MoDA's shopping list (preliminary version)

TheViking

The world is not enough
I've been checking what needs to be built/rush bought to achieve the following goals:

(1) Three trade routes, marketplaces, temples in all of Coresux' cities + harbors in those cities that can build them. Ditto for one city in Woodstock, Jayneland and Barbaria. Exception: No trade routes in BBF (what happens if you send a caravan to a barbarian city ??)

(2) Banks and sewers in at least 2 cities and possibly as many as 7 cities in Coresux.

(3) Stock exchange in Dou.

(4) A few crusaders to strengthen our military in Coresux and Woodstock.

Once this is achieved we can achieve the next goal:

(5) Get all of Coresux' cities to size 12 or more the next time we celebrate, as well as one city in Woodstock, Jayneland and Barbaria.

There is also one additional goal:

(6) Build three wonders, AS, Bach and Leo in this priority order. The reason AS is #1 is that some AI civ already has economics. Bach must be built before we celebrate, otherwise our triremes must stay in a city while we celebrate which is a bad idea.

And once this has been done invade Greece by first building a few barracks and then 6-10 more crusaders/dragoons.

Goals 1-4 require the following to be built (most of it rush bought in fact):

4 crusaders
16 caravans (4 food caravans since they are already being built, the other 12 will be delivered in Dou)
6 temples
3 harbors
9 marketplaces
10 aqueducts
2-7 banks
2-7 sewers
1 stock exchange
3 wonders

I haven't worked out roughly how many turns this is going to take but probably not much more than 10. The wonders are hardest and things are further complicated by the fact there are some interesting techs ahead.

This list looks like more reasons not to prosecute an offensive war at this time.

Also, I don't know if AS will stay ahead of Leos for long. We have talked about getting feudalism from the Indians. Invention is usually on every AI's short list (at least until gunpowder) when it comes to trading, so we will probably have to give it up as part of the tech trade. That would put Leo's in jeopardy as well, and I daresay I'd rather have Leo's than ASTCo. (although getting both is ideal.)

Correct - real war preparations should not be started until 10-15 turns from now IMO. I'll recommend rush buying 4 crusaders immediately though so we can immediately kill possible invaders in BP and on Coresux' NE coastal cities.

However, once the real preparations start we will be so overwhelmingly powerful economically that we will be able to complete them in 2-4 turns: Buy the required military stuff, a few barracks, roughly 10 crusaders and maybe some diplomats and ships.

Despite this 10-15 turn delay the military poll is IMO important for planning purposes because it affects where barracks and units will be built (invading western Greece means military buildup in cities like BP, LP, EF, FW, IGl and maybe Naer while an eastern invasion would require military stuff in VM and Ipec but not LP and BP).

Top Bottom