel Mill" building could consume iron and coal per turn and turn it into a new Steel resource, but I doubt the AI would be able to account for this properly and most likely just end up with a constant lack of steel, massively hindering their military industry.

Maybe a "Steel Mill" building could consume iron and coal per turn and turn it into a new Steel resource, but I doubt the AI would be able to account for this properly and most likely just end up with a constant lack of steel, massively hindering their military industry.
So far I haven't spotted any easy way to make buildings produce resources (can it be done with Modifiers?), but it should be possible to make a building like the Steel Mill (with a iron+coal buildcost and/or maintenance) be a requirement to build certain units.

So far I haven't spotted any easy way to make buildings produce resources (can it be done with Modifiers?), but it should be possible to make a building like the Steel Mill (with a iron+coal buildcost and/or maintenance) be a requirement to build certain units.
there's a future era wildcard that makes spaceports produce 3 aluminium and 3 power

there's a future era wildcard that makes spaceports produce 3 aluminium and 3 power
Cool! Yeah, I see that now - the modifer adds resource generation for a specified amount of a specified resource to any city that meets the requirment of having a specified building. This method should work just nicely! :goodjob:

Top Bottom